Pony Cop Part 1

Pony Cop Part 1

Tue, 02/15/2011 - 15:52 by Ananth in response to ponycop 1

Pony Cop originally appeared alongside comics from Svetlana ChmakovaTK Labus, and Leisl Adams in a pony-themed collection called Pony Rock. I think we agreed and forgot to ask what the theme was - when I found out I wasn't sure what to do. I don't actually know a lot about ponies or pony nostalgia or pony culture. But I know buddy cop films! It's been about a year and all the copies are long since sold, so we figured we'd share it with you guys. Please join us for two weeks of incredibly stupid, high-octane pony action.

We're talking to a class at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) in NYC tomorrow - if you're a teacher or professor who'd like to have us as guest speakers, please drop us a line! We'd love to come chat with your students.

We'll be at Kitsunekon next week! Come say hi, we're always happy to meet you guys.

Comments

Bwahahahaha! I love the

Comment by bigbigtruck (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 16:12

Bwahahahaha! I love the >B〘 face in every panel.

Right?

Comment by Rebecca C. (not verified) Tue, 05/31/2011 - 13:39

Chief's and Cop's faces are EXACTLY the same!

This

Comment by Red (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 16:40

This just made my day. <3
My horrible horrible day.

Comparisions...

Comment by pandiculator (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 16:43

I can't help but compare Pony Cop to the wonderful Gunnerkrigg Court's City Face.

Looking forward to the rest of the high-octane silliness. Love the illustrations!

o_o

Comment by Red (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 16:43

Holy crap, sorry, no freakin' clue how my comment did that \8
...Asexual reproduction?

OMG...

Comment by Dottie D (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 17:07

I'm a long-ish time reader and first time poster. I must say, Pony Cop has me very very excited!

I look forward to seeing more!

Its...GLORIOUS!!

Comment by fraoch (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 17:19

I want to tattoo the last panel on my arm so I can enjoy the awesomeness of it for the rest of my life :D

He's a pony! He's a cop!

Comment by june (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 17:30

Together they make Pony Cop!

Brb, loling forever.

SVA?!

Comment by Sma (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 17:30

bah! i wish i were an art student so i could attend! any chance a ny resident could.. you know.. just sneak in?

*guitar rift*

Comment by psychogaze (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 17:38

GET ON THE GROUND, DIRTBAG, OR I'LL PELT YOU WITH HEARTS AND RAINBOWS AND HAPPINESS! I SAID GET DOWN, DIRTBAG!

Please god tell me there

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 18:07

Please god tell me there will be a t-shirt.

Made my day.

5 angry mustache faces,

Comment by Aube (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 18:16

5 angry mustache faces, mwahahaha....
Anyway, its awesome. All of it.

Oh god, that's so adorable

Comment by Sary (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 19:14

Oh god, that's so adorable >w<

Top Marks

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 19:18

I see what you did there.

In atonement for

Comment by ??? (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 19:37

An asinine comment I made in an AG thread back when you were doing the body switch arc...

I must say, I like where this is going. Which is to say, going to AWESOME.

I think the pony needs a

Comment by hatchet (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 20:35

I think the pony needs a 'stache too.

I smell a sitcom!

Comment by Reynard (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 22:12

"One gritty, hard-boiled, hardass cop! One bright, sparkling, adorable pony! Thrown together to fight crime in The Big City! It's the all new Action-Comedy PONY COP!"

Awwwww yeah, been hoping to

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Tue, 02/15/2011 - 23:19

Awwwww yeah, been hoping to see this since you guys mentioned the Pony Rock collection! I'm looking forward to the sillyness!!

^________^

FINE JEEZ.

Comment by The Gleevee! (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 00:54

I can totally imagine Cop stating "I'm just so SAD" in a flat, Solid Snake voice - especially with that epic fricken 'stache glare going on. This comic made my day, and I really, REALLY, cannot wait for this arc to progress! :D

Hah! That's exactly the

Comment by Ananth Wed, 02/16/2011 - 11:02

Hah! That's exactly the voice I heard in my head when I wrote it.

Ah, what class are you guys

Comment by Borrie (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 01:01

Ah, what class are you guys gonna speaking be in? My friend is a 4th year in Cartooning there; I'm sure she'd be super pleased to see you again speaking in one of her classes.

I believe it was a Business

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/17/2011 - 10:35

I believe it was a Business of Comics class?

Oh god yes.

Comment by Ian Price (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 02:12

Pony cop is my favorite comic you've ever done.
I approve.
I approve so hard.

You know what. . .

Comment by TemplarKnight (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 03:03

You know, this reminds me a lot of Axe C-. . .touche, sir, touche.*

(*=pronounced Touch E, i can figure out how to type touché thank you very much)

Last panel made me laugh. :))

Comment by Not Verified (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 03:43

Last panel made me laugh. :))

"Top marks in every

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 03:58

"Top marks in every Field"....Hur hur hur :D

Crossover

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 04:24

Do you guys have any plan to do a crossover between PonyCop and AxeCop? because it will be Adorawesome.

"before we get comments..."

Comment by CWR (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 06:14

"Since putting Pony Cop out we've been told by a number of people that the cop reminds them of Axe Cop - it's actually how we discovered Axe Cop. Wanted to mention that before we get comments to that effect!"

Yeeeaahhh...lemme know how that whole 'disclaimer' thing works out for you...on the internet. *long, flat, hard John stare*

I <3 Pony Cop.

Comment by againstentropy (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 14:28

My husband alerted me about Axe Cop, but I am here to say that I love Pony Cop (and I have discriminating tastes). This is all!

I FOUND GARIES.

Comment by Kilimbo IS VERY EXCITED. (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 14:42

It's apparently an agricultural region in northern Africa or something .-. Don't know where the design came from. Maybe a meercat or something?

Also, me and a few friends are starting our own comic series and we got the site up. Just going to let you guys know that we put up a link to your site :D

:( too much cussing. 3 times

Comment by Morgan (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 14:55

:( too much cussing. 3 times in a row

I'm going to assume you're

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/17/2011 - 10:33

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic.

Wow

Comment by Melissa (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 16:07

You're going to be at my alma mater!...How come all the good stuff happened to SVA after I graduated??

Any chance you'll be at MoCCA this April? :)

We'll be there!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/17/2011 - 10:33

We'll be there!

Oh my god I'm going to love

Comment by Quinn O'Hara-Brantner (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 16:07

Oh my god I'm going to love this so much.

you have officially made a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 21:17

you have officially made a nihilist regain faith in humanity.

Holy Equestrian Interjective!

Comment by Android 21 3/7 (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 21:25

The pony talks?!

Ahhh! My friend was there

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 02/16/2011 - 22:30

Ahhh! My friend was there for the whole thing. It's like I now know someone internet famous by a degree of separation :P

Pretty Please?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 08:52

I just wanted to say I think this is going to make me laugh forever. Every time I look at this strip I laugh. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen it the last panel always makes me lose it.

Also just thought I would reiterate the hope that a Pony Cop™ shirt becomes available.

You know it's true.

Comment by Marrock (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 09:25

Axe Cop + Pony Cop = Epic Crossover Event!

H!aV vs AC

Comment by Pim Geurts (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 12:26

At first, I thought this was a Hark! A Vagrant / Axe Cop crossover tribute thingie... At least I'm pretty sure your Pony must be related to the Shetland Pony from H!aV by the looks of it, haha. http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=127

I agree! I was just going to

Comment by Anna (not verified) Wed, 04/06/2011 - 19:40

I agree! I was just going to comment on it! Every time Pony cop shows up, I think of the Shetland Pony

I agree! I was just going to

Comment by Anna (not verified) Wed, 04/06/2011 - 19:48

...Okay, this needs to be on a t-shirt.

Comment by Sary (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 12:53

It's still making me laugh. And the past two days have SUCKED, so making me laugh is something special.

So.. ON A T-SHIRT IT MUST GO.