Beverly Hills Pony

Beverly Hills Pony

Thu, 02/17/2011 - 14:52 by Ananth in response to ponycop 2

It's a good thing those two worked out their differences. With explosions. Which is how men have communicated with one another since time immemorial. Now that they've bonded, they can get on with their mission, which was ... what was it? Does it matter? Time to punch some crooks. With bullets.

I hope you guys are reading the alt text on these comics. Yuko worked really hard on them.

We spoke to Dan Nadel's class at SVA about career and webcomics last night! Thank you guys for being so receptive - some of the best questions we've gotten. If you're a teacher or professor who'd like to have us as guest speakers, please feel free to e-mail us

We'll be at Kitsunekon next week. Hopefully we'll see you there.

I've been enjoying Radiolab recently - specifically their episodes about Emergence and Detective Stories are both great. I've since gone back and started listening from the beginning of their archive.

Comments

Don't worry Yuko!

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 15:27

I'm actually very interested in the text styles :3 I like how you used the bubble lettering in the title and stuff :D

Also, I'm putting up that comic about John eating the expresso chocolate in the window at Starbucks.

Yessss

Comment by Jenn J (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 15:33

Ponycop rules! I wish I had crimes for them to solve.

I always read the alt text.

Comment by GeniiBean (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 15:43

I always read the alt text. It is like a hilarious gem that makes everything that much better. <3

PONNYYYCOOOOPP!

Comment by psychogaze (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 16:15

His bullets puts caps in evil's asses!
His neigh brings down the slimiest of sinners!
THEY FIGHT CRIME!
I also digs da badge.

Trigger discipline? PonyCop

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 17:47

Trigger discipline? PonyCop must be too tough for safety
I like it. Looking forward to more

Dude, this is awesome.

Comment by daitoshi (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 18:11

I read this series a while ago, and it was pretty fun. I think back then, it ended right after 'they lived happily ever after' with the basilisk and the blind girl.
Adorable.

I love this series, no joke.
I really want to make my on little thing like this, but I know that wont happen (no motivation. ^_^; )

Ponycop is amazing. They should have an arch-rival... something like a centaur who was once a ponycop, but some evil guys brainwashed him and spliced the two of them together.
And now he is out for revenge?
But why would he be angry at Ponycop?
o_o I dont know.

I want your cats. Rook especially. (CMYK ftw~!)

Pony-Copy ;)

Comment by Black2key (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 18:23

Awww I've been loving this page since you posted it half a year ago~ http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/168
:D
Continue to be so awesome!

Yours
Black2key

I think the Pony's name

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 18:36

I think the Pony's name should be Axel Foaly

Also :

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 18:40

I never knew there was

Comment by Exxos (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 18:50

I never knew there was alt-text – it takes about 15 seconds for it to pop up. :( Now I have to go back and read them all from the beginning.

I was not aware of these

Comment by Katherine (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 18:53

I was not aware of these alternate texts! I just went back and read them all. ALL OF THEM. D8< (worth it.)
XDDD <3

Radiolab

Comment by Tristan (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 19:51

I love Radiolab. It's one of my favorite things to listen to while drawing.

No, srsly.

Comment by Sary (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 19:54

T-shirt! I want one! D: >

There's Alt-text? Fuck, now

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 20:10

There's Alt-text? Fuck, now I have to go back and read ALL THE ALT-TEXTS.

Movie references

Comment by Worst (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 20:29

So you guys are saying in your alt text that the pony is secretly a grizzled veteran cop who is also an ex-CIA operative and has the capability to dodge bullets and fly. Best movie puns ever.

Alt text received, loud and clear.

Comment by Eliza A (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 21:43

Ahhh.... so much win, so little time.

But...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 22:23

Isn't the pony ALSO a cop? Thas RACIST.

I knew it!

Comment by This Guy (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 22:52

I knew i had seen this before!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 23:41

Man, I was expecting one of

Comment by Quillotine (not verified) Thu, 02/17/2011 - 23:42

Man, I was expecting one of those taglines to be 'Pony Up'.

This made me laugh so hard.

Comment by Not Verified (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 00:48

This made me laugh so hard. :))

Rejected alt-texts

Comment by pandiculator (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 01:27

Die Pony. Ponies on a Plane. The Exponyables. Pony Out. Pony&Cash. Pony Hour. Pony-lition Man. RoboPony. Lethal Pony.
Dirty Pony?

Or, something like that. Can't wait for the rest of 'em!

Oh!

Comment by Pandiculator (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 01:28

Who could forget that British classic, Pony Fuzz?

I just realized.

Comment by The Gleevee! (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 02:39

This has the potential to be a grade-A video game. (You know, one of those non canon ones.) Especially since everyone's getting back into the arcade platformer style of things!

Only this would be leagues more badass.

pony2thegrave

Comment by Hatepig (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 02:59

Haha. Ponycop is gonna be hilariously awesome. I second the videogame idea too.

I would so watch that movie

Comment by Fredthethird (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 03:11

This looks like it could be an awesome movie, or a pretty epic tv show

Radiolab

Comment by ACen Guy Ping (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 08:31

The Radiolab War of the Worlds episode and the Quantum Cello short are pretty amazing, also Pony Cop is also amazing :D

Alt text?

Comment by Wilk (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 09:18

I have no idea what you're talking about with this alt text. You mention it and then.. don't say how to go about reading it.

Alt text!

Comment by C'mon (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 10:52

The alt text is the text which appears under your cursor when you hover over an image. It is also called the hover. If hovering over the image doesn't work, you can find it in the HTML in the img tag under the title attribute.

Ax Cop

Comment by Gojoe (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 15:42

This reminds me so much of Ax Cop. Hehe...Pony cop.

Isn't this technically just

Comment by Clock-workable (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 16:48

Isn't this technically just a re-post of an old comic?

...Pony creeps me

Comment by MAiu (not verified) Fri, 02/18/2011 - 21:31

...Pony creeps me out....;__;

*flees*

All I can think of when I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 02/19/2011 - 11:42

All I can think of when I see the comic is the Pillow Pets jingle. In my head, all of the text is going to that music.

It's a pony~
It's a cop~
It's a pony cop~

this is the best ever

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 02/20/2011 - 07:12

this is the best ever

Am I the only one who sees

Comment by Andymous (not verified) Sun, 02/20/2011 - 08:02

Am I the only one who sees "popo" on the officer's badge?

I hope not.

Singing

Comment by Kathryn (not verified) Sun, 02/20/2011 - 09:55

I know that this should be read in a totally serious "I'm the kind of man who eats dynamites for breakfast because I'm so macho" kind of voice, but....

I just can't help but sing this like it's a little children cartoon.

Make some scripts

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 02/20/2011 - 21:08

This deserves to be some kind of movie. Or at least a TV Cop Drama.

Cross Over

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/21/2011 - 05:51

Are there talks for a Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog cross over? I would like to see the fight between Bad Horse and Pony.

radiolab

Comment by Your Reader (not verified) Tue, 02/22/2011 - 00:56

Watch the radiolab about language! Because your reader's mother is interviewed at the beginning of it. :P

Background? :)

Comment by Kat (not verified) Tue, 02/22/2011 - 10:43

Could you guys make the last panel in computer background size (maybe without the "together they are")? It's kind of one of my favorite images...ever.

Beauty

Comment by SoulReaperNeko (not verified) Wed, 02/22/2012 - 18:01

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in the history of beautiful things.