Leave it to the professionals

It's important to use every part of the bacon. I think this candle was actually the prototype for a later one? John, Conrad? Confirm or deny ... !

We're putting some of Yuko's original paintings up in the store - all proceeds will go to Global Giving's Japan Relief Fund. Here are the paintings:

Speaking of paintings, my brother clued me in on the art of P.H. Gandhi - this stuff is gorgeous:

I especially like Black Swan and White Lion. Take a look at her work over on Etsy!

Store update: Cat charms will be coming back! And big news regarding prints - we'll be able to offer a much wider variety! If there are any JW color pinups that you'd like as prints, feel free to leave a comment below -- I recall there were a lot of people who were interested in this one

That's all for now! See you in a few!

Comments

BACON SCENTED CANDLES?

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 14:26

I'll take ten.

Bacon-scented Bacon scent

Comment by Skie (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 14:41

It is my believe that bacon scented bacon candles that release an aromatic bacon scent while you consume your bacon between two slices of bacon may just be the most mouthwatering bacon event in the bacon history of man.

woah now

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 14:51

You should be more careful Skie. Any more bacon in that comment and you would have hit some kind of delicious bacon singularity.

Also, we definitely need to see pictures of that bacon candle, as well as pictures of any other candles made as a result.

STOP MAKING ME REGRET

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 15:08

STOP MAKING ME REGRET VEGETARIANISM!!! I would like to admit something to the group, I miss bacon. The smell, crunch, that way it sizzled in the pan and oh lawd the smokey savory flavor just meandering it's way across my taste-buds.

Pfft

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 03:19

I have to admit, in my own vegetarianism, bacon probably ranks among one of the things I miss the least. For whatever reason I just didn't care much about it (not that I disliked it, more it was just 'meh').

People still give me weird looks when I say this.

ಠ_ಠ

Comment by ಠ_ಠ (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 09:30

ಠ_ಠ

Agreed

Comment by quite (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 14:53

^ditto

i'm not even a vegetarian

Comment by dawnya (not verified) Thu, 03/17/2011 - 00:34

i'm not even a vegetarian and i /hate/ bacon. i can eat it once in a blue moon (same goes for bananas).
i have no idea how people can eat it so constantly. it's so gross, imho... T:

Bacon Sales Would Rise

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 19:36

The scent of bacon would make you want bacon. This would cause bacon people to receive more profit.

I wonder if we could make a freshly-baked cake scented candle?

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 13:20

Yes you could, with sufficient internet research and a chef license.

"Bacon People"

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 03/17/2011 - 20:36

This term causes me a certain amount of discomfort.

Uh oh.

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 15:49

John is smiling. The world is about to end (either that or not even he could frown at Bacon)

Wouldn't a bacon candle

Comment by Frank (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 16:12

Wouldn't a bacon candle really just be a grease fire bomb?

A DELICIOUS grease firebomb!

Comment by Statler (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 16:31

A DELICIOUS grease firebomb!

*taps nose*

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 18:20

No doubt the reason why Yuko was not to find out.

BUT THEN SHE FOUND OUT >:I

I didn't know you could do that..

Comment by ColdFusion (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 18:39

I know there's some relationship between fat and.. soap.. but.. wax? does it SMELL like bacon?

Oh man, a cuuute nué. nobody ever draws those!

:o

Comment by Sary (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 20:23

You guys might want to get pictures of that up, or my bestie and I will have to try it.. she's a bacon fiend! My favorite past time is searching for adorable bacon-themed presents for her. My favorite so far? Bacon-flavored toothpicks.

Yay Conrad appears! I was

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 20:29

Yay Conrad appears! I was worried he moved out and away. Did John move back in?

Well, presumably, since the

Comment by Matt (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 08:01

Well, presumably, since the story takes place at Spacklehaus, it's all a flashback.

Yeah...

Comment by Steve (not verified) Tue, 03/22/2011 - 00:32

Conrad moved out a long time ago (August) and John took his place.

omg

Comment by Sven (not verified) Tue, 03/15/2011 - 22:09

... bacon grease candle.

Guys, what is this I don't even. I don't know whether to laugh at how ludicrous Conrad and John are or gape in AWE at their brilliant idea.

This is the greatest idea.

Comment by Concrete (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 04:11

This is the greatest idea.

Brilliant.

Comment by Anthony (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 04:31

Next time I make bacon, this is happening.

What he said!

Comment by Hyle (not verified) Fri, 03/18/2011 - 00:07

Maybe it's being from the South, but I am not understanding the confusion of what to do with bacon grease. It is bacon essence to impart on other dishes! It is not for candles or to pour on sidewalks! Use the grease. The grease is good!

oh my

Comment by MuonParticle (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 14:57

That kid is insane! He runs 5Ks, swims, keeps a 4.0 while managing a business and presumably he is only 13.

Beats my teens but I hope he is at least enjoying himself sometimes...
I would definitely buy the bacon candle, for some reason my family does not eat it that much at all, we have had bacon once in 6 months.
Maybe with this candle I can stop eating bacon forever! \o/

That's adorable.

Comment by Red (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 10:53

Comics with John are always so great~

This reminds me of when my mom was making bacon and drained al the fat into a coffee mug, then mistook the fat-mug for her coffee-mug. She says it was disgusting.

I really enjoy it when John

Comment by Erin (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 11:37

I really enjoy it when John makes an appearence in the comic. In an "I all love you equally because you're my children" kind of way, he's my favorite.

prints!

Comment by kane.zach (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 13:47

I would just like to say I'd decidedly buy prints; of the one mentioned and more most likely!

Love the look on John's

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 03/16/2011 - 14:12

Love the look on John's face. Total unabashed man-glee.

okay related to prints

Comment by dawnya (not verified) Thu, 03/17/2011 - 00:39

uhhh idk if you ever did, but was the remade version WHAT ARE YOU DOING ever made into a print?? not to say i don't like the second half of the "series", it's just if i bought a print it would go on my wall and i'm not a big fan of multi-panel things on my wall... uh;;

ANYWAY if they were already prints then NEVER MIND and i would love to see any prints ya'll make available. (:

Panel 4

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 03/17/2011 - 23:10

I like the conspiratorial air in the fourth panel.

Craigslist Austin

Comment by Craigslist Austin (not verified) Fri, 10/21/2011 - 02:03

these pictures are so good.i like to read informative blogs and this blog is also so good and helpful.thanks for taking time to discus this topic..

This does actually work

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Sun, 12/23/2012 - 08:55

This does actually work pretty well if the grease is in a can or glass jar. Regulate the air flow by partly covering the opening with some foil otherwise the flame tends to go nuts and produce a lot of soot. Also straining the grease helps.