A quick one!

A quick one!

Thu, 03/24/2011 - 14:50 by Ananth in response to maid of honor

It's that time! We're heading down to NJ this weekend to participate in Yuko's best friend's wedding! Which is why I'm going to keep this pretty short --

Next month we'll be at MoCCA and Kids' Comicon! More on both in the upcoming weeks.

As I mentioned last time, the What Are You Doing, Why Are You Doing It print is now available, alongside What Are You, Nothing Perhaps.

And now we've got to go! It is crazy hectic here!

Comments

Proud Ananth

Comment by Kacy (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 15:03

I think my favorite part of this comic is the happy Ananth in the background. Reminds me of the old skirt comic.

Awww

Comment by MarikTbone (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 15:13

Haha, I can't get over how cute Yuko looks! I can empathize on the horrors of bridesmaid's dresses though; the dresses definitely are not suited to a...curvy figure such as my own.

How did you draw

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 15:46

how did you draw ananth smiling? That must have taken forever! No reference models! ;) jk

Smilies... with his eyes

Comment by Chris (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 16:31

I bet Ananth smilies with his eyes, hence why you rarely get to see him smile ;)

Pics or it didn't

Comment by Kevina (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 17:35

Pics or it didn't happen!

But really, though, you should get photos of her in the dress!

D'aww~

Comment by Sven (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 18:29

Hope you guys have a safe trip to the wedding! (And I want to see photos of Yuko in a dress, but only if she doesn't mind XD)

Yay weddings. Safe travels

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 18:31

Yay weddings. Safe travels and what have you. I probably already know the answer because of the comic but Ananth keeps the hat on even in a suit? or does he have a special suit hat?

Yuko can make a sack look cute

Comment by Opus the Poet (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 20:38

Not that that dress is anything like a sack. From the looks it seems designed to de-emphasise the "endowments" of busty women, which of course makes less busty women look pretty good. It also keeps the bridesmaids from upstaging the bride...

I think my favorite part is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 22:42

I think my favorite part is that Ananth still has his hat on.

OMG! Pics?!

Comment by Mistress Pyro (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 23:03

Come onnnn take pics! We want to see Yuko in a dress!!!

Pics pics pics

Comment by Tabi (not verified) Thu, 03/24/2011 - 23:41

I'm 4thing/5thing/whatevering the vote for pics

Does it look good on you?

Comment by Android 21 3/7 (not verified) Fri, 03/25/2011 - 00:02

My sister has been a bridesmaid to a lot of weddings and she always complains that her bridesmaid dresses made her look terrible. But then again, bridesmaids should never really outshine the bride anyhow.

:D

Comment by Shizuka (not verified) Fri, 03/25/2011 - 03:51

i lol'd, cause i was the same way when i first wore a dress XD but yesssss screenshot or it didn't happen!

Mad lulz

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 03/25/2011 - 08:13

heh MADE OF HORROR heh

Pics or it didn't happen!

Comment by fingoforever (not verified) Fri, 03/25/2011 - 08:16

Pics or it didn't happen! :)
Come on!

Yuko, you have my sympathy.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 03/25/2011 - 19:28

Yuko, you have my sympathy. :C

I've been a bridesmaid

Comment by TheEFAF (not verified) Fri, 03/25/2011 - 19:48

I've been a bridesmaid before. It's usually always awful, especially when you have to wear a predetermined dress. It never fits right. It always looks terrible. It is never capable of being reused because it's so cruddy and obviously bridesmaid-y.

The bride will ALWAYS be the center of attention. There's no reason to give others bad looking outfits to make yourself feel better. I don't believe most brides do that (at least consciously anyway) but that they just have....terrible taste, to be honest. And one dress design will almost never look good on multiple body types, but they either never realize this or just ignore it so everyone can wear the same thing.

My solution for all of this was to tell the ladies involved that they could wear whatever they wanted as long as it was tasteful and not colorless. Ta-da, instant happy wedding.

I always found that

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Sat, 03/26/2011 - 01:15

I always found that bridesmaid tends to have the silliest-looking dresses comparing to what the brides wear.

Aww

Comment by Sary (not verified) Sat, 03/26/2011 - 02:21

We so wanna see the bridesmaid dress! <3 My best friend is engaged too 8D

Ananth kinda looks like...

Comment by Marcos (not verified) Sat, 03/26/2011 - 02:39

The Nostalgia critic, I can imagine the tie being red with the open suit top

I actually just got married

Comment by Katzilla (not verified) Sat, 03/26/2011 - 06:33

I actually just got married last summer, and I told all four of my bridesmaids that I didn't care what kind of dress they wore, as long as it was green. The end result was that everyone looked fabulous since they were wearing a dress made for their shapes. I had one tall-plus-sized, a shorter plus-sized, a near-plus-sized and one tall-curvy one, there was no way I'd find a dress that looked great on all of them.

SO TO ALL FUTURE BRIDES: Please do this, everyone will be happy. Half of the dresses were hand-made and one was actually a dress from a previous wedding they were in. It's a great cost saver and looks great!

And have fun Yuko >3< I'm sure you're adorable!!

xD This is adorable. ♥

Comment by Sybil (not verified) Sun, 03/27/2011 - 15:07

xD This is adorable. ♥

I just realized!

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Sun, 03/27/2011 - 17:34

You should've worn a "medal of honor" to match with the dress you wear as the maid of honor!

Pictures!

Comment by Amy (not verified) Mon, 03/28/2011 - 03:30

Unless there are pictures, it didn't happen. We demand pictures!
I was a bridesmaid once. Horrible. No practice run, no nothing. Plus the dresses were hand-made by the grooms' mom and about two sizes to big. Luckily I had enough time after receiving the dress and the wedding to fix the neckline a bit.

Not the worst part

Comment by Worst (not verified) Mon, 03/28/2011 - 10:05

Well don't feel too bad about the dress, because that is not the worst part. Don't forget that you will have to stand for a hour or longer and stay awake while the preacher, bride, and groom recite their scripture and vows. And at least you didn't have to be the only musician at a wedding. Anxiety over possible failure and insomnia do not make for good bedfellows

Awww, omg! Yuko ; ; I'll see

Comment by Jisuk (not verified) Mon, 03/28/2011 - 11:05

Awww, omg! Yuko ; ;

I'll see you rad kids at MoCCA!

Cute!

Comment by AlmostLiterally (not verified) Mon, 03/28/2011 - 13:58

You know, for someone who hates dresses, Yuko seems to have perfected the sweet-sixteenth-birthday-girl-pouty-stance in the second panel there, with the outstretched arms and clenched fists. ;D

Imagine me. I'm as weird

Comment by Nattie (not verified) Mon, 03/28/2011 - 15:12

Imagine me. I'm as weird with skirts and dresses and... Pretty much anything girly, so when I got married, it was so bizarre. I felt purty and all, but i was like 'aaaaa my ovaries are showing D:!'.

That, and being the center of attention was a trip for both my mister and myself.

WE BETTER BE SEEING SOME

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 03/28/2011 - 17:59

WE BETTER BE SEEING SOME PICTURES OF YUKO IN THAT DRESS ;D

Thumbs up for slurpies

Comment by Coffeepillow (not verified) Mon, 03/28/2011 - 19:02

I just like how in the long history of weddings men are only expected to suit up in a slightly lesser degree than the groom, but women have to endure the horrible indignities of a bad bridesmaid dress.

Either way, I love that you referenced one of your own classic comics!

I'm impressed. You're truly

Comment by modular home manufacturers (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 01:20

I'm impressed. You're truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. I'm saving this for future use.

I like the valuable

Comment by cafeteria tables (not verified) Wed, 06/08/2011 - 04:27

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your we blog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!