Ask John Advice Column

Ask John Advice Column

Tue, 03/29/2011 - 14:18 by Ananth in response to don't get any ideas, mom

Congrats Megan and Dane! You guys had a beautiful wedding. Yuko looked very nice in her bridesmaid dress and I didn't look too shabby in my suit, either. To answer some of the questions from Thursday: no, I didn't wear the baseball cap! Would've been rude.

We're back at our desks! I'm chipping away at a new long-form script and Yuko is back to penciling. We recently got in some copies of Yo Gabba Gabba Comic Book Time #1, which I talked about the other day. Yuko has 6 pages that appear here and there over the course of the book. It's bright and colorful and fun! Also big and in hardcover - a nice, hefty size. Check it out, especially if you've got a little brother or sister or cousin that you want to get into comics early.

A while ago I asked if you guys were interested in an Ask John advice column - I just set up a Formspring. It's going to be run as an advice column, so phrase your questions accordingly. John is away on a trip this week so at the latest he'll take a look when he gets back. Have fun!

We'll see you Thursday!

Comments

nooooo, at this crucial

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 14:45

nooooo, at this crucial moment I can't think of any advice I'd need.

a guy?

Comment by Heidi (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 14:59

There's a guy in the crowd! Why would he want to catch the bouquet? Didn't they do a garter toss?

Some of the folks in the

Comment by Ananth Tue, 03/29/2011 - 15:31

Some of the folks in the bridal party were dudes!

More then that

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 23:53

But he was right up in the front waiting for it

Some men are brides. Think

eeeeeeeeee

Comment by Anonymoose (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 16:20

eeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeee

Comment by Maazht Mel'faziiz (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 16:50

eeeeeeeeee
SOMEONE'S GETTING MARRIED SOON!

eeeeeeeeee

Comment by Sven (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 19:34

eeeeeeeeee
... I feel like Pony from Pony Cop

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment by Lightlybow (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 15:02

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa AM I

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 22:15

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
AM I DOING IT RIGHT GUYS?

eeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 08:54

eeee!

eee ee e

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 12:54

eeeeeeeeee

Two Questions

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 15:37

1: Can we have a Sketch of Ananth at the wedding?

2: I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time. The comic provides a good excuse and I feel silly not asking sooner. Yuko, would y*explosion* WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE! NO! NOT THE WHEEL! STAY BACK! HELP!!!!!

*Carries first aid kit*

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 17:57

Dude, I told you not to say that words, now I have to stitch you back, where is your right leg? oh there it is...

*reach for leg stuck on the fan*

*stitch stitch stitch*

Where is that spleen? whoops, I think I sat on it *giggling*

*stitch stitch stitch*

This reminds me of my mom keep bugging me to get a girl soon

*stitch stitch stitch*

I mean really,she want another grandchildren? I think your spine should be like this *crick*

*stitch stitch stitch*

I believe I will find one eventually

*stitch stitch stitch*

Liver goes here...

*stitch stitch stitch*

Yeah, I will find one eventually, I hope...

*stitch stitch stitch*

Aaaaaand all done, btw I take one of your kidney, for the payment *grin*

*run away*

Wait...

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 11:27

Where did this tail come from?

Meanwhile, at an another dimension...

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 16:30

*stitch stitch stitch*

Really Gilda, as a Griffon you should have known better not to fly straight into an incoming plane and get sucked into one of its engine, there's lots of government red tapes I got to do just to clear your body parts from NSA office you know, and I...

Gilda: Just shut up and stitch me back up will ya!

Sorry about that, where is that tail... *search search search*

Uh oh *cold sweat*

Gilda: What are you doing? just finish the stitching, I need to fly again!

Uh... wait a sec, just a little more!

*frantically looking for something*

*found a S&M whip* welp, this should do

*stitch stitch stitch*

Ok, all done, you know what, this one's free of charge, now I got to go, like, right now, so... BYE!

*run away*

Charms?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 15:40

Hey guys, I was wondering if you were going to get more Cat-mera charms, they were awesome, and I'm gutted I missed out on a chance to buy them....

Yeah D:

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 13:31

I wanted some for my birthday but they sold out ;_;

whoa back up here you

Comment by william (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 16:08

whoa back up here you were,nt wearing your hat i can only say pic's or it didnt happen, i want to see some proof here :P oh do you and yuko have day jobs as well as doing comics, not to be rube but i didnt thinking making would pay for itself also will we see more of george ? i miss him and his smiles :D

You now have 6 months to

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 19:06

You now have 6 months to propose to Yuko or her dreams from catching that little bouquet from the floor will be shattered!

It would be great to see

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 19:46

It would be great to see actual pics of you guys from the wedding, if possible! :)

...Thats...pretty much

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 19:47

...Thats...pretty much exactly how I caught my friend's boquet at her wedding, too...

Something I couldn't help but notice...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/29/2011 - 20:09

Looking at the FormSpring for John's advice column, I saw two tabs. One was the default Responses tab, where he's answered questions. The other one was titled "Smiled At...".

I clicked on it and got the following message:

JohnAdvice hasn't smiled at anything yet.

Well there's a big surprise.

Did you wear a MORE AWESOME hat?

Comment by ??? (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 00:01

Like, say, a bowler? A top hat? Perhaps (dare I say it) a WIZARD HAT?

Perhaps one of those

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 12:59

Perhaps one of those extravagantly colored hats made out of balloon animals?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 01:46

No, seriously, that's pretty adorable. But I don't think picking it up from the floor has to count unless you want it to. ;)

I C WAT U DID THAR

Comment by Burning Man (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 04:49

Somebody, point out the obvious! Quickly!

.....

Okay, I'll go for it.

YUKO WANTS TA GET MARRIED!!

Ananth, Yuko wants to get

Comment by Spicy (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 08:26

Ananth, Yuko wants to get hitched. Probably with you.

Also no pictures of Yuko in the bridesmaid dress? I am disappoint.

This is exactly what

Comment by Aikachi (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 09:32

This is exactly what happened at my sister's wedding XD it's bad enough that I was the one to pick it up, she told me I'd better catch it or else, so to make sure that the effect stuck, she proceeded to bludgeon me over the head with the bouquet. Just to be safe.

AskJohn

Comment by Emily (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 10:05

Will there be a Twitter feed or something to follow John's advice column? I'm going to forget to go look at the Formspring after maybe one more time. And I need more John Advice in my life, obviously.

Eeeee

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 12:58

Forget your mother. Ananth, go find a ring.

SECONDED.

Comment by Lightlybow (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 15:05

I concur. SO HARD.

I was expecting a different punchline

Comment by Android 21 3/7 (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 16:05

But I guess the "all the ladies running away from the thrown bouquet" has been done before.

That is very odd. I would

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 18:04

That is very odd. I would have suspected all the ladies to dive for it like every other time I've seen a bouquet toss...

Yuko's the only one that wanted it? ;D

... is that George with a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 03/30/2011 - 21:02

... is that George with a beard on taking the photograph?

JohnAdvice

Comment by Cathy (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 01:23

That's one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. I think the comics with John in them are hilarious, and I gave my boyfriend a John-entine. ^_^ Reading it was pretty much the most sarcastic, mildly ornery 15 minutes of my day. Thanks.

ICON

Comment by wolfboynyc (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 12:11

Are you guys going to the ICON convention at stony brook university on long island?

Oh Ananth...

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 12:55

Dooooooom!

Oh man. That same thing

Comment by Briget (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 13:31

Oh man. That same thing happened to me at my friend's wedding. I was her maid of honor and no one actually caught the bouquet (because she threw it from a balcony and it was actually really heavy and it fell a long way), and I picked it up because I figured I had to and everyone squealed at me.

Something similar happened

Comment by coffeeatteatime (not verified) Thu, 03/31/2011 - 14:46

Something similar happened to me at the wedding I went to in January. I got the bouquet and my boyfriend's mother spent the rest of the night screeching "Ten more years!" at me.

I guess bouquets are out of style

Comment by Jojo (not verified) Tue, 04/05/2011 - 17:40

This sort of happened to me, too. I was at a small wedding and me and another girl I know were the only over-20 non-married ladies there, so when it came time for the bouquet toss both of us were like

YOU CATCH IT
NO YOU CATCH IT
I DON'T WANT IT YOU CATCH IT

and then it smacked someone on the head.

So they did it again, I realized I didn't want the day to suck for the bride, so I just caught it.

And then my siblings and parents and friends were like "OOOOOOOOH" at me the entire day. sigh

Ironic

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 05/04/2011 - 15:24

the first person to catch the bouquet is suposed to get married next XP lol this is kinda funny

Did they do the other part

Comment by shymagical (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 02:54

Did they do the other part of the tradition? Where the guy who catches the garter puts it on the gal who caught the bouquet?

Wait, you didn't wear you

Comment by Kiriain (not verified) Sat, 09/24/2011 - 20:20

Wait, you didn't wear you cap, Ananth? I thought you shot laser beams out of your eyes and it could only be controlled by a hat. Aw...

prada online outlet

Comment by Botcrunc (not verified) Wed, 03/13/2013 - 11:00

click to view prada online shop wNAIOoFx [URL=http://www.replicapradaoutlet.tumblr.com/ - prada online shop[/URL - suprisely nEUSQJwl http://www.replicapradaoutlet.tumblr.com/

Oakley Speechless Womens Sunglasses

Comment by Oakley Speechless Womens Sunglasses (not verified) Sun, 06/30/2013 - 09:52

Children just 17 some time ancient are required for more information regarding hold an all in one passport too many individuals foreign travel. replica oakley sunglasses Children less than 14 are required to learn more about have consent having to do with either both parents' or otherwise guardians' to apply and for a passport.