MoCCA! We'll see you there!

MoCCA! We'll see you there!

Fri, 04/08/2011 - 00:01 by Ananth in response to callie eats feathers

Hey guys! Things are crazy around here, here's a pin-up of the Dark Horse short Callie Eats Feathers that we did last February. It was collected in Dark Horse Presents Vol. 5. Beginning Tuesday we'll be offering signed copies in the store packaged up with a giclée print of today's pinup.

MoCCA is this weekend! Come say hello, we'll have a huge 13x19" print of this pinup. The new CMYcat tees and totes and JW:V1 books and more prints will also be available! And we might be dressed up on Saturday. ;) Come say hi! You can find us here:

See you there!

Comments

ARGH! Wish I could attend

Comment by Max (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 00:06

ARGH! Wish I could attend MoCCA! Also, the pinup looks awesome!

Johnny Wander | Updates Tuesday and Thursday

Comment by Joni (not verified) Fri, 03/22/2013 - 17:47

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.

The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to
let you know. The style and design look great though!
Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Thanks

D: I wish I could make it.

Comment by bendomolena (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 00:08

D: I wish I could make it. Have fun :)

RAAAAAAAAGE

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 00:17

I NEVER GET TO GO ANYWHERE THAT COOL STUFF (read you) IS HAPPENING

That pin up is AMAZING. Yuko

Comment by Aube (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 00:18

That pin up is AMAZING. Yuko has out done herself 100% Have fun at MoCCA, wish I could be there. The West blows in regards to conventions.

Reminds me of Howls Moving

Comment by Intrepid (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 03:10

Reminds me of Howls Moving Castle :)

lol

Comment by Nessa (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 13:47

yeah exactly what I was thinking too. XD

Love it.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 05:24

I second the Howl's Moving Castle comment.
But then I've always thought that Yuko's work has a little Miyazaki style. :)

Woah what

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 06:25

Man, normally I'm a little disappointed when there's a pin up and no comic, but man, this one is absolutely incredible. Stunning work, Yuko.

I love your little animated

Comment by Ersyth (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 08:33

I love your little animated thingies. Very awesome pin-up. Have fun at place!

I wonder...

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 10:14

How is the boy who want to follow Callie and start eating feathers too? is he succeeded? or he simply turned into a lunatic who eat crow's feathers?

eeeeee

Comment by gale (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 10:42

Aah, that is so gorgeous and eyecatching! I love the extra energy that the swirling feathers and yellow speedlines bring in.

Have a super time at MoCCA!!

The pin-up is absolutely

Comment by ZoomZoomMandy (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 11:22

The pin-up is absolutely stunning. Love how it spirals into focus, and it's so vibrant.

a random anecdote

Comment by faor (not verified) Sat, 04/09/2011 - 19:30

Yo Gabba Gabba came up in conversation between my family tonight. My older brother mentioned the comic and how amazing the art style was, and that he was seriously considering buying it even though he's not too familiar with the show. I immediately showed him the site and he said Yuko's art is gorgeous.

(...I realize now that this random anecdote is extremely anticlimactic, but I just wanted to break my anonymity to say that people really appreciate your work, Yuko!)

Gorgeous pin-up, but then

Comment by mundaati (not verified) Sat, 04/09/2011 - 21:34

Gorgeous pin-up, but then again Callie Eats Feathers entranced me when I read it so I'm more than a little biased in that area. ♥

Saturday's MoCCA was my first comic convention.

Comment by tsarstepan (not verified) Sat, 04/09/2011 - 22:41

Loved attending my first convention today. Just walking around and being overwhelmed by the plethora of artists tables.

Will be attending Sunday's episode as well. Really want to see the MoCCA Mini-Animation Festival.

!

Comment by Jade Carver (not verified) Sun, 04/10/2011 - 05:30

I'm starting to think I may need to collect all of the MySpace Dark Horse Presents volumes. There are some really amazing stories in there.

awwwwww yeaaaaaah

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Mon, 04/11/2011 - 15:17

Yo dem feet and hands are mad sexy.

Aaah!

Comment by Amy (not verified) Mon, 04/11/2011 - 16:19

I finally reached the end of the archive, oh man, that took about two days, and it was BRILLIANT. You guys are so un believably funny. I think my favourite comic was the one with all the ANTS. Hee hee hee they were everywhere. Thanks for the comic guys, keep it up! You're a great source of inspiration to a young illustration student : )

Amazing post i like the way

Comment by Web Design Philadelphia (not verified) Thu, 05/05/2011 - 02:32

Amazing post i like the way you have presented it. thanks for sharing it.