I don't even

I don't even

Thu, 04/21/2011 - 16:58 by Ananth in response to thanks, nihilism dad

Yuko's post-bargle phonecall home!

Just wanted to say, thank you everyone who chimed in or e-mailed us about Tuesday's comic! Admittedly I was a little concerned (probably moreso than Yuko), so it was reassuring to know that there are other people who know what this is all about. And if it was your first time learning about it, I hope it helped! If you sift through the comments there were a few that linked to further reading. You guys & gals are great.

We're working our way through the latest orders, about half of them have been delivered to the post office. Keep an eye out for confirmation e-mails. And I mentioned it Tuesday, but we've reordered CMYcat and Hokusai tees - they should be up in the store in a few weeks.

I think that's all we've got today, honestly. Have a good weekend, we'll catch you next week!

Comments

What?

Comment by Wrex (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 17:40

Wait What does that even mean?

Sorry Yuko

Comment by whatahootowl (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 18:46

I feel for you. My dad is the same way...just less positive.

Does Yuko speak to her dad

Comment by Ruzzy (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 19:31

Does Yuko speak to her dad in English?

I wonder!

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 13:43

I wonder that, too.

Regardless, extra pumped for Yuko's dad's glorious return. Dude is so awesome.

Weeelll..

Comment by ThunderGodNick (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 14:43

If you would recall, there was a comic that displayed Yukos...um...Talents of Japanese Speaking.

That is, equal to someone falling down the stairs trying to talk.

Don't die Yuko!

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 19:34

I don't want JW to end. Plus I need to meet you at a con some day.

Spoiler alert.

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 19:58

I feel like someday we're all going to find out that Yuko's dad is secretly Batman or something.

Yeah.

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 21:18

I really want to see a picture of Yuko's dad, then a drawn rendition of him.

Also, if you only read the second panel, it looks like she's talking to John, doesn't it?

John IS Yuko's dad. That's

Comment by Awesome Music Videos (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 14:11

John IS Yuko's dad. That's the twist.

no, but he IS good at making

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 15:48

no, but he IS good at making sukiyaki. mmm....

Hmm..

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Sun, 04/24/2011 - 20:13

BUT, if Batman is Yuko's dad, then Yuko's mother must secretly be IceWoman. Therefore, they have a son named ICEBAT.

That explains Yuko's "plush" animal bat >_>

OMG D:

Comment by Ellizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 20:31

I didn't see Tuesday's comic and so didn't have the chance to wish Yuko well. Glad she's feeling better today!

Dying?

Comment by Worst (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 22:54

Though I can see where Yuko's dad is going with his response, but I find his view of people dying sooner because of lack luster genes somewhat dull. If I am going to die soon, it will be spectacular and include lots of explosions and wilderbeasts

Anyone else?

Comment by Peabody (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 23:32

Whenever I read the speech bubbles from Yuko's phone, I feel like the person on the other end is yelling. Is it just that Yuko's dad talks loudly on the phone? Some people do. *shrug* Anyway, it makes me smile.

That or...

Comment by ThunderGodNick (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 14:46

His voice is super abrasive, blunt (not the wording), and really pronounced with a dash of robot.

At least, thats what I get from his speech bubbles.

Hmm..

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Sat, 04/23/2011 - 02:36

I'm going to make a recording of myself saying every line of Yuko's dad's voice as I hear it, and post it here.

Heh

Comment by ThunderGodNick (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 13:42

That will be hilarious. XD

Great Upbringing

Comment by Gin (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 02:40

I have just read through all of your comics and just couldn't stop to because it was that great! (it was till 3am and at 4am I would have to go to work haha xD)
Anyways, you guys are doing a really great job and I wish the lot of you good luck and health and the usual cliché-things!

Also, I think Yuko's Dad is great and is already one of my favourite 'characters'. Without ever being shown on screen! Wooha!

I curse my

Comment by Silver C. (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 03:37

I curse my genes..somehow.

All my cousins on my dad's side (pure pinoy) could drink, even my younger cousins in highschool have a better tolerance than I do. >_< It's not fair!

Though I fear if I gave the same exact complaint to my mom, she'd just say something along the lines of Yuko's dad or something far more embarrassing.

Dying early, hoorayyy

Comment by fraoch (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 03:38

I get shortness and bad teeth. Thanks mom and dad.

Nihilism

Comment by Jim (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 03:56

This is what I always say to my friends and acquaintances.

Hurray nihilism! XD

Seeing things from a different perspective

Comment by Big John (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 05:59

After cancer treatment of the last three years, I totally understand Yuko's dad. Once you stop thinking of death as something to be feared, you just kinda view day-to-day life as pointless and want it to get the hell over with. Most of the time it's too aggrivating to be worth dealing with. Just a different perspective is all.

:O

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 06:43

so wait, yuko's dad is john?

Did you guys give up on the

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 13:06

Did you guys give up on the Hokusai prints idea? I've been waiting for a while and you've gone to other print ideas.

We haven't! We just really

Comment by Ananth Fri, 04/22/2011 - 19:40

We haven't! We just really want to screenprint those at a large format by hand, but we haven't had time to sit down with someone who knows screenprinting. We'll definitely be doing that this year! Thanks for saying something.

I think I'm all clear...

Comment by Nes (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 18:21

I think so because my grandmother on my dad's side lived up to age 84, and my grandfather on my mom's side lived up to age 75.
I'm good. XDDD

Glad you're feeling better Yuko! Don't drink too much anymore, k?

Proper way to cut veg

Comment by Laz (not verified) Sat, 04/23/2011 - 00:38

TBH I am more concerned about the way Yuko cuts her veggies. (If the drawing is accurate)
Speaking from many hours of kitchen experience it is very easy to cut yourself holding your veg that way while chopping.
Be careful!

speaking of product

Comment by yraelis (not verified) Sat, 04/23/2011 - 03:29

Are there any plans to make another set of the cat keychains? I'd really like to buy some, for my current set of keychains are not as appealing nor as cute as those.

Good luck Yuko, hopefully your dad's genes won't get in the way of a good flambe dessert!

There will def be more

Comment by Ananth Tue, 04/26/2011 - 13:16

There will def be more keychains? They should be up in a few weeks.

Yuko's dad is the best

Comment by coughman (not verified) Sun, 04/24/2011 - 10:28

Yuko's dad is the best motivational speaker since Andrew WK

Yuko, your dad is awesome.

Comment by darryl (not verified) Sun, 04/24/2011 - 16:59

Yuko, your dad is awesome. He should have an advice-off with John!

Love this!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 04/24/2011 - 19:31

this is the best comic that I have seen in a long time. go Johnny Wander!

Reminds me of C.S. Lewis's quip

Comment by Allusion (not verified) Sun, 04/24/2011 - 23:08

"100% of people die, and that number cannot be increased."

So much for giving 110%. :(

Comment by KM (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 09:39

So much for giving 110%. :(

NOOOOO!!! I've read all the

Comment by Dr.Claw (not verified) Mon, 04/25/2011 - 05:54

NOOOOO!!!
I've read all the comics in a mere 2 days.
I have no reason to live now...
p.s. my friend is half japanese and his asian glow turns his face bright red, although that doesn't stop him from drinking large quantities of alcohol.