Carlwreck

Carlwreck

Tue, 04/26/2011 - 16:49 by Ananth in response to cake sagan

It was Yuko's birthday on Monday! Happy (post-)birthday!

Real quick #1: If you're in NYC and free April 27th, Adam Warrock will be performing at The Delancey! He was the one who did the Call Me Johnny Wander song, and later on we designed his t-shirt. Def drop in - click through for details!

Real quick #2 - if you follow Yuko's Tumblr you caught the 80s Storm/Pokémon mashup. It just got featured on Project Rooftop, a website dedicated to superhero redesigns:

It's a rad site, show 'em some love!

This has been Yuko's birthday of cakes! At Monday art group our pal L baked Yuko a funfetti cake with homemade funfetti (sprinkles baked into the cake). John was gone to Rochester over the weekend, and while he was there he also baked Yuko a cake, which he drove back. It's a well-traveled cake, a cake that's seen a bit of the world. Here are photos of the Carl Sagan cake:

OKAY TIME TO GET SERIOUS. CAKE STATS:

CAKE BOSS: JOHN

FLAVOR: LEMON

FROSTING: LEMON

DIMENSIONS: 9x13"

OCCUPATION: CAKE

STATES VISITED: NEW YORK

INGREDIENTS: STAR STUFF

Yuko says, "I had a lovely birthday, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!"

That's all from us today! Catch you Thursday!

Comments

Letters

Comment by Lynxreign (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 16:58

I like that the word "Hairy" is hidden in the upper right.

I love John's face in the

Comment by Alison (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:00

I love John's face in the first panel. He looks so proud of himself!

...also, he's SMILING :O

Comment by Jeffery (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:57

...also, he's SMILING :O

THE END IS NIGH!

Comment by Zak (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 23:06

THE END IS NIGH!

Then again, Sagan cake!

Comment by fraoch (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 02:05

Then again, Sagan cake!

happy belated birthday! hope

Comment by johnny vu (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:01

happy belated birthday! hope you enjoyed your clearly amazing cake!

O_O;

Comment by Coffeepillow (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:03

I am both frightened and jealous of that cake... I once made Rubix's Cube cookies for my ex, I was proud.

Cosmic Soup Birthday!

Comment by ChristineA (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:15

Happy belated Birthday Yukko! I have lots of fond memories of watching Carl Sagan explain the universe. :D Glad to see he's been immortalized in cake. lol!

Why is it spelled YUKQ?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:16

Why is it spelled YUKQ?

Blame COSMOS.

Comment by Aido Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:20

He used all the O's spelling out "COSMOS"

Q=O

Comment by Suzi Roo (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 21:47

That's my favorite part.

Sorry I missed your birthday. :-(

Comment by Reynard (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:29

At least it seems to have been a happy one. Also: My, what big (and beautiful) Anime Eyes you have!

That cake is teh awesome

Comment by Jade (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:33

That cake is teh awesome (mmmmmmmmmmmm, lemon) and a belated happy birthday!

The most beautiful cake

Comment by Happy (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:36

Much credit must be given to Yuko for her valiant re-enaction, but her greyscale art was unable to do it full justice

A lemon birthday cake, Carl

Comment by Anon (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:48

A lemon birthday cake, Carl Sagan themed?
I want to man-marry this John fellow.

that is an amazing cake.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:55

that is an amazing cake. john, you are my hero.

happy birthday, yuko!

*_*

Comment by gale (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 17:58

That is the most amazing cake I have ever seen, ever. Number of thumbs up: billions and billions!

Speechless

Comment by PenInHand (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 18:01

I can't begin to even comprehend how awesome that cake is. And I mean that in the Old Testament, Moses parting the red sea definition of awesome.

Happy Birthday

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 18:11

John Lemon? So it's also a Beatles' cake?

Haha, John Lemon

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 13:27

Haha, John Lemon

Badumching

Comment by AlmostLiterally (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 15:26

Happy late birthday!

Too awesome.

Comment by quarksparrow (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 19:12

Blasphemy. Should've been an apple pie.

BHA

Comment by il biggo (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 15:52

Sagan and Apple? *cough*

Sagan vs. Attenborough

Comment by dave x (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 19:36

I kind of dont like carl sagan that much because i tried to watch the cosmos, after i had watched all of 'planet earth' and it was just some dood talking without any really cool pictures, and most of it was not even about space, he was talking history and stuff. i wanted to see those cool stars forming pictures and whatnot

belated happy birthday yuko!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 19:53

belated happy birthday yuko! you're awesome!

John smiled. *multiplies by

Comment by Pach (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 20:27

John smiled. *multiplies by zero*

don't you mean divide?

Comment by Zak (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 23:05

don't you mean divide?

WHOA

Comment by Hallard (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 22:47

YUKO'S BIRTHDAY IS MY BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY YUKO

Comment by Sven (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 23:08

THAT CAKE LOOKS AWESOME

That really is an excellent

Comment by Miriam (not verified) Tue, 04/26/2011 - 23:20

That really is an excellent cake.

Best. Cake. Ever.

Comment by Jes (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 00:16

Best. Cake. Ever.

Aw, happy birthday, Yukq!

Comment by Brian (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 02:39

Aw, happy birthday, Yukq!

Happy Birthday Yuko

Comment by Blue Fox (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 03:59

Congrats and continuous sequels strikes of happy moments which compose the life that you live.

Cosmos Wreck

Comment by Niall (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 08:52

Please tell me you've submitted this to Cake Wrecks.
Happy Birthday Yuko. Hope you finally defeat your evil twin Yukq this year.

Happy late birthday Yuko!

Comment by altshiftm (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 08:57

Happy late birthday Yuko!

Can't wait for the sequel.

Comment by KM (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 09:06

Can't wait for the sequel. Carl Sagan Cake II!

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY! YUKO

Comment by Panda (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 10:06

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY! YUKO <3 :3

Happy Birthday Yuko

Comment by Mike (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 10:32

Awesome lemon cake! Cheers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Comment by Ann Onymouse (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 11:36

OOH OOH I GET THE PINEAL GLAND!!!

The Delancy

Comment by Kat Lo (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 11:57

I'm going to see a burlesque show at The Delancy tonight thats going on at the same time as Adam Warrock. I wonder if its in separate rooms or going on on the same stage. Are you guys going? I might see you there ^_^

love it

Comment by Kirbykiller (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 12:56

Awesome Cake! happy Bday Yuko!

lololololololololol

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 13:54

This is the best cake.

Birthdays and stuff

Comment by Number Seven (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 15:46

My birthday's today! cool. Also, because of an earlier comic, I have to ensure you guys have seen this, even though I bet you have.
http://shirt.woot.com/ look at it today! tomorrow will be too late!

Also happy birthday Yuko.

Comment by Number Seven (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 15:47

Also happy birthday Yuko. Easily in my top five artist-type people.
(I don't actually rank the top 5. They're just the top five. Seems more diplomatic that way).

Happy B-Day

Comment by 404dude (not verified) Wed, 04/27/2011 - 23:17

Happy (late) Birthday Yuko!
Hope you enjoyed yourself ^_^

Also, John outdid himself with the cake :x

Not wanting to detract from

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/28/2011 - 08:53

Not wanting to detract from what is quite possibly the best cake ever, but wouldn't it be awesome if it had been an apple pie with the same decoration?

xD

Comment by sadfulness (not verified) Wed, 05/04/2011 - 10:27

Awesome cake is awesome. But I kind of agree with quarksparrow -- apple pie would have been EVEN MORE AWESOME. Did you have to start by inventing the universe, or did making cake instead get you out of having to?