Pfff bluh bluh cough cough

Pfff bluh bluh cough cough

Thu, 04/28/2011 - 17:21 by Ananth in response to drinking problem

Hope some of you made out to the Adam Warrock show last night! It was a lot of fun. He's doing another show in May at the Littlefield, so put that on your calendars!

Good news for everyone who missed out last time: We'll be re-releasing the Cat-mera phone charms/keychains next week! And we'll also be selling some of them as EARRINGS for those of you who'd like that. We'll also be adding these patches to the store:

Better pictures of that next week! The detail on the Maw isn't readily apparent in my crappy webcam picture. The text is latin for "Not Lost".

We're busy with a lot of projects right now! None of which we can talk about just yet ... ain't that always the way of it. :/ I'm champing at the bit to talk about stuff, but ... must be ... patient. In the meantime, here's a scribble Yuko did of the DA2 character we made:

Have a good weekend!

Comments

Digging the patches, can't

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 04/28/2011 - 17:26

Digging the patches, can't wait till they're available, however I can wait even less to hear about all the projects you guys have been working on.

TCAF

Comment by Mitchelle D'Souza (not verified) Thu, 04/28/2011 - 18:02

Bring the patch to TCAF PLEASE!

Is y'all's DA2 character a

Comment by Mel (not verified) Thu, 04/28/2011 - 18:41

Is y'all's DA2 character a rogue? She definitely looks like one.

I don't want to be one of

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/28/2011 - 18:53

I don't want to be one of THOSE people, but... I think Ananth's hand isn't shaded in the last panel...?

Really looking forward to seeing what these projects are!

Hey, if it weren't for

Comment by AmericanLink (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 02:20

Hey, if it weren't for people like you, there would be many more inconsistencies in everything, and no artist would improve. :)

An Airplane Reference? In JW?

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Thu, 04/28/2011 - 21:02

It's more likely than you think.

The title reminded me of

Comment by Kristina (not verified) Thu, 04/28/2011 - 22:27

The title reminded me of Airplane :)

that Carmine picture's

Comment by Gilder (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 00:40

that Carmine picture's double lines is making it REALLY hard to focus my eyes on it. My mind keeps translating it as "blurry"

Champing. Champing at the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 01:22

Champing.

Champing at the bit.

Champing?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 09:58

No, it's definitely chomping.

According to Wiki it IS

Comment by Ananth Fri, 04/29/2011 - 12:10

According to Wiki it IS champing, huh! You learn something new every day.

Champ vs chomp is a dialect

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Mon, 05/02/2011 - 11:50

Champ vs chomp is a dialect difference. They're both listed in the dictionary. Both are onomatopoeia meaning "to chew" so the meaning behind the phrase is not changed.

Personally, I've never used "champ" for anything other than a shortening of "champion," nor does anyone in my particular English-speaking region use it as a verb (everyone elects to use chomp if need be). That makes "champing at the bit" sound odd.

Just saying - the correction is correct, but the original form wasn't necessarily wrong either.

On the side panel of this

Comment by paper-kats (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 02:36

On the side panel of this website, under "feeds" it has
"both" and then
"livejournal"

i read that as "live birth" and i was worried for a second.

idk. i like these comics .____.

Digging the DA2 character pic

Comment by Ink Asylum (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 07:06

I like picking interesting noses for my Bioware characters, too.

I sure hope you wash your

Comment by KM (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 08:49

I sure hope you wash your hands right after...

XD

Comment by AlmostLiterally (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 12:56

XD

grammar nerd

Comment by angela (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 07:22

I second the champing at the bit correction. Champing, not chomping.

Thanks for the awesome comics, Johnny Wander is one of my favorite comics!

Oh wow, I had to Wiki that!

Comment by Ananth Fri, 04/29/2011 - 12:10

Oh wow, I had to Wiki that! I had no idea. Interesting!

Okay, a few things,

Comment by This Guy (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 09:12

1) that's happened to me a lot. So i laughed, a lot.

2) I want a keychain! i'll order one soon.

3) looking forward to book 2 when it's out!

Airplane! <3

Comment by AlmostLiterally (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 12:54

Love the DA2 character picture!

Patch!

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 13:01

Awwwww yeaaaaaaaaah! Extra pumped about the patch. Johnny Wander #1!

I have to say...

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 13:45

There's been one thing that I've always wanted to buy since you posted that comic about rook with John's face.

John masks. I'll buy them. So many of them.

Just to walk around with all my friends in a mask of an angry and ornery John, take pictures, go on a John Parade, the John Fan Club, etc.

Also Rook masks would be cute too but they sell cat masks at Party City.

problem solved

Comment by Heidi (not verified) Mon, 05/02/2011 - 00:27

Blow up the image, print it out, paste it to a cardboard backing, attach a popsicle stick, and you're good to go! Just like the one in the picture of Rook.

Actually..

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Tue, 05/03/2011 - 14:03

I did that with a highlighter.

But I meant a plastic mask like the ones you get with costumes. The elastic band in the back to keep it on your head and it's 3-d and stuff-ish.

Since no one else made

Comment by Scones (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 14:30

Since no one else made mention of it, I thought I might as well say that I particularly appreciate the Latin on the patch. While simply "not lost" is a beautiful colloquialization, I love that the literal is "by no means do I wander."

As a Latin Major, just saying I appreciate the elegant translation.

P.S. Suus Cuique Attributus

Comment by Scones (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 14:37

P.S.

Suus Cuique Attributus est Error ~Catullus

paaatttccchhhhh

Comment by cyanoid (not verified) Fri, 04/29/2011 - 17:28

I feel like I would need a fancy blazer to wear it on...
I could pretend it's the official crest of some supersecret boarding school for short art nerds....

drinking problem

Comment by Jerr (not verified) Sat, 04/30/2011 - 15:23

This happens to me without fail every time someone else is driving our carpool. Curse our terrible LA freeways and the stainless steel bottles I insist on drinking out of. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.

Super excited about the charms coming back! Much to my dismay I missed out on the first batch.

Boy oh boy oh boy...

Comment by Hannah C (not verified) Sat, 04/30/2011 - 16:04

Am I excited for the maw patches! Now I only have to decide which bag I'd want to put it on. :)

Order enough to put on all

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Sun, 05/01/2011 - 09:06

Order enough to put on all of your bags. Problem solved. Unless it's a money problem. Sell a few of your bags, so you have more money and less bags to put patches on. haha, incredibly logical if I might say so myself.

P.S. I personally recommend not to listen to any of my advice. ever.

patch