Big Apple Comic Con

Big Apple Comic Con

Tue, 05/17/2011 - 16:04 by Ananth in response to where everybody knows your name

There's a fine line to walk when it comes to being a regular! From my personal experience if they know your name it's too much. But if they know what you order, that's perfect.

A couple of things to talk about!

First, we'll be at Big Apple Comic Con in NYC this coming weekend! Come by and see us, we'll have books, t-shirts and more.

Second, Adam Warrock's newest EP This Man, This Emcee is out! It features a redone version of Johnny Wanderin'! It's 7 tracks for 5 bucks, a steal, and the opening track Marvel vs. DC is one that I particularly like. If you want to purchase a single track you can do so through Itunes. He's also doing a show at the Littlefield Thursday night in Brooklyn - tickets are $10!

Third - CMYcat and Hokusai tees will be in the store by next week at the latest! We'll have both at the Comic Con this weekend.

That's it for now! See you Thursday!

Comments

THE SPARKLES ANANTH THE

Comment by HopelessO (not verified) Sun, 05/22/2011 - 11:19

THE SPARKLES ANANTH THE SPARKLES

they make this page worth everything that a page can be worth

...and man, i can't believe i skipped reading this page accidentally this week.

it's pretty amazing when you

Comment by Brian (not verified) Mon, 05/23/2011 - 16:36

it's pretty amazing when you become a recognized regular. There's this grocery store i go to a lot with an in-store deli that also makes amazing Chinese food. About once a week, I take some home for dinner with my parents, and the other day, i walked up to the counter, and the girl smiled and told me my order before i opened my mouth.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this is pretty cool.

The American that buys 5 orders of Inari-zushi and leaves

Comment by Stylus (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 17:17

Here in Fussa, Tokyo, I am undoutedly known as "The American that buys 5 orders of Inari-zushi and leaves", or so that's what they tell me. Appearantly someone has been spreading word about me...

I've been recognized in at least 4 different shops around here, and I'm still not sure if it's a good thing.

Strangely enough, I was once

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 06/24/2011 - 09:18

Strangely enough, I was once a regular at a tiny booth in Toronto's Pacific Mall that sold (and taught kids how to make) small beaded figurines. The lady remembered me the first time I went back after moving away from Toronto...five years later. She's good.

So here's the deal! I just

Comment by Luke Giannitti (not verified) Sat, 01/28/2012 - 09:46

So here's the deal! I just moved into a new apartment and the water pressure is so intense that is creates a large aamount of wind in the shower. Thus forcing the shower curtain liner to wrap around me. This is very annoying!!! I need answers. I am desperate for a normal shower!. Luke Giannitti

Regular

Comment by Temporarynoise (not verified) Sun, 01/06/2013 - 21:23

My husband was super excited to be a regular at the bar. When the waitress knew he wanted onion rings with his steak it was a good day.

Hahaha, this happens to me a

Comment by Mezzo-Blaze (not verified) Tue, 01/22/2013 - 23:43

Hahaha, this happens to me a lot. Especially since all of my favorite places keep closing down and I have to find new ones.