BATMAN(s)

BATMAN(s)

Tue, 05/24/2011 - 17:23 by Ananth in response to batmen

You guyssss we were at Big Apple Comic Con this past weekend which is largely a superhero show, and so we got to talking about superhero comics. The result was 3 pages of Batmen in their off-hours, when they're just kicking back and taking a break from being the Batmen we all know and love.

We also sat next to Arthur Suydam, who is the artist on comics like Marvel Zombies, Army of Darkness and more. We only got to talk to him briefly, but he was really friendly and it was a pleasure speaking to him.

We took Rook to the vet today and it went well, despite his natural skittishness! I'd recommend Prospect Heights Animal Hospital to anyone in the area.

As a result of our work day being truncated, CMYcat and Hokusai tees will go up Thursday! See you then!

Comments

This is my favorite doodle

Comment by Briget (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 17:36

This is my favorite doodle page! :D My favorite is the bear-punch. And the resulting friendship.

nanananana batman

Comment by samdaskod (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 17:41

i like the shower batman^^

The fancy batman is indeed

Comment by David A. (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 17:44

The fancy batman is indeed missing a monocle, sir.

Just imagine how Bats would feel if he saw this...

Comment by ColdFusion (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 18:00

He puts all this work into seeming really intimidating to criminals, and here he's just so iconic and entertaining that we like drawing him in crazy outfits having fun...

Batman trained to be the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 18:05

Batman trained to be the best at everything.

bat-everything everyday

Comment by robocotte (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 18:09

Is that.. a bat puppet for his bat-children?

And a bat-snowman?

Bat-cakes?

is he petting a bat-cat what is going on here.

Hee

Awesome stuff, Yuko!

U GAIZ

Comment by Ruzzy (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 19:29

I LOVE YOU

Yes! They came out great. :D

Comment by Ink Asylum (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 19:44

Yes! They came out great. :D It makes me wish for a Where's Waldo-style drawing where there are a hundred or more Batmen and one Joker hiding out.

Batman never sticks his neck out.

Comment by Sairus (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 19:46

Notice how his neck vanishes after about a quarter of the page.

Cowboy batman? Yes it has

Comment by Kendodude (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 20:16

Cowboy batman?
Yes it has been done...
BUT BATMAN USES NO GUN.

BATMAN HATES GUNS WITH PROFOUND RAGE...

Like NERD RAGE. HRRRRINNGGGGGG

:P

Speaking about Batman...

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 21:23

It was great meeting you once again. I'm getting them framed :D

And so Ananth doesn't feel left out

Btw, will the CMYK shirts be available in the stores?

I love the Batman in a tutu!

Comment by Nicole (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 22:17

I love the Batman in a tutu!

oh my god this is the best

Comment by Crm (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 22:36

oh my god this is the best please keep drawing batman forever

i want this as wallpaper.

Comment by kayla (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 22:49

i want this as wallpaper.

dude, you could totally make

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 23:14

dude, you could totally make this into a t-shirt design

LOOK

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Tue, 05/24/2011 - 23:37

IT'S YUKO'S DAD.

BICYCLE REPAIR BATMAN!!?

Comment by Eages (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 00:14

BUT HOW?

this should be a wallpaper

Comment by P-G (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 00:45

this should be a wallpaper as stated above!

ba'man

Comment by Skabs (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 01:47

where's 'piderman? ^_^

:o

Comment by Sarah (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 01:53

I think I'm in love D:

Oh my boyfriend will be after the Batmen for this...

Coincidence?

Comment by William A. Righetti (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 03:07

Wow! This is is spiffy you guys. The funny thing, I have some old friends from High School/College who are doing this comic a day thing, and these drawings make me think of a strip one them has done a few times called "Midlife Crisis Batman", or just "Midlife Batman." Similar art style I think. Also, this should so be a T-Shirt.

nananananananana RANDOM!

Comment by fraoch (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 04:21

I'm particularly amused by wolver-bat :D

Yeah, that one got me as

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 06:41

Yeah, that one got me as well.

This comic would be 2 times

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 04:38

This comic would be 2 times more hilarious if batman looked serious and pissed off in all the poses and actions he performed on the page.

I LOL'ed.

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 06:25

I LOL'ed.

Unrelated, but...

Comment by LittleSarah (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 08:38

Random question about prints - will you be getting any more of your old print of the girl curled up reading in a massive armchair? I loved that one but didn't have the funds to buy it back in the day. I would also buy in on a tank top or something. Just saying.

Can you guys sell this as a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 09:00

Can you guys sell this as a poster? Or a print? Or something?

I kind of want it on my wall.

saturday night batman

Comment by Sarah P (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 09:45

Please tell me that's bat-shaped chest hair under his leisure suit.

I literally had to sing

Comment by Anon (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 09:58

I literally had to sing "Dun-a-nun-nun-a..." for each one of these little guys and announce what (I thought) they were doing.

It made my day.

at first I was like, but then I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 15:51

At first I was really confused

but by the time I scrolled down to cowboy!Batman I was on board.

that could be like the new background for the site. or a joke background for the site.

can we get a wallpaper

Comment by ktea (not verified) Wed, 05/25/2011 - 17:05

can we get a wallpaper version? 8D

wolver-bat

Comment by cabbagehats (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 00:04

Is the fact that wolver-bat is smoking have anything to do with cerebus?

The night is his.

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 08:50

Crime never sleeps.

TMNT Batman momentarily

Comment by Ter (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 10:56

TMNT Batman momentarily confused me, then delighted me.

I thought this was a direct

Comment by Nina (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 12:49

I thought this was a direct homage to Scott C. and his "spidermans" -- http://www.pyramidcar.com/the-spidermans-for-la-show/ -- but your post made no mention of it. Great minds think alike, perhaps?

Coincidence? I think not!

Comment by Shellie (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 14:39

Whoa, I'm totally wearing my Batman shirt today. *^_^* That's so cool!

okay, so i've never

Comment by lauren (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 15:00

okay, so i've never commented before, but i love your comics/drawings/overall cuteness, and i just wanted to say that the prospect heights animal hospital is also where i take MY cats, and dr. isaacson is the CUTEST!

This just makes me think of

Comment by Korbl (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 15:08

This just makes me think of making Batman a race for D&D... lol

Batsnowman

Comment by Hope (not verified) Tue, 05/31/2011 - 02:14

Batman's snowmanbat/batsnowman/snowbatman is literally one of the cutest things I have seen all day.

And earlier I was watching a video of a french bulldog puppy rolling around on its backs because it couldn't get up.

Major cuteness points.

Comment by nalem (not verified) Sat, 06/04/2011 - 15:28

Batsy with a cake makes me all kinds of happy

so cute. batman fights the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 06/05/2011 - 03:44

so cute. batman fights the bear, then they're friends! <3

Excellent

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/02/2011 - 02:21

Your batmen are the best batmen. really that's all that needs to be said XD

cool

Comment by Tyrone Cales (not verified) Mon, 12/05/2011 - 12:43

I love batman. In fact i have lots batman collections and awesome t-shirts. But this one is funny and yet cool.

hehe

Comment by www.sparcoin.de (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 18:41

oh my god this is the best please keep drawing batman forever..