T-shirt question!

T-shirt question!

Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:06 by Ananth in response to girl with the skeleton hand 2 - 1

The first part of a 5-part Girl with the Skeleton Hand story - you can read the previous story here, and here's a little cameo at the end of Delilah and the Basilisk. Hope you enjoy it!

I've been saying we'd put the new t-shirts up this week, but unfortunately our work ran away with us and we just don't have it prepped. I hate to do this, but they'll be up on Tuesday come hell or high water. Sorry about that!

You guys seemed to really like the Batmen! Which leads me to the question: any interest in a Batmen t-shirt? Let us know in the comments below! We're thinking black ink on a white or silver t-shirt.

The Batmen were also featured on Comics Alliance, where Chris Sims said some really flattering things! Also some side-by-side comparisons of Yuko's Batmen and some real Batmen (I remember Darkclaw and the cowboy, but somehow completely missed the wizard? Batman was a wizard??).

And Johnny Wander also ended up on Drawn.ca, a blog that I've been following since college! Some very kind words from Luc Latulippe, one of the Drawn contributors (whose own work is just gorgeous).

That's all for us! Swing by Tuesday for page 2 of this Girl with the Skeleton Hand arc. And t-shirts. For real this time.

Comments

Batmen shirt!

Comment by Bethanny (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:17

Yes, I'd buy at least two Batmen shirt! It's everything I love, all in one adorable design drawn by an adorable artist. Life wouldn't get much sweeter than that.

WOOOOO!

Comment by Krimson (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:18

CE-CE-CELI-A!

(I apologize. I have had "Sussudio" stuck in my head all week, and it's infected everything I touch.)

I love, love, LOOOVE the colors that you use. And awww, ghostmice! ADORBS.

Batshirts FTW

Comment by Rembrand (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:22

Yes! I would totally buy one (or 2).

Batmen

Comment by Jimmy (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:24

I would definitely buy a Batmen t-shirt from you guys. There is always room for more Johnny Wander stuff.

BATMAN + JW=TOTAL WIN

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:28

BATMAN + JW=TOTAL WIN

Yessss, Batmen shirt! Also,

Comment by Spin (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:28

Yessss, Batmen shirt!

Also, this is such a gorgeous page. I love the bedhead hair and grumpy expressions :)

Batmen! Nananananananana...

Comment by Reader (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:29

I would definitely buy a Batmen Tshirt. But even more, if it was possible (I don't know if it would be possible), Batmen PAJAMAS. How awesome would they look on a shirt/pant combo, being all Batmen-y all over?!? So great.

omg batman print pjs would

Comment by phonominal (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 00:06

omg batman print pjs would be sooo amazing

Holy crap, yes. I've already

Comment by Kari (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 11:58

Holy crap, yes. I've already got it set as my altogether unwieldy wallpaper, just to have the batmen around, and my daughter loves to sit and just look at them all.

{squee!}

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 20:41

oh hells-to-the-yes! i would own such in a hot second. and a T for when i'm not being lazy about the house and have to put on real adult clothes.

When this page loaded,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:34

When this page loaded, despite being at work, I let out an audible YESSSS and punched the air in excitement. I LOVE THE GIRL WITH THE SKELETON HAND.

That is all.

!

Comment by Trae (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:54

Oh, my, it's Cecilia! I love these characters, so it makes me very happy to see you writing more about them.
That said, she looks different; the art as a whole looks different, compared to the original Girl With The Skeleton Hand. It's improved quite a bit!
I adore the ghost mice. They look like they're just walking through things for shits and giggles.

Batmen on a shirt? YES

Comment by wrybread (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:55

Batmen on a shirt? YES PLEASE :D I would prance around in it around my school and life would be wonderful.

(And also yay more Cecelia!)

YES to Batmen t-shirts!! 8D

Comment by Heather L. (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:58

YES to Batmen t-shirts!! 8D

Ghost mouse vs ghost cat

Comment by tudza (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:03

Cross over sometime with Girls with Slingshots?

BATMEN BATMEN BATMEN

Comment by Suilean Dubh (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:04

YES BATMEN T-SHIRTS YES ALWAYS YES. *straightens tie* Ahem. That is all.

I would buy nine batmen

Comment by Chipp (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:06

I would buy nine batmen shirts.

Batmen shirt??

Comment by Ink (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:07

Sounds neat *^_^*

OH MY GOODNESS YES. I would

Comment by Briget (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:12

OH MY GOODNESS YES. I would wear a Batman shirt in a second. Personally, I would prefer it printed on a silver rather than a white tee. I have a thing where I just don't like wearing white t-shirts, even if the design on it is awesome. :/

Batmen shirt, please…

Comment by moch (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:16

It would be awesome!

PaLOLontology

Comment by Nirdian (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:28

Really wishing for a return of the LOLfauna shirts... (I discovered your comic like, a month ago... so I missed those). :(

Batmen would also make a nice shirt though, now that you mention it.

They'll be back! We're just

Comment by Ananth Thu, 05/26/2011 - 21:31

They'll be back! We're just waiting on them a little while, is all.

Yes! Batmen shirts! But

Comment by Karu (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 17:47

Yes! Batmen shirts!
But plus-sized please? D:

We always get a few

Comment by Ananth Thu, 05/26/2011 - 21:31

We always get a few plus-sized, no worries!

Woo!

Comment by Karu (not verified) Mon, 05/30/2011 - 11:48

Woo!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 18:12

Batman. Shirts. Yes. Please.

YESSSSSSSS i missed these

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 18:14

YESSSSSSSS

i missed these guys ;~;

GHOST MICE!

Comment by Duessa (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 18:30

Oh my god, they're so cuuuute!

Yay!

Comment by Arkadi (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 18:37

Ooh, Cecilia is back! I love this character :D Even her bedhead is cute!

And batmen tees would be brilliant, yeah. ^^

Yes Batmen, but...

Comment by Matt B. (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 18:38

I've always been curious about the legality behind making a shirt like this without the consent of the property holder. I see people do it all the time online and have always wondered why they haven't received Cease and Desist letters.

The legality of some shirts

Comment by Allen (not verified) Mon, 05/30/2011 - 22:43

The legality of some shirts sold online are probably iffy, but this would likely fall under parody, which is protected by copyright law.

THE COLORS ARE GORGEOUS.

Comment by Dan Barry (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 19:08

Cecilia's bedhead is awesome. I hope we get to see more about how she sneakily, slyly bedded Death. She's a really ripe character for some fun with innuendo :D

Are you aware there's a band called Ghost Mice? I'm not into them, but many people are! They play oldey-timey punk rock. They're super D.I.Y.

This page is gorgeous. One

Comment by Kathleen (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 19:27

This page is gorgeous. One thing though: she wears her hand glove things to bed?

of course i am, all the

Comment by guilherme raposo (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 19:47

of course i am, all the batmen were so cute *-*

HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG.

Comment by Lightlybow (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 20:43

So.
Excited.

BATMEN! On silver please!

Comment by Psydotek (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 21:39

BATMEN! On silver please!

I would buy a batmen t-shirt

Comment by Ruth (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 22:11

I would buy a batmen t-shirt in two seconds! It would perfectly advertise my love for both JW and not taking Batman too seriously. Just one little request - if you do go with white/silver as the base colour, can you make sure it's properly opaque (ie, can't see a pastel-coloured bra through it)? I am excited for you guys getting so much exposure, you totally deserve it.

I'm gonna second this one. I

Comment by TN (not verified) Mon, 05/30/2011 - 11:34

I'm gonna second this one. I would love a batman shirt, but I have such issues with light colored shirts and bras.

dat face

Comment by Ferret (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 22:36

Cecilia's face in the last panel makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :D

I would LOVE at Batmen

Comment by Megan (not verified) Thu, 05/26/2011 - 23:12

I would LOVE at Batmen t-shirt! Also I'm happy to see more with Cecelia :D

YESYESYES first time

Comment by ultrabeating (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 02:04

YESYESYES first time commenting just to say that a Batmen shirt would be AMAZING and i'd buy it in a heartbeat ;u;;;
and i agree with most comments, silver would be better!

Yes please, then it would go

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 04:43

Yes please, then it would go with my Batman converse shoes :D

Ghost mices

Comment by Toz (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 05:12

I officially want a ghost mouse now.

I'm going to pretend I made

Comment by Toz (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 05:14

I'm going to pretend I made that error on purpose.

Mices...yep. Totally on purpose.

Batman Shirt

Comment by Carryout Pie (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 07:31

It would be welcomed if Batman was doing something that he's not done on any other shirt, like slip on a banana peel.

Batmen shirt? YES!

Comment by Danielle (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 08:46

Batmen shirt? YES! yesyesyesyesyesyes :D please

Odd Dude Out

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 09:25

Dunno about the Batmen idea. I'm a big comic book nerd and I love for Batman to be always preoccupied and brooding. Batmen are neither. :(

Angry Cecilia

Comment by Doval (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 09:38

It's kind of refreshing to see Cecilia get mad at something. It's very humanizing, since she's always so cheerful and optimistic.

I'm glad that working for

Comment by Ananth Fri, 05/27/2011 - 09:54

I'm glad that working for you! Cecilia usually shows up so immaculately coifed and dressed, I was wondering what the reaction would be when she wasn't.

I like it!

Comment by Adam Messinger (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 15:40

It's refreshing to see a different side of the character. I'm curious to see where this goes.