T-shirt question!

T-shirt question!

Thu, 05/26/2011 - 16:06 by Ananth in response to girl with the skeleton hand 2 - 1

The first part of a 5-part Girl with the Skeleton Hand story - you can read the previous story here, and here's a little cameo at the end of Delilah and the Basilisk. Hope you enjoy it!

I've been saying we'd put the new t-shirts up this week, but unfortunately our work ran away with us and we just don't have it prepped. I hate to do this, but they'll be up on Tuesday come hell or high water. Sorry about that!

You guys seemed to really like the Batmen! Which leads me to the question: any interest in a Batmen t-shirt? Let us know in the comments below! We're thinking black ink on a white or silver t-shirt.

The Batmen were also featured on Comics Alliance, where Chris Sims said some really flattering things! Also some side-by-side comparisons of Yuko's Batmen and some real Batmen (I remember Darkclaw and the cowboy, but somehow completely missed the wizard? Batman was a wizard??).

And Johnny Wander also ended up on Drawn.ca, a blog that I've been following since college! Some very kind words from Luc Latulippe, one of the Drawn contributors (whose own work is just gorgeous).

That's all for us! Swing by Tuesday for page 2 of this Girl with the Skeleton Hand arc. And t-shirts. For real this time.

Comments

tshirt = yes! i was so

Comment by rachel m (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 10:11

tshirt = yes! i was so hoping that would become a reality...

Tell you what I'd definitely

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 10:12

Tell you what I'd definitely buy...
A full length book about Cecilia and Death! I love these stories! :)

Comment by Katja (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 12:00

I'd love to have a batman t-shirt! (Is it a problem to deliver it to Europe?) Even if it's not black...

I ordered the cat-fusion

Comment by Deih (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 21:26

I ordered the cat-fusion mobile chains not too long ago, and it came a weeks time later. No big fuzz, went smoothly. But I guess a bigger item than a flat envelope might take some more, but I trust that unless it's several big items you order, there won't be a problem with shipping (except cost ^w^)

I WANT A BATMEN SHIRT!!!!

Comment by Annabeth (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 12:10

I WANT A BATMEN SHIRT!!!! It's my favorite strip ever :)

Comment by Leask (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 12:19

I would absolutely buy and love a Batmen t-shirt.

I still love this girl. I

Comment by Deih (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 12:42

I still love this girl. I love all of the original works here. So brilliant.

Gief more Callie Eats Feathers

A batman shirt would be

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 14:52

A batman shirt would be great! Though I doubt you would want all of them on one shirt. I think all of the sketches wouldn't fit. Maybe you could offer 2 separate shirts with different sketches.

Batmen shirt

Comment by SugaryCynic (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 14:54

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS. I need the Batmen shirt. I need it to live.

Oh Shirt!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 15:33

Yes! Please make the batmen shirt! :D

I just found your comic

Comment by Mosrael (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 17:37

I just found your comic yesterday, read every page in 10 hours and now I think I'm in love with John. Also, I really love reading comics about/by asian americans (because I am one) and I can't tell you how excited I was when I found yours.

Oh and I don't get asian glow or have alcohol intolerance, neither does my best friend but we're both half korean. My mother turns ruby red and get splendiforously drunk with one half-sip of wine. It's pretty funny actually.

YES PLEASE. ; __ ;

Comment by suesuke (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 20:08

YES PLEASE. ; __ ;

Please make the batmen

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 20:21

Please make the batmen t-shirts.... PLEASE. I need one in my life!!

Oh oh! On the subject of

Comment by Deih (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 21:24

Oh oh! On the subject of shirts, you should totally start making sweat shirts (NO ZIPS! I HAAATE ZIPS. Except, it's a funny word. Zip. Heh..) with Batmen and/or PaleontoLOLogy.
Seriously.

I live in Denmark. It's frakkin cold here...

I'd love a Batmen shirt, but

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 05/27/2011 - 23:27

I'd love a Batmen shirt, but I'd need a 3XL

Eeeeeeeeee

Comment by Dart (not verified) Sat, 05/28/2011 - 00:12

Cecilia and Death! :D I've missed these two!

I love the idea of batmen on

Comment by Aikachi (not verified) Sat, 05/28/2011 - 05:53

I love the idea of batmen on a shirt :D quite honestly though, your only T-shirt designs I'd actually wear on a regular basis would be paleLOLntology and Phoenix down, and I'm waiting for those to be rereleased, especially the latter c:

I would absolutely buy a

Comment by Nina (not verified) Sat, 05/28/2011 - 08:02

I would absolutely buy a Batman shirt along the lines of what you posted earlier this week!!! I actually forced my boyfriend to come into the room to see it, and he loved it, too.

Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh

Comment by Rachel (not verified) Sat, 05/28/2011 - 10:26

Yes for BATMEN t-shirt!!!!

Yes please!

Comment by Pötra (not verified) Sat, 05/28/2011 - 13:22

+1 vote for batmen-shirts ^^

Yes I would definitely buy a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 05/28/2011 - 14:25

Yes I would definitely buy a Batmen tshirt! It'd be cool if you could just pick a few, but it would work as just a very small print as well! =D

SQUEAK.

Comment by Hydrall (not verified) Sat, 05/28/2011 - 21:06

I suspect the Death of Rats has been busy lately...

An Internet if the reference is gotten.

Yatta! I caught up, I must

Comment by Aesc (not verified) Sun, 05/29/2011 - 05:44

Yatta! I caught up, I must say I enjoy the little slice of life you share with your readers. Just commenting to say, keep up the good work!

Hurrah!

Comment by Hannah C (not verified) Sun, 05/29/2011 - 17:13

Bedhead!Cecilia is so adorable, and I really like the idea that seeing Death romantically has led to her seeing ghosts (oh, or was it an ability she already had? It just occured to me that that would explain why she can see Death in the first place. Does he have a name when he's not on the job? Oh, and a picture of Death doing other things along the lines of the Batmen would be glorious.)

I'm really happy to see another fictional short story - not that I don't like the autobio comics, but it makes a great change! Basically in my book Yuko and Ananth can do no wrong with Johnny Wander. :D

(end of shameless fan-rambling)

I agree with all this. Can't

Comment by GeniiBean (not verified) Fri, 06/03/2011 - 04:24

I agree with all this. Can't wait to see how their relationship has bloomed. So cute. :)

I find it funny that she always wears those wrist/hand warmers though...

Redo the hokusai t-shirt,

Comment by MagicToaster (not verified) Sun, 05/29/2011 - 18:55

Redo the hokusai t-shirt, pretty please?

I very rarely buy online

Comment by rainboo (not verified) Sun, 05/29/2011 - 21:17

I very rarely buy online shirts, but were there to be a batmen shirt, I would want it! I would spend $20 on that.

I WANT BATMEN SHIRT NAO PLZ

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 05/29/2011 - 23:48

I WANT BATMEN SHIRT NAO PLZ

YES BATMEN T-SHIRT

Comment by Laura (not verified) Mon, 05/30/2011 - 12:02

I would probably but at least 2>

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 05/30/2011 - 17:45

BATMAN = YES.
THAT IS ALL.

She's adorable! That said,

Comment by Fletcher (not verified) Tue, 05/31/2011 - 01:02

She's adorable!

That said, could we get some more Spacklehaus Memoirs at some point? They're some of my favourites, always oddly entertaining in a horrible sort of way.

I JUST READ ALL OF THE

Comment by MacLean (not verified) Tue, 05/31/2011 - 02:22

I JUST READ ALL OF THE COMICS! WE'RE ALL THE BEST!

;o Haayy, me too~! All in

Comment by Painefullthrottle (not verified) Tue, 05/31/2011 - 06:44

;o Haayy, me too~! All in one sitting (excluding food breaks.. ).

This is seriously a great comic. It will be forever bookmarked on my web browser. C: <3

Comment by Skie (not verified) Tue, 05/31/2011 - 10:51

SO excited for more of Cecilia and "Death". These girl with the skeleton hand stories are so positively wonderful.

However, on the note of the batmen... while I can see why some people like them, I am not one of them. I get a bit of a smirk from the actions, but I would not buy a shirt. =( *Honesty!*

Girl with the skeleton hand, on the other hand, I would buy anything of. A+! :D
(Same goes for Callie eats Feathers, actually)

Wrapping Paper.

Comment by Sandra (not verified) Wed, 06/01/2011 - 00:25

That is all I could think about after seeing the Batmen. Think about it. I would actually wrap my gifts if I had Batmen Wrapping Paper.

Batman shirts yessss...I am

Comment by Pam (not verified) Thu, 06/02/2011 - 05:54

Batman shirts yessss...I am a HUGE Batman fan and would buy those shirts in a heartbeat!

Comment by Kiersi (not verified) Fri, 06/03/2011 - 10:29

VERY interested in a Batmen t-shirt!! Would like to see dark blue on white and/or white on black! How funny.

BATMAN TSHIRT +_+

Comment by tabby (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 10:22

BATMAN TSHIRT +_+

hi

Comment by dkb (not verified) Thu, 08/25/2011 - 19:46

i have been reading you guys since Ctconn 2011 (yuko has been my super art fight favorite for twoish years) and i am completely in love with this whole story line i only wish i had discovered johnny wander when you had cecilia's cell phone charm. anyways thanks for letting me web stalk your life even though you have no idea who i am, got to love the internet.

football

Comment by soccer jerseys cheap (not verified) Mon, 07/09/2012 - 03:54

After weeks of waiting, Aston Villa have finally announced their new soccer jerseys cheap.