Barkscotti

Barkscotti

Thu, 06/16/2011 - 19:05 by Ananth in response to snickerdoggle

It's true! I like dogs (especially wolfy dogs), but I just don't know as much about dog species as I do cookie types. My shame, my shame. I can tell you, my favorite cookie place in NYC is probably Insomnia Cookies by NYU. They have a heat-fridge that keeps the cookies warm, so it's like they came out of the oven every time.

The girl on the far left in the first panel is Katie! Yuko mentored her for a senior project during her last semester in FIT's Illustration program.

New York weather has been surprisingly nice! I hope I don't eat those words. It's been tough to stay inside and work when that rare pleasant weather is a-callin'.

Back to work. Have a good weekend!

Comments

*snickers* He said Doodle.

Comment by Raiser (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 19:28

I know less about dogs or cookies than I do about cats, and I don't know all that much about cats.

(I learned much of what I did from Pets 101 on Animal Planet.)

A perpetual low-heat oven sounds like the best thing ever for cookies or breads. My mother makes sourdough in the winter months (we're in Florida, or she'd do it more often, it gets hot down here) and I can just imagine keeping a loaf in one of those.

Wonder how they keep it from drying out?

Sometimes dogs and cookies

Comment by Steot (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 19:52

Sometimes dogs and cookies overlap! My Mom-Mom used to have a shih tzu named Snicker-doodle! (we called her snickers for short :3)

New shirt line - Snack

Comment by Deih (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 20:01

New shirt line - Snack pets.

Srsly. The new ZooLoLogy.

Deih has a pretty good idea.

Comment by nalem (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 20:37

Deih has a pretty good idea. :)

Snickerdoodles are delicious.

Dogs are awesome. I'd have a puppy farm if I could.

Your knowledge of cookies

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 20:40

Your knowledge of cookies will save us all one day.

A labra-doodle? :0

Comment by Toad (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 20:53

A labra-doodle? :0

I love insomnia cookies!! We

Comment by Oma (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 21:11

I love insomnia cookies!! We have one up by Syracuse University...best college chain ever.

Hey, this is random, but do

Comment by Jenny (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 22:53

Hey, this is random, but do you have any of the loldionsaur shirts left? My brother's birthday is upcoming!

A change of Subject Youmacon 2011

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 06/16/2011 - 23:01

Welp i was wondering if it will be possible for you to get out to Youmacon 2011 in Michigan it will end up being my first convention and i am a big fan of yall's web comic. I am a terrible person and decided to take it upon myself to invite you to it. xD
But at least i am not the only one with random comments. lol I am also interested in the Loldinosaur shirts

It's funny 'cause I look

what

That's what I said.

Comment by Ananth Fri, 06/17/2011 - 11:24

That's what I said.

I had to chuckle at

Comment by Kit (not verified) Sat, 06/18/2011 - 17:02

I had to chuckle at "heat-fridge" too. I'm in the food industry myself & we've always called that sort of equipment either "proofer" or "hot-hold".

Hot-hold, aha. Thanks!

Comment by Ananth Sun, 06/19/2011 - 12:48

Hot-hold, aha. Thanks!

If you have to eat those

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 05:28

If you have to eat those words I hope they taste like delicious cookies.

Stick to yer guns, mane!

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 07:04

I'd buy it. Snickerdoodle sounds like a very plausible dog-breed to me.

Little known fact..

Comment by Danielle (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 08:48

A Snickerdoodle is when you breed a Snookie and a Poodle *nods*

Wouldn't that be called a

Comment by Azzy (not verified) Sun, 06/19/2011 - 04:58

Wouldn't that be called a Snoodle? :)

Lela looks so cute... Is it

Comment by Hablabajabla (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 09:13

Lela looks so cute... Is it bad that I'm infatuated with a comic character I've seen just once?

Nope, or I hope not as well.

Comment by maldar (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 13:49

I was short of wondering if all their female friends are as cute as she draws them and as well as which ones might be single.

First things first

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 19:17

We have to get Ananth to marry Yuko.
I even had thoughts of drawing a fancomic where John dreams of burning their wedding. Next morning Yuko asks if he slept well. Slowly and calmly he says "Yes." with a slight smile. End caption:
Please don't sue me.

But of course they are real people and therefore I can't do it.

Can personally vouch that

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 20:31

Can personally vouch that Lela is one of the most adorable girls ever. Pretty and witty as well.

Yeah, Penn has an Insomnia

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 10:22

Yeah, Penn has an Insomnia Cookies place too. They are very good.

Oh no...

Comment by Coffeepillow (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 11:23

First there was Poptart Cat, then there was Snickerdoodle Dog...

When will this world end it's obsession with the fusion of sweets and pets?!

That's awesome! We actually

Comment by Enigma (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 12:56

That's awesome! We actually have an Insomnia Cookies down here by OSU campus. Fantastic cookies every time. :3

Wolfy Dog!

Comment by Justin (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 13:51

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamaskan_Dog This is probably my favourite breed of wolfy dog that i've so far discovered >.>

AH HA! I was just thinking

Comment by Noni (not verified) Sat, 06/18/2011 - 15:52

AH HA! I was just thinking Tamaskans when he mentioned wolfy dogs. :D They are gorgeous.

And if you want a wolfy dog in miniture... Alaskan Klee Kai <3

My favorite breed overall.

Seeing as I'm not American:

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 15:27

Seeing as I'm not American: I don't get it. Could someone shed some light on that joke? Because I have no idea what it has to do with cookies.

Any dog mixed with a doodle

Comment by Ananth Fri, 06/17/2011 - 18:04

A dog mixed with a poodle becomes a _____-doodle (as in labradoodle, etc.) This is a snickerdoodle

oh, thanks for the

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Sat, 06/18/2011 - 09:07

oh, thanks for the explanation, Ananth. Hmmm.... they look like they'd taste quite bland.

As both a baker and a dog person:

Comment by Dogs love cookies too (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 17:41

I am here to let you know that there is a third type of person in the world: the kind that bakes a ridiculous amount and shares them (on the sly) with the dogs she also knows a ridiculous amount about.

Cookiesa

Comment by NEysa (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 18:24

ZOMG Insomnia are amazing! Total concurance there. Also you should try this place called Milk, it's on 13th st, i think, near like 3rd ave, they have great cookies and different types of milk

Snack Pets!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 18:25

Here's another one for a snack pets shirt:
(Butter)Scottish Fold cats!

It was actually kinda cute.

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 19:14

Mr. Full o' Sugar and Nothing Else.

I got my CMYcat shirt today!~ I want to post a picture later :3
Sooo cute.

3 years of comics in one night

Comment by Brendan (not verified) Fri, 06/17/2011 - 23:53

Dear god I just read every single comic and it was probably the most productive 3 1/2 hours of my summer. With great displeasure I reach the end, but now my excitement can build between comics. These are hilarious/adorable/indoctrinating. Kinda reminds me of Scott Pilgrim style, which after reading all the novels and watching the movie for the 8th time, is a fantastic thing. Thank you so much for these, can't wait for the next comic.

I know about dogs, cookies,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 06/18/2011 - 17:54

I know about dogs, cookies, and dog cookies... Also, one dog named Cookie, but I chalk it up to coincidence.

No overlap. Ever.

Comment by Skie (not verified) Sun, 06/19/2011 - 03:13

Let's just hope NY doesn't get a repeat of that 90-100 degree day (June 9th! Aggghhh!) and keeps on with these nicer days.

That said, i've been in your exact position in being on the cookie side of things. I only know dogs by "Oh! See that dog there? I like that kind!". Cookies usually don't last long enough to be named, but I can retroactively name them!

I accidentally stumbled onto

Comment by WD (not verified) Mon, 06/20/2011 - 00:20

I accidentally stumbled onto Insomnia Cookies a few days ago! It was 1 am and I was trying to find my way to the bar my friend was at, when suddenly I saw it - a cookie shop that stays open until 3 am. I spent the last of my cash on cookies. I freaking love New York.

Ahhh, we have Insomnia

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 06/20/2011 - 14:50

Ahhh, we have Insomnia Cookies here in Ithaca, and snickerdoodles are my favorites!!!

rawr, cookies

Comment by K (not verified) Tue, 06/21/2011 - 11:37

So Ananth..mr all knowledgeable of cookies...I need cookies ideas! Tired of baking choc chip, white choc chip macamadamia, snickerdoodles, apricot, and snicker cookies....I need more to add to my repertoire :D

Betty Crockers Ghost!

Comment by Sheeo (not verified) Fri, 06/24/2011 - 21:16

Betty Crockers Ghost! O_O

Someone knows my pain!

YcbAwrKzbPGtHt

Comment by Ronalee (not verified) Sat, 06/25/2011 - 09:20

So true. Honesty and everything recgonzeid.

PNDzVREoSxvDxrLyF

Comment by isvrkugd (not verified) Sun, 06/26/2011 - 03:04

kM3N1x uzewoddzuums

jGSVoDTOEh

Comment by SEALGENWOLF (not verified) Tue, 07/05/2011 - 20:28

auto insurance xicm car insurance quotes :-DD

microchips for dog

Comment by condo for rent near naia (not verified) Sat, 06/02/2012 - 04:05

I don't get this. “ New York weather has been
surprisingly nice! I hope I don't eat those words.
It's been tough to stay inside and work when that rare
pleasant weather is a-callin.
" Could you please enlighten me on this?

dog microchipping

microchips for dog

Comment by microchips for dog (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 07:56

I don't get this. “New York weather has been
surprisingly nice! I hope I don't eat those
words. It's been tough to stay inside and work
when that rare pleasant weather is a-callin.
" Could you please enlighten me on this?

dog microchipping

Cookies and dogs.

Comment by Kitsumaharu (not verified) Mon, 10/15/2012 - 06:36

Well I know quite a bit about both topics, so that makes me... not human? Hahaha.