We've been sitting on this one for a while! These are the things we notice when we're out and about, especially Yuko. Admittedly, the super tough Dora the Explorer guy with his daughter was heart-meltingly cute ... his daughter skipped along holding his hand, and he had to jog a little to keep up. Aw.
I finished the existing Song of Ice and Fire books. My assessments (no spoilers, and keep them out of the comments as well please):
- Game of Thrones - Fun, fresh! Enjoyed it.
- Clash of Kings - Okay, it had the momentum of Game of Thrones working for it.
- Storm of Swords - Easily my favorite book of the series. The last half is like being on a log flume, but instead of water there's blood, and you're screaming but it's tough to tell if it's because the drop is so high or that the other passengers are trying to kill you.
- Feast for Crows - Just didn't grab me. I finished it, but it was a slog. I know it was originally part of a bigger book that was split in half, so I'm looking forward to reading the other (hopefully better) half.
- I talked about Game of Thrones a little more in-depth on Tumblr, but I've found that a lot of the things that I liked about GoT (like the brevity) disappeared in later volumes.
I'm reading Hunger Games now - I'm only a chapter and a half in, but I love it so far.
What're you guys reading? Something good I hope! See you Thursday.