Back from Connecticut!

We're still catching up after CTcon, so we're just uploading Yuko's sketches from her recent visit to the Natural History museum.

Speaking of CTcon, thank you everybody who stopped by, nice to meetcha! And thanks to all 2300 people who filled the room for the Super Art Fight! Yuko won the headlining match, and she was pretty ecstatic about the whole thing. Here's a photo (apologies to Bryan Lee O'Malley),

(photo credit: Chelsea Edwards)

I'll try to post some more as we find them. The starting topics were Scott Pilgrim and Harry Potter, and at some point there was some Magic School Bus in there. Sad sharks? Snorks? Some other stuff, I forget.

Those of you that have outstanding orders from us, we'll be shipping them some time this week - sorry for the delay!

That's all for us! Catch you Thursday.

Comments

Congratulations on the win

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 17:14

Congratulations on the win yuko! I wish I could have seen, but there's the small problem of not having money and living in Finland. Anyway, congratulations again.

Congratulations Yuko! I

Comment by Suri (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 17:38

Congratulations Yuko! I would have totally watched the super art fight, but my schedule did not allow for it. But it was awesome to be one of the first people in the dealers room to greet you! I love my new Maw patch!

Dude, you were awesome! I

Comment by Davyn (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 17:56

Dude, you were awesome! I was holed up in the Artist's Colony most of the con, and I was sad I couldn't come see your booth! But, I was in the Masquerade, so I got to see the art fight right before! It was super cool! My favorite part was when you had to draw yourself as a super hero!

aaaaaaah i forgot y'all live

Comment by anonymous (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 17:59

aaaaaaah i forgot y'all live in new york! i'm living there for a few weeks, too... drawing stuff in the natural history museum is actually on my list of things to do!

Very much enjoyed meeting

Comment by Siobhan (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 19:38

Very much enjoyed meeting you both! I hope that Kittens dvd was as awesome as it looked.

Was really hoping to see the

Comment by Caroline Martin (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 20:37

Was really hoping to see the upside-down skunk. Alas! But you got my favorite: the huge-antler skeleton dude. Congrats on the win!

Funny that you should post

Comment by Jess Graham (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 21:47

Funny that you should post that today, I'm interning in New York and there was an intern trip to the Natural History Museum this afternoon. It would have been pretty cool if you had been there today and we had gotten a chance to see you. I'm still kinda hoping I run into one or both of you guys somewhere before I'm done here for the summer though! Maybe I'll get lucky :)

That's not creepy..... ha ha

Comment by Anii (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 21:57

That's not creepy..... ha ha j/ks

Ahhh I'm so mad I didn't get

Comment by Anii (not verified) Tue, 07/12/2011 - 21:56

Ahhh I'm so mad I didn't get to go this year~! Super Art Fight is so awesome~! ^^*

- Ooh, ooh - one of the beasties!

Comment by Nigel-63 (not verified) Wed, 07/13/2011 - 02:50

... Coelacanth, yay!

... (that is all)... `8 ),

Familiar Faces

Comment by Olvidado (not verified) Wed, 07/13/2011 - 16:25

The two on the left look surprisingly familiar.

Gorgeous ink sketches~!

Comment by Laur (not verified) Wed, 07/13/2011 - 22:00

Congrats on the win, Yuko!

And you manage to convey so much depth and fluidity your sketches! :3 Thanks for sharing them.

Pictures

Comment by Jason (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 02:10

hey guys I hope you remember me from the con, guy with the tattoos? I was wondering if you had any of those pictures that was taken with Ananth with my tats? I would really like to see them if you know where they are. Thanks =)

Hey man! I'll try to find

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/14/2011 - 14:47

Hey man!

I'll try to find them! I have to remember who took them ... if you e-mail me then I'll have a way to contact you, should I come across them.

Congratulations Yuko!

Comment by WindyShrimp (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 03:20

Longtime reader, second time commenter. I had to write a big CONGRATULATIONS to Yuko! Also, thanks for visiting my boring-ass hometown of Appleton, WI for Kitsunecon. If you get a chance to come out to Oahu, Hawaii (where I am now) for Kawaiicon I'll be sure to come and see you!

Heh... well done! :-) And -

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 03:23

Heh... well done! :-)

And - those are sketches? With a fibre-tip pen or something from the look of it? (Or a pencil with the contrast turned up to 11)

Live, on the scene, as you were walking around?

I... just.... wow. I'm in awe.

Lepthocephalus

Comment by Lupus Draconis (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 20:44

I know you guys have a new page up but this one is more relevant. Let's hope it doesn't get lost in the dregs of the internet.

As a fellow lover of critters, I thought Yuko might be interested in this, if she hasn't seen it already. It's an eel larva.

One of my favorite things

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/18/2011 - 23:41

One of my favorite things about this comic is the NYC references. AHH!! I can't believe I recognize the animal poses in that picture! I've been to the natural history museum too many times..

inspired!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/21/2011 - 00:14

Thanks to these sketches, my friend and I were inspired to give it a try ourselves so we made our way to the Museum of Natural History armed with sketchbooks and pencils. I love that I recognize most of the animals in their poses too!!!

We drew way too many deer-like animals, and giggled excessively at the walruses.