JW Facebook page!

JW Facebook page!

Thu, 07/14/2011 - 15:06 by Ananth in response to good thing we just took up rock climbing

We've basically got the hang of the NYC subway system, service changes and all ... but every once in a while it throws us for a loop. What're ya gonna do.

Okay, so ... I set up a Johnny Wander Facebook page and I think I got it right? Anyway, I'll try to post updates to it whenever a new page goes up ... hopefully I'll be able to keep that going, we'll see. If it gets a good response I'll put some extra effort into it!

I think that's it for us! See you next week!

Comments

I think you can link the

Comment by Remy (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 15:33

I think you can link the facebook to your twitter so when you post a new page notification there, it'll show up on facebook ;o

I'm not sure of all the details, but it's something to look into =]

Well, I guess you also

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 15:34

Well, I guess you also could've hung around and waited til 2012. But the world might've ended by then, so I guess that's not very reasonable!

Oh yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Comment by SpookShow (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 15:34

A Johnny Wander Facebook page! This makes me happy. The comic does, too. :)

I've been there

Comment by Melissa (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 16:01

...literally. Seriously, Smith and 9th is like a freaking ghost-town. I think if I'd come down to find it boarded up, I would've started looking around for zombies. I use the N/R line nowadays, it's much better than the F/G.

We usually just hop off at

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/14/2011 - 17:42

We usually just hop off at Carroll St. these days - it's a pleasant walk past all those shops. But yeah, the N/R are so much nicer!

I just saw your post on the FB page from a while back, but I can't reply to it? Just wanted to say, we ♥  Squishable! I'll have to check out Three of Swords when I have some free time. :)

Nice! just be careful about

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 16:05

Nice! just be careful about those subway mole people. Perhaps you can find Yuko's arm.

Smith-9th is the WORST.

Comment by Dave (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 16:19

Smith-9th is the WORST. Hated that stop every day I lived on the F line, especially for it being the last stop on the G. WHY COULDN'T THE G JUST GO ONE STOP FURTHER. ALL I NEEDED WAS 4TH AVE.

For whatever reason really tall/really deep subway stops irritate me in a way not many things do. I work on Saturdays, so I've had more than my fair share of weekend construction work with "OOOPS. Didn't mark that the subway was closed today! Have fun going back up the stairs and finding another stop, sucker!" moments.

I sympathize.

SERIOUSLY. SCREW THE F & G

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 19:43

SERIOUSLY. SCREW THE F & G TRAINS ARRRG

inorite

Comment by NameyNamerson (not verified) Mon, 07/18/2011 - 17:48

I haaaaate the F. So. Very. Much.

"This is a Brooklyn bound F local train. The next stop is: You're never going to leave us. Ever. c:"

You guys are teaching me one

Comment by Sarah (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 19:45

You guys are teaching me one day at time why I never want to live in a big city.
But then again, living in the country makes me kinda paranoid...
(car driving down my quarter mile drive way)
"This flash light will be a good mace..."

WTF.

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 20:12

They let passengers off at a closed station?

What. No, seriously, what the eff?

O rly

Comment by Kat Lo (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 20:29

My job is just off the next stop after smith and 9th street at 4th and 9th. The closing of the stop took off 30 seconds of my commute ^_^

yup

Comment by KaT J Adams (not verified) Thu, 07/14/2011 - 20:48

This is the MTA and it's motto: More Time Alloted. At least you haven't been in a train that -hit- someone (you don't want details). I remember the doors opening into the wall at 14th Union Square on the N once. That was... special.

Eh, you just take it in stride and break a few minor laws.

Every time I visit my

Comment by Anii (not verified) Fri, 07/15/2011 - 01:15

Every time I visit my friends in NYC, something like this comes up. When I live there, I'm not sure how I'm going to figure my way out of stuff like that.. so climbing over things seems like something I'd totally do too.. xD;;

Big Fan, Small Question

Comment by Alice (not verified) Fri, 07/15/2011 - 02:29

Hello, I've been a fan for awhile, just love your comic!
I actually have a question for Ananth: Is applegeeks on hiatus or canceled or what? Should I remove it from my reader and quit waiting? I can't find any news on it.
Much appreciated~

Years later....

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Fri, 07/15/2011 - 06:18

Numerous people who got stuck inside the station create a tribe, hunting down scrape of foods from leftovers and drinking water from the oasis, aka plumbing.

This new indigenous people led by a couple who they refer as gods, Ananth the non eyes and Aido the paper sorceress.

I don't buy it

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Fri, 07/15/2011 - 08:02

I don't buy that you two haphazardly climbed over a barricade. I'm quite convinced that it involved either some running/jumping/Jackie-Channing parkour stunts, or Yuko drew a gun that turned real from the power of your collective imaginations and you leveled an entire city block.

Love it

Comment by Zatchmort (not verified) Fri, 07/15/2011 - 11:43

Yaay, Facebook! *is a fan*

Also, I love this strip.... it's Yuko's "what." that does it XDDD

I'm surprised there were no

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/15/2011 - 12:59

I'm surprised there were no warnings that it was closed :(

So I know Everyone isn't on G+ (being in testing still and all) but you should go there instead of FB :P Haha just a personal opinion! Or maybe go there too :D

Anywho! I just love your guys work and I always look forward to seeing more.

wow

Comment by minimusminor (not verified) Fri, 07/15/2011 - 17:16

So how long did it take you guys to get the hang of the subway? We don't have one in NZ but I lived in Auckland for six years and never learnt much about the bus system. Maybe you can give me pointers :3

Great page as always!

aaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment by Skie (not verified) Sat, 07/16/2011 - 04:18

Oh man, normally the MTA is pretty quick at getting out that "STATION CLOSED" tape over EVERYTHING they can possibly get it on to block people from getting up to barricades like that. Maybe I just havn't been around enough of the subway to have had this happen to me...

...or maybe I just don't ride the F or the G enough to run into this. I didn't even get to ride the G when it went to Queens... and now it's gone, man! Doesn't go up there anymore! :|

I'm kind of tempted to make a trip out to see this magical partially closed subway stop-- though it's probably fully closed by now. Sigh.

Murphey's Law

Comment by HM-Alyx (not verified) Mon, 07/18/2011 - 08:05

You just have to love the MTA for that sort of thing. I moved to Brooklyn just over a year ago and if I've learned one thing, I've learned that the subway is like Murphey's law. Whatever stop you're planning on going to, they've done something to it/are skipping it. (And most of the time you don't see the flyer until you're already on the train).

On the bright side, that usually means ADVENTURE! (And Adventure usually means waffles, pie, bubble tea or beer in the end).

Facebook page

Comment by mlm advertising (not verified) Mon, 07/18/2011 - 09:48

It would be very informative to view your facebook page from now on, ha ha

sightings?

Comment by Anonymous04 (not verified) Mon, 07/18/2011 - 23:27

every get called out by readers?

No doubt it's really a great

Comment by double cut saw (not verified) Fri, 10/21/2011 - 01:58

No doubt it's really a great article and I felt really great going through your blog post. Great to read more articles from your side.