True story

True story

Thu, 07/28/2011 - 16:35 by Ananth in response to that one time we drag-raced hulk hogan

He stopped at the next light one block up and waved to us, before peeling out around the corner (in his truck). He looked like a young Hulk Hogan. I'll always remember him.

Yuko's Tumblr contest to win a $20 gift certificate to Hey Chickadee is still on! It ends August 2nd, at which point one reblogger will be chosen at random.

The latest orders are all out the door! You should receive a tracking number some time tonight.

That's all I got. See you next week!

Comments

FIRST COMMENT! WOO WOO!

Comment by Socks (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 16:47

FIRST COMMENT!

WOO WOO!

Somehow he (in your

Comment by Foe (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 16:48

Somehow he (in your depiction) looks like Francis of left4dead to me. Which Francis would totally do, just to because he has fun being a jerk. (People are weird. I can totally believe this actually happened.)

oh my god i can't stop

Comment by Parisa (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 16:55

oh my god i can't stop laughing

Me neither! I can't breathe!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 21:31

Me neither! I can't breathe!

Lol

Comment by Lightlybow (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 17:11

Amazing. I love people. :) This sounds exactly like something my grandpa would've done as a young... trucker?

Wow

Comment by RobotMaster3 (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 17:41

What a douchebag. I hate people like that who think the road's their playground.

For some reason

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 18:11

you guys manage to attract the weird yet awesome sort of people.

Where on earth...

Comment by Skie (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 18:24

Where-- Good lord where did this happen, anyway? I'd love to know what part of the city gets these sort of crazy memorable people. Certainly not midtown Manhattan, right? ('cause they all stick to the subway stations, man!)

On my road bike (before it

Comment by Xsjado (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 19:31

On my road bike (before it was stolen grrr) I could normally beat most cars off the line and keep up with them on the flat for a while. Topping out at 35kmph so still not enough to stay with them for long. I guess it works better in the UK where we don't have as many straight roads. Still fun seeing the looks on some peoples faces when a bicycle is keeping pace with them. On the downhill though our club had some funny situations where we were travelling above the speed limit and a car overtakes us just because they figure someone on a bike couldn't possibly be going that fast. One of them got pulled over by the police for speeding once. Fond memories...

Oh God, are you by any

Comment by Nemo (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 19:51

Oh God, are you by any chance Kintaro Oe from Golden Boy?

...

Comment by Tia (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 22:05

So jealous.

And then...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 22:44

The guy probably got a speeding ticket. XD

That. Is. So. AWESOME. This

Comment by C. Ellis (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 22:59

That. Is. So. AWESOME.
This made my day. I can't stop laughing. ^__^;;;;;

...

Comment by Raptorix (not verified) Fri, 07/29/2011 - 00:10

In a box truck? Really? Damn!
This poor fool must have been upset that a grandma sedan could out-accelerate him. Finding some cyclists was probably his only way to feel like he was 'faster' than someone. c.c
So. Weird.
Crazy New Yorkers!

Terrible. Cyclists' life

Comment by Emily (not verified) Fri, 07/29/2011 - 01:13

Terrible.
Cyclists' life isn't easy, especially when people like that are on the road. I've had a few close calls.

LMAO. Panel three makes this.

Comment by Nilah (not verified) Fri, 07/29/2011 - 01:27

LMAO. Panel three makes this.

Road bike?

Comment by Oscuro (not verified) Fri, 07/29/2011 - 04:33

Ananth rides a road bike? What kind? :D

The Nesting Doll necklace I

Comment by Caster (not verified) Fri, 07/29/2011 - 06:55

The Nesting Doll necklace I ordered arrived in the mail and my girlfriend loves it! Just thought I'd share :)

Hmm

Comment by Route 03 (not verified) Fri, 07/29/2011 - 10:13

I'm not sure why, but I found myself reading everything that guy said in Gilbert Gottfried's voice.

ahahaha

Comment by Link8 (not verified) Sat, 07/30/2011 - 00:52

man! i cant stop laughing XD
and of course Ananth would still be wearing his hat

alt text

Comment by Jason (not verified) Sat, 07/30/2011 - 16:49

I was just looking at homestuck, so that alt text reminded me of gamzee... creepy.

I need to get back into bicycling.

lol

Comment by Sharkbait (not verified) Sun, 07/31/2011 - 09:00

i totally had this happen a few times. most of the time its men thinking im a little kid who wants to get picked up by some man... but yeah.. and ill pretend im super fast and stuff and ill be going at their speed and then they go 70 and im in the dust and im like D:

wow

Comment by Cloe (not verified) Sun, 07/31/2011 - 21:40

Get the stick out of your ass, RobotMaster3

This is hilariously awesome. <3

Heh.

Comment by Claus (not verified) Mon, 08/01/2011 - 14:10

This is the best story.

HEY. HEY HEY HEY.

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Mon, 08/01/2011 - 17:23

It's been two months! My CMYcat shirt still never showed up Dx
How would I get the tracking number? I don't even have my own paypal.

Interesting post. I have

Comment by Web Hosting (not verified) Wed, 08/17/2011 - 04:14

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this topic, so thanks for posting. I’ll definitely be subscribing to your site. Keep up the good posts

Very nice story i really

Comment by alabama pets (not verified) Thu, 08/25/2011 - 13:42

Very nice story i really very like it. i really appreciate that. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read.I’ll definitely be subscribing to your site.