Surprise kitten

Surprise kitten

Thu, 08/04/2011 - 17:27 by Ananth in response to the extended ballad of laundry cat

Surprise kitten happened a month ago, and flipped our life upside down for a few weeks. We initially weren't sure if we were going to keep her, but then she and Rook became pals so that decided that. I'm sure we'll post some more comics about her in the next few weeks!

Oh, I just wanted to say ... you guys are my bros. Thanks for believing me about that wasp.

That's it for now! Catch you next week!

Comments

D'AWWW

Comment by SharkBait (not verified) Sat, 08/06/2011 - 18:14

D'AWWWWWWWW shes so kute!!! i must show you mine! XD

So you go to the laundry and

Comment by Maymi (not verified) Sat, 08/06/2011 - 23:24

So you go to the laundry and get a cat. I think that's a win in my book. Any reason they didn't want her anymore? That's kind of sad. ):

Anyone else notice that

Comment by Nopad (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 01:32

Anyone else notice that Laundry Cat's photo made it look just like Hella Jeff?

I'd probably name her

Comment by Mandy (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 02:32

I'd probably name her 'Knight' to compliment 'Rook' if it were up to me. My own cat's name is Misty, mostly because I couldn't get my family to agree on anything cooler.

How come?

Comment by Chance (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 05:09

SHE IS SO CUTE I LOVE TUX CAT'S SO MUCH! You guys are so lucky D:

I'm curious as to why they wanted you to take her so badly! Not that it's a bad thing of course! She looks so sweet! I'm just wondering XD

does the cat have a name?

Comment by tabby (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 10:33

does the kitty have a name? +_+

aaaaaaa so cute! <3 I am

Comment by J-chan (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 10:57

aaaaaaa so cute! <3 I am actually legitimately excited about you getting this cat, haha. I was dying about how adorable she was before.

NOT Junpei

Comment by whatahootowl (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 11:43

Ananth is cooler than Junpei, but not as suave as Akihiko. idk. just had to put my two cents in there.

Those eyes... They are

Comment by IDizzy (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 12:59

Those eyes... They are like.... it is like a sugar-glider and a cat had a baby! Super cute!

Race

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 13:33

Do someone know the cat's race ?

how exciting! : D

Comment by Xekstrin (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 14:20

how exciting! : D

awww :D

Comment by Michelle (not verified) Sun, 08/07/2011 - 15:57

I wish someone would give me a kitty when I wen't down to wash my clothes. But sadly me and my BF live in an apartment where we are not allowed to have pets :C
I envy you so much! She is so adorable, love her eyes :D

Why didn't you name her

Comment by gabriel (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 00:06

Why didn't you name her Laundrocat?

Surprise kitty is beautiful,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 01:38

Surprise kitty is beautiful, so excited to see more about her.

TOTALLY reminds me of Jiji

Comment by robinite (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 06:48

TOTALLY reminds me of Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service (see here: http://www.hanamiweb.com/jiji.jpg) even though she's not fully black.

Have you named her yet? If not, I vote for Jiji ;)

oh wow

Comment by therizein (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 18:44

when i got my kitten my mom named him jiji after him <3 even though he's a tuxedo cat and kiki's jiji is all black
it was mostly because of the ears

Accidental Second Cat

Comment by Zakiru (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 09:41

This actually happened to me... I was living with a girl who brought home a kitten, and she wasn't really that great of a cat-mom. Then, as I was moving out, she kind of passed the kitten to me and said, "He likes you more than me anyway."

I was going to find him a new home, but by then he and my Bombay had become buds and I couldn't split them up. It's sort of hard to explain 'accidentally' acquiring a cat, isn't it?

Those peepers are massive!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 14:38

Those peepers are massive!

Awwww!

Comment by Harry (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 18:18

That's the most adorable fucking thing I've seen all GOD. DAMN. DAY. What's 'er name?

Any Insight in to suprise cat?

Comment by Holem (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 22:25

Any insight in to why they gave you the cat?

I can hazard a guess that the laundry place shut down.

either way super cute cat ^^

I bet that she was a stray

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/09/2011 - 11:04

I bet that she was a stray that wandered in because laundromats are warm, and the people that worked there weren't able to care for her.

Adorable

Comment by Edamus (not verified) Mon, 08/08/2011 - 23:20

That cat is adorable. Glad to hear that Rook and Surprise Kitty are friends!

Yeah, that's happened to

Comment by diTaykan (not verified) Tue, 08/09/2011 - 01:41

Yeah, that's happened to me... only it was a group of homeless people downtown, and instead of an older kitten, she was three weeks old. They'd had her for eleven hours and were trying to feed her slices of pepperoni off of a pizza piece just because they didn't have anything else. I'd only intended to keep her overnight until I could get her to a no-kill shelter. She's still here.

Funny how the universe works, eh? Dropping these tiny babies who need homes in our laps...

Sounds like you needed her

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/09/2011 - 06:14

Sounds like you needed her just as much as she needed you.

*cough* You could just keep

Comment by diTaykan (not verified) Tue, 08/09/2011 - 01:42

*cough* You could just keep calling her Laundry Cat.

D'aww

Comment by GothyBeans (not verified) Tue, 08/09/2011 - 09:06

Ohhh, it was clearly meant to be. She's so cute!
I love how her eyes are so wide.

Congrats on the new kitten,

Comment by Olivia (not verified) Tue, 08/09/2011 - 22:00

Congrats on the new kitten, guys! Tuxedo cats have awesome personalities and are very loving. My own little guy chirps, too, usually when he's purring or looking for someone. Enjoy! :)

Oh my goodness, she is so

Comment by Rayna (not verified) Wed, 08/10/2011 - 01:46

Oh my goodness, she is so GORGEOUS.