Bouldering!

Bouldering!

Thu, 08/18/2011 - 18:07 by Ananth in response to save yourself

We started climbing a few months ago with our friend L! We go to a gym that mostly specializes in indoor bouldering (although they have some belaying walls). The way it works is that there are molded plastic holds affixed to the wall, and the holds are all marked with different colors - each color represents a route, and each route is marked with a difficulty level. Anyway, there's been a kid's camp there for a couple of weeks, which is adorable - but they don't give a damn about safety! To be fair, I didn't either when I was 7. Kids are made out of rubber, right?

Positive reaction to the idea of a livestream! We'll announce it on Twitter - here's our handles again:

ananthymous

aidosaur

And we'll try to do it more than once, in case you miss the first time.

There are thunderheads rolling in, so I'll sign off here! See you next time!

Comments

That one hand/foot hold in the lower right corner.

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Mon, 08/22/2011 - 11:55

It is rolling its eyes at me.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Comment by Izzy (not verified) Mon, 08/22/2011 - 19:28

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's all like "pshaw"

Bouldering FTW!

Comment by Ed (not verified) Mon, 08/22/2011 - 12:43

You guys were already cool but you're over the top in my book now. I LOVE that Yuko drew herself flagging. What level are you at? Munchkins hang out at my climbing gym in L.A. too and it's disheartening when one of them monkeys up a route that I've been failing at for the past hour.

OH! Oh.

Comment by Devlosirrus (not verified) Mon, 08/22/2011 - 22:33

I seriously thought this was some kind of mushroom trip.

L's face in the last panel

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/24/2011 - 16:16

L's face in the last panel is epic.

I love this! I'm working at

Comment by Courtney (not verified) Thu, 06/21/2012 - 20:45

I love this! I'm working at a climbing camp this summer and lordy, kids really come in stampedes. Actually, correcting myself, I love ALL your comics. <3