Lela!

Lela!

Thu, 09/01/2011 - 16:01 by Ananth in response to watch your language

Kids are wacky! And Lela works with them at the daycare, so we always get stories at the end of the day. Lela's been in a quite a few of the past comics, so we figured it was about time to do one of these with her (Cricket will get one too, eventually, for those who asked). Lela is our most recent roommate and also, among many things, a book maker! And her books are really nice, with nice thick paper and heavy board or leather covers and handdone bindings. She'll be selling them at her table with Evan at SPX, so check 'em out.

Speaking of SPX, we'll give you guys the table details next week! As far as what we'll be bringing, think books, t-shirts, catmera charms, and prints, lots of prints. If there's a print you'd like from us and you know you'll be at SPX, send me an e-mail and I'll see if I can't make an exception for you.

That's all from us! See you next week!

Comments

This needs to be a T-shirt.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/05/2011 - 23:25

Seriously. I would totally buy a T-shirt that had "You're a crazy pizza. With extra cheese!" on it.

Time warp?

Comment by N.A.O (not verified) Tue, 09/06/2011 - 14:07

So it might just be me, but doesn't 'lil Crazy Pizza kid look like a four-year-old version of John?

Well actually, there's this song...

Comment by Kit (not verified) Thu, 09/08/2011 - 08:55

by a Canadian childrens' entertainer, Charlotte Diamond. And she does in fact sing about being a pizza. Maybe Lela should teach it to the kids at preschool?

question...

Comment by Honey (not verified) Fri, 09/09/2011 - 03:15

how do u say lela's name? is it Lay-La, or Lee-la?

I had an interesting student like that

Comment by Jason Anderson (not verified) Thu, 12/22/2011 - 00:08

His favorite insult against people was : "SHUT UP STUPID BEAN BURRITO!" Among me and my counselors we started to just call everyone a bean burrito. Then he came back the next year with "DANG IT DO A BARREL ROLL!" Seriously we know he doesn't know what he's talking about, but it's great to see the older kids just go "Uh... WHAT?"

I hope the kid is alright.

Comment by TheNikus (not verified) Sun, 06/10/2012 - 12:51

I hope the kid is alright.