A TAURrent of activity

A TAURrent of activity

Tue, 09/13/2011 - 15:05 by Ananth in response to spx-taurs

Hey everyone! SPX was a lot of fun, but we spent most of yesterday on the road and we're TAURtally tired ... so today's update is just doodles from Sunday night, some lesser known Taurs for your amusement. Thanks everyone who came by and bought something and/or said hello - pleasure to meet you all!

Yuko also did some drawings of Jade, the three-legged pug who delighted SPX. Take a look:

That's all from us! We'll catch you Thursday!

Comments

I thought I was the only one

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 15:34

I thought I was the only one obsessed with coming up with and sketching taurs.

also awesome: centipedetaur, mothtaur, velociraptaur.

tur-taur? or would it be

Comment by Noah (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 15:55

tur-taur? or would it be taurtle?

Oh man, definitely Taurtle.

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/13/2011 - 16:22

Oh man, definitely Taurtle.

No, Tur-taur sounds better.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 17:10

No, Tur-taur sounds better.

Taur-toise

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 23:18

Taur-toise

Centaurpede?

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 10:35

Check out the pokemon Scolipede :D

Pikataur

Comment by whatahootowl (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 17:13

Yay Pikachu fan art! It was nice seeing you, Yuko at SPX! I had a great time! :D
-Ashley

Pugtaur reminds me of

Comment by RVK (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 18:13

Pugtaur reminds me of Legschilla.

Doctaur? Nah, that was taurible. :[

Taur of babble [sic]

Comment by kaitou (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 19:55

Looks like you're having a taurential downpour of taurs.

Pugtaur!

Comment by Fia (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 20:02

The long lost brother(or soulmate?) of Legschilla!! =D

Legschilla

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 01/30/2012 - 13:53

I had that exact thought. Legschilla is awesome.

Taur-taur sauce?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 21:18

Taur-taur sauce? Taur-annosaurus Rex? Taur-antula, oh wait...

Sometimes I realize I'm in

Comment by Landry (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 22:05

Sometimes I realize I'm in public after I laugh maniacally to myself about these.

The Taur-taur must feed

Comment by JTSkibbles (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 22:44

The Taur-taur must feed through it's feet like an andalite!

Oh my...

Comment by DaemonCorps (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 02:23

I dunno if I should be excited or weirded out that I got the reference. o_0

This mythical 3 legged pug

Comment by Jade F Lee (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 22:59

This mythical 3 legged pug name-jacked me and I didn't even get to see it the entire time I was there!? I must've been blind! Ergh.

Hi there, I'm Joy, aka

Comment by Jade's Mistress Joy (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 18:18

Hi there, I'm Joy, aka Jade's manager/mistress/personal therapy human who brought her around to the con... she was only there on Sunday, and you may have missed her because between all the lovin' she got, Jade was sleeping on shoes under the tables of the various artists we visited that day. It's awesome to see how many artists, staff, and attendees enjoyed her presence at the con, and how much homesickness for other peoples' pets that a few minutes with her improved!

I bet Jade loves tummy rubs.

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 08:20

I bet Jade loves tummy rubs.

Comment by Joy (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 19:26

they are her favorite thing in the world.

Heehee

Comment by Raptorix (not verified) Tue, 09/13/2011 - 22:59

Pugtaur looks like the relative of Legschilla. :D

hmmm

Comment by Black Ice (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 00:17

Cat-taur, octo-taur (octaur?), si-taur...

Heh... hehehe

Comment by DaemonCorps (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 02:21

For some reason, I imagined you guys laughing a-la Beavis and Butthead in the last panel. You guys are just awesome like that, I guess.

Adorable

Comment by alwayslurking (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 03:48

Gui-taur particularly.

...an anti-centaur? Top half

Comment by What about... (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 03:56

...an anti-centaur? Top half is a horse from the neck up, bottom half is a man from the waist down! At last now you can do something with all those leftover centaur bits.

Tardis-taur! With Doct-taur!

Comment by Dotcom (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 05:05

Tardis-taur! With Doct-taur! XD

Had to go there. :)

Gui-taur! Stop playing with

Comment by Tmpp (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 07:51

Gui-taur! Stop playing with yourself!

So much win.

Comment by Spodmaster (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 08:57

That whale-taur is possibly one of the most freakishly amazing things I have ever whitnessed.

I like making...

Comment by EiceBleu (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 09:57

I like making up 'hippo-'s(part horses)... I draw hippocampi quite often.

That gui-taur seriously made

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 13:05

That gui-taur seriously made my day.

I think the world is ready

Comment by Gentleman Bones (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 18:15

I think the world is ready for 50 Centaur, the hardcore gangster rapper/horse.

Taur-ette syndrome?

Comment by Yagami (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 18:40

Taur-ette syndrome?

Pugtaur should definitely

Comment by Dart (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 21:01

Pugtaur should definitely hang out with Legschilla.

Gui-taur reminds me of the

Comment by DropDeadPoet (not verified) Wed, 09/14/2011 - 21:33

Gui-taur reminds me of the first volume cover of Bizenghast (which I need to finish reading! TO THE INTERWEBS)

Cac-taur?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 00:55

Cac-taur?

Twittaur!

Comment by LaserSwords (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 02:11

Twit-taur! Half horse, half 70 characters!

hee hee hee, my favourite is

Comment by Cake (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 05:02

hee hee hee,
my favourite is whale-taur~~

Question

Comment by Nickie V (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 08:07

If I use Beartaur in my next D&D game would you guys mind?

Cool comic!

Comment by 13thprotector (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 09:12

Oy o, just found this cool comic not but like a yesterday ago, have to tell ya how cool ya guys are. But still, how the comic goes is in the path of awesomeness, keep up the cool work and I'll keep trying to figure how to get my stuff on the interwebs, we artists should stick together and draw something really cool together... but that's just me.

I'm shocked that no one's

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 11:43

I'm shocked that no one's mentioned that taur(os) is Greek for bull. Horse and human halves don't make sense here! This is TAURrible! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This makes me happy

Comment by Tyler Whitworth (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 14:53

I think the whaletaur is my favorite

Mo-taur-cycle

Comment by Conan_Edogawa (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 20:47

i started watching Blassreiter yesterday, and in the very firs episode I saw an enemy monster fuse with a motorcycle, reminding me of this comic.

If you did the same idea

Comment by Mr. MacRoss (not verified) Wed, 09/21/2011 - 12:37

If you did the same idea twice, would it be retaurded?