Conrad's current timezone is IPT: International Party Time

We realized it'd been a while since Conrad's been in JW (he moved to Queens so he could be closer to work), and that got us thinking ... just what IS Conrad up to these days? He was in Taipei for work, but during his off-hours he made friends with people at a local bar - surprising none of us, who know that if there's one person who could befriend anyone human or alien, it's Conrad. He's back in NYC now - welcome back man! Hope the trip was good.

I just did inventory, so take a look at the store if you feel so inclined! There's a possibility that some of those sizes you were looking for have been relisted. Mawzantine Crest shirts have been put on sale for $10! And there are some more Catmera charms up now.

That's all from us! See you next week!

Comments

Hmm, he reminds me of my

Comment by Black Ice (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 15:41

Hmm, he reminds me of my uncle.

COOONRAAAD

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 16:11

I miss you.

I miss you too, Kilimbo! I

Comment by conrad Thu, 09/15/2011 - 23:02

I miss you too, Kilimbo! I miss you too!! T___T

con-yay

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 08:18

Conrad rules!

hnn, travel.

Comment by 13thprotector (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 16:13

Of course running around like that is fun, have to admit, but travel music makes it all better. I maybe young, but I personally listen to Durran Durran when I travel, or any other 80's stuff. Now for a funky question, what's you guy's favorite music to jam out to? Old rock, Alt. Rock, rap, country, smooth or cool jazz, etc?

When I'm travelling I

Comment by conrad Thu, 09/15/2011 - 23:03

When I'm travelling I generally listen to BT's Laptop Symphony radio sets! This took me through an 18 hour flight! (Twice!)

...

Comment by 13thprotector (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 08:05

hnn, well, I've never heard of them, my server won't let me see it, but I bet they're cool!

Laptop Symphony

Comment by Misteline (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 20:16

Thank you, Conrad! I checked this out and it is Awesome!

Inventory

Comment by Brendan (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 16:55

After reading the post I went over to the store and noticed that the Mawzantine Crest shirts are all sold out except Men's XL and Johnny Wander Vol. 1 Special Edition are nearly sold out too. I'm sure you will get more shirts but will there be anymore Special Editions of the book? If not I guess I can settle for the Regular Edition and not throw ALL my money at you guys.

Screw it

Comment by Brendan (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 19:35

I just bought myself an early Winter-Holiday-of-Your-Choosing and I regret nothing. I am going to loose my mind in 3-4 weeks!

It came early!!

Comment by Brendan (not verified) Wed, 09/21/2011 - 22:21

and so did I, (sorry couldn't resist) but after I ordered volume 1 it said it would take 3-4 weeks and with you guys going to DC I expected it to be longer. It showed up two days later and my body was not ready. I guess living in Philly helps but I like to think it arrived faster because the truck was powered by your sheer awesomeness.

Woo!

Comment by Worst (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 17:48

Yes, Taiwan represent!

Taipei is awesome man. They

Comment by conrad Thu, 09/15/2011 - 23:04

Taipei is awesome man. It has all the convenience of a major Aisan city with none of the cost. Also: Taiwan in general is the best country I've yet traveled to. (I've been to four.)

You know what, that's it,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 11:22

You know what, that's it, I'm going to live there. What languages did people speak? I've been obsessing a little over Taiwan since I heard about the cheap restaurants a few months ago. I'm a born expat since I was actually born while traveling through various countries.
The only issue for me is the language barrier.

There's a local Taiwanese

Comment by conrad Sat, 09/17/2011 - 17:08

There's a local Taiwanese language, but compliments of some political turmoil in the 50's and 60's Mandarin is the go-to language in Taiwan. I got along "okay" with just English (hi, hello, Taipei Main Station), but espeically if you want to order legit Taiwanese food you'll be greatly benefited by knowing Mandarin. (Even just a little!)

Bought something, I don't feel guilty now

Comment by dryr (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 17:50

I have loved 3 comics in my life. The first was richie rich (along with Dot and lotta inserts), scott pilgrim and good old JW.

The Mawzentine shirt sale made me bite to support this great art style while simultaneously facilitating my cheap-ness and fondness for powder blue t-shirts!

P.S. Look into publishing a Kindle version of Vol. 1!

I'll keep Kindle publishing

Comment by conrad Thu, 09/15/2011 - 23:05

I'll keep Kindle publishing in mind! Of course I can't commit, but it's something I've been meaning to explore.

You're all so awesome!

Comment by This Guy (not verified) Thu, 09/15/2011 - 17:51

I want t meet all of you! You all seem like amazing people who are so much fun to be with! One day I hope to meet you guys (and girls!)

Seriously, you all seem so incredible. No matter how normal you think you are, someone finds you spectacular. In this case, i find all of you spectacular.

:D

Seconded!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 11:23

Seconded!

Heyyy, got a quick question

Comment by Silarial (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 00:23

Heyyy, got a quick question for you guys. Will you guys be at NYCC again this year?

My family knows the bar

Comment by Andi (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 03:55

My family knows the bar people in Chilis in Taipei. We go there every saturday :D

Is that the Chili's near

Comment by conrad Fri, 09/16/2011 - 10:33

Is that the Chili's near Neo19? I walked past it like a thousand times, but my boss would glare at me deeply every time I mentioned going to eat at a Western joint, haha.

That's one of them, but we

Comment by Andi (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 00:51

That's one of them, but we go to the one in Tienmu. The one by Neo19 is really good though, but that's too far down town for us. The one in Tienmu, people will remember you if you drink more than 4 beers (hence why my family is well known)
But! at the one by Neo19, a local girl works there. Her english name is Moose. No Joke

Aw yeah! I was up in Tienmu

Comment by conrad Sat, 09/17/2011 - 17:10

Aw yeah! I was up in Tienmu for a day. Also, yeah, what's up with those weird English names some people pick? I met a dude whose English name is "Lucifer." I actually had to choke back my laughter.

I have yet to figure that

Comment by Andi (not verified) Sun, 09/18/2011 - 03:02

I have yet to figure that out myself.

conrad

Comment by kinokashi (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 08:26

hehe, my friend went to college with you guys, and knows conrad too :)

Oh snap, whozzat?

Comment by conrad Fri, 09/16/2011 - 10:33

Oh snap, whozzat?

Andrew Kane,

Comment by kinokashi (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 14:03

Andrew Kane, "Codemaster"

He's friends with you on your fb :)

Oh, Kane! Yeah man he's

Comment by conrad Fri, 09/16/2011 - 14:07

Oh, Kane! Yeah man he's awesome; he occasionally gives us Riot goodies!

Hehe, he is awesome, he

Comment by Kinokashi (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 18:00

Hehe, he is awesome, he recently took me to a FF orchestra concert. He doesn't work for Riot anymore sadly :( but landed another job for another gaming company up in San Francisco.

Taipei bars

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 10:28

Living as a foreigner for 6+ years in Taipei, I have to say making friends at the local bars is probably easier than one might suspect. There are a great deal of foreigners at the bars - a foreign population distribution much higher than the norm for the island - so one is bound to find another fellow chum to chat with.

That said, people of Taiwan are generally very nice and interesting. Bars or no bars, some good conversation can be had - though a working knowledge of Chinese will go a long way.

Regarding the picture, in terms of authenticity, it is missing a few skinny Asian girls, but a fun comic nonetheless.

Oh, and GO TERPS! ; )

Dude, yeah. The Taiwanese

Comment by conrad Fri, 09/16/2011 - 10:38

Dude, yeah. The Taiwanese people are some of the most polite, helpful and just generally good people I've ever encountered. I definitely mean to learn at least basic Mandarin before I head out there again though; it was definitely a hinderance at times not knowing the language.

Also you're probably right: there weren't generally many women in this pub (that I could tell?), but there were generally one or two hanging out at the bar. I generally just shot the shit with the other expat dudes tho, haha.

You call this a comic? This

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 19:37

You call this a comic?

This is not a comic.

You are not a comic. Herp

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 20:13

You are not a comic.

Herp Derp.

Alternate dialogue for this

Comment by Miriam (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 19:37

Alternate dialogue for this comic would be, "I wonder where our eyes are."

o__O

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/16/2011 - 20:22

CONRAD'S IN TAIPEI?
aw, if school hadn't started for me I'd still be back there. I hope he enjoys it! :3

Was! Just got back. Great

Comment by conrad Sat, 09/17/2011 - 17:09

Was! Just got back. Great place though, loved every minute of my month there.

That's Taipei???

Comment by ??? (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 14:29

Looks like a stereotypical Brooklyn bar to me.

Qualification

Comment by ??? (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 14:52

That was intended to Yuko, not Conrad. (C'mon, we know you can do better than that! :P)

Clarification

Comment by conrad Sat, 09/17/2011 - 17:06

Actually, she drew it exactly to spec! The name of the bar in question is The Speakeasy: an expat pub run by a smashing Irish dude named Nyle. And yes, it is a very "traditional" pub, and looks much like any most any other Irish pub you'd hop into.

TAIWAN REPRESEEEEEENT

Comment by kouya (not verified) Sat, 09/17/2011 - 23:55

SUPAH REPRESENT. WE TAIWANESE ARE DA BOMB.

Everytime I see artists or cool people or just anyone online that I follow going to Taiwan I'm just like FYEAAAAH TAIWAN'S THE BEST.

Best place to easily travel around in and STUFF YOUR FACE WITH DELICIOUS FOOD.