Whoaaaaa!!

Whoaaaaa!!

Thu, 09/22/2011 - 16:05 by Ananth in response to dinosaur gesture drawings forever

Yuko took a trip to the Museum of Natural History in DC while we were in town for SPX, and these are some of the dinos she drew. My favorite is the allosaurus skull in the upper right corner. So sleek, it just needs a racing stripe.

Just a reminder, we're out of town so any orders made for the next 1.5 weeks will be shipped when we return to NYC! We're in DC for my best friend's wedding and it is getting c-c-c-crazy in here! We're out, catch you Tuesday!

Comments

Now where's the triceratops?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 16:10

Now where's the triceratops?

D'awwwww. That is the

Comment by Magistrate of Mediocrity (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 16:17

D'awwwww. That is the cutest Dimetrodon limbatus I've ever seen!

Love it!

Comment by Anii (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 17:21

I love that museum! I love how awesome Yuko is at anatomy and skeletons of animals/dinos

I think I see either a

Comment by Catfeinated (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 19:06

I think I see either a bowhead or right whale skull in amongst those dinosaurs ;) Gorgeous as usual Yuko!

My fav

Comment by FinalFantazC (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 20:12

Awesome Dinosaurs! That's my favorite museum. I live so close to DC so I've been there way too many times lol.

You should watch the series

Comment by Jeremy (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 21:29

You should watch the series premier of Terra Nova this coming Monday at 8. From what I can tell it about humans colonizing the past and living alongside dinosaurs. Everything my inner child ever wanted :D

Also, top left is a

Comment by Jeremy (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 21:33

Also, top left is a Camarasaurus skull and neck vertebrae.

Paleo Rage

Comment by Eric Metz (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 22:28

I watched the trailer for that, they better explain why there are grasses in the Triassic/Jurassic/Cretaceous, because there weren't actually grasses then!

Lol, forgot about that

Comment by Jeremy (not verified) Tue, 09/27/2011 - 18:51

Lol, forgot about that little fun-fact. Anyway, let's just assume that one of the previous pilgrimages brought grass seeds with them.

Gesture drawings of

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 22:13

Gesture drawings of skeletons forever and I'd still visit this site weekly. At least.

HOW DO YOU MAKE SKELETONS SO

Comment by Abby (not verified) Thu, 09/22/2011 - 22:30

HOW DO YOU MAKE SKELETONS SO EXPRESSIVE THAT'S NOT EVEN FAIR

DIMETRODONNN

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Fri, 09/23/2011 - 06:16

I managed to take a trip there. :D I'd always wanted to go to the natural history museum. We spent too long there. XD

New Background!

Comment by Patrick (not verified) Fri, 09/23/2011 - 09:06

That's the sort of thing I like to see when I boot up the ol' computer.

I love spending days in the

Comment by Li Grabenstetter (not verified) Fri, 09/23/2011 - 11:11

I love spending days in the Smithsonian, sketching...
My only question is, how did Yuko manage to get any sketching done in the dinosaur hall? The oceans exhibit sure, but it's always so packed near the dinosaurs! X) You're getting swallowed in a wave of stampeding children all the time.

Whoa.. just whoa

Comment by ColdFusion (not verified) Fri, 09/23/2011 - 18:32

these are amazing.. they look 10 times better than the real thing. It reminds me of that Dinozaurs show except not retarded and instead, completely awesome.

You inspire me to draw

Comment by noodles (not verified) Sat, 09/24/2011 - 03:09

You inspire me to draw dinosaurs!

So Yuko's best friends

Comment by Kathrina (not verified) Sat, 09/24/2011 - 09:13

So Yuko's best friends married and your best friend is getting married.
You realize where this is heading?

Comic Con

Comment by Matt (not verified) Sun, 09/25/2011 - 12:08

Are you guys going to have a booth at New york Comic Con? I would love to come by and say hi. (and buy a shirt of course.)

Jurassic Park

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 09/25/2011 - 15:33

Somewhat relevant, they were showing Jurassic Park in the cinemas this week in Ireland :D It was quite awesome to watch it on a cinema screen again!

Giant Ground Sloth!

Comment by Eleanor (not verified) Sun, 09/25/2011 - 17:04

The Giant Ground Sloth is my power animal! Any time I was on the Mall I had to stop in and see that guy. There's a nice spot off to the left that's perfect for sketching the one that's standing up. One of these days I'd like to take a bigger sketchpad and do it justice.

Dinosaurs!

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Mon, 09/26/2011 - 12:37

Did you guys hang out with Aaron Diaz again? I heard he likes dinosaurs.

Light Dinos

Comment by Angela (not verified) Mon, 09/26/2011 - 15:41

Just wondering if you guys had see these...

They are really cool and I immediately thought of Yuko.
Keep up the great work!

I cant even believe it

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/27/2011 - 05:18

In my art class we're just starting gesture drawings. This are so unbelievably amazing it hurts me D:

many of those aren't dinosaurs

Comment by Derek (not verified) Sun, 10/02/2011 - 13:08

At the risk of sounding like a pedantic jerk, it looks to me that fewer than half of the sketches are of actual dinosaurs. The first four certainly appear to be, then she has a Dimetrodon which is a mammal-like reptile from the Permian. After that, it appears to be a proto-horse...maybe Miohippus (mammal), a whale (mammal), a ground sloth (mammal), and a pterosaur (non-dinosaurian reptile).

That said, really beautiful sketches!

derp

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 12/20/2011 - 21:50

I was gonna say the same thing--I cannot hide the nerd within.