NYCC this weekend!

This discussion is closed: you can't post new comments.

NYCC this weekend!

Thu, 10/13/2011 - 13:29 by Ananth in response to stoppit, cat-dad

Hey guys! We're at NYCC this weekend, tabling with Becky and Frank of Tiny Kitten Teeth! To find us, walk through Aisle 2500 to Aisle P from the front of the show floor. We'll be on the left! Here's a map:

For context, here's the full map. Yuko's also signing with Graphic Universe (Booth #1140) on Friday from 2-3 PM and Oni Press (Booth #1236) on Sunday from 11-11:45 AM. Come by, say hello, we'll have books and other stuff to bring you! See you there!

Comments

All right. I'll say it:

Comment by Magistrate of Mediocrity (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 13:53

D'awwwwwww!

Awww!

Comment by Cecona (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 14:07

You just gotta love the older cats that act all parent like to the younger bunch. I used to have a large long haired cat named Socks (Though we called him Tacos for some reason) and the other cats, mostly the females, would go up to him and he would start licking and grooming them. So cute!

...that makes me wonder if

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 17:27

...that makes me wonder if the grooming is done in a fatherly kind of manner or in a creepy uncle kind of manner.

I can fully agree. Having

Comment by shadowrider (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 18:17

I can fully agree. Having two cats(both male), one 11 and the younger one a little over a year old. They will groom each other but play shy if you catch them in the the act, as well as the older one teaching him the ropes around the house.

Comment by FoE (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 15:35

AWWWWWWWWW! Kyoooot!!!

Unoriginal Comment

Comment by Suri (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 16:21

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Okay done with that.
One this note, First noise Cricket as made in the comics that isn't a trill!

Yo.

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 16:30

This comic rules! And it's my birfday.

Thanks for the birthday present. :D

AWWWWWW

Comment by Katie K. (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 18:27

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING

Speaking of kitties...

Comment by Ahi (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 18:45

"Mommm~ You're messing up my mane!"

Awwwwwwwwww

Comment by Black Ice (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 19:24

Also, I'm going to try to get there this weekend! >:3

Aww. That reminds me. I just

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 21:02

Aww. That reminds me. I just got a month old kitten last week(neighbor found it and I took it in) my cat Harley warmed up to her, and always cleans her. They're so cute together.
Did somebody say pictures? I think I heard somebody say pictures.

PICS

Comment by Ducky (not verified) Fri, 10/14/2011 - 10:44

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics or GTFO.

Sorry... I just had to do it. D:

IN B4/SUM1 AX 4 PIX

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 10/15/2011 - 05:51

IN B4/SUM1 AX 4 PIX

Awwww!

Comment by Crystal (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 21:52

D'awwww! So cute!

Yup!

Comment by Anii (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 22:42

Totally happens to my two cats! haha this is awesome!

That reminds me of my cats

Comment by Walter (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 23:26

My family use to have a tuxedo colored cat who would groom the two younger cats. If they didn't hold still or tried to run off, he would put them in a head lock and occasionally kick them if they struggled until he was satisfied with the job.

THIS!

Comment by Shawn 'the girl' (not verified) Fri, 10/14/2011 - 22:34

I had an older cat, also a Tuxedo (his name was Moo!) and he'd do the head-lock-bunny-kick-you-ain't-clean-yet! thing too!

oh cats

Comment by deva713 (not verified) Thu, 10/13/2011 - 23:32

I have two cats. One is a 6 year old male named Turtle. The other is an almost 5 month old male named Ash. Turtle is afraid of everyone but me and occasionally my mom and boyfriend. Ash thinks everyone exists to love him and play with him all the time. Ash ADORES Turtle. Turtle... not so much. It's hilarious because Ash does everything he can to be as close to Turtle as possible. Eating right next to him and at the same time, laying down next to him, jumping on his head... And Turtle just runs away. Oh cats, haha!

So so cute!

Comment by Terri (not verified) Fri, 10/14/2011 - 00:29

Reminded me of when my cat gave birth to a litter, and one of the male cats in the house occasionally goes inside the box we have prepared to the kittens, and sleeps there, like keeping them safe and warm when their mama's away.

Though I'm pretty interested on the side story about this comic. Yuko didn't mention any.

^^

Comment by Tanja (not verified) Fri, 10/14/2011 - 03:23

Our two are exactly the same. The younger one never want the older one to groom her. I wonder when she'll start liking it.

D'awwww

Comment by Bluecho (not verified) Fri, 10/14/2011 - 12:38

I remember when they were enemies. Now they're family! :D

"Shut up Cat-dad! You're not my real dad!" Anyone remember? It involved boats!

My younger brother used to

Comment by Sam (not verified) Fri, 10/14/2011 - 15:42

My younger brother used to have a cat that would groom and need peoples hair if they were lying down. It was funny but kinda awkward when you'd wake up in the morning with your hair smelling like cat breath and all tangled into a ball on one side of your head. ._.

Why must you keep making cat

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/14/2011 - 18:31

Why must you keep making cat comics? I can't figure out which one to use as my desktop background to make me happy at work!

oh my god

Comment by Jn (not verified) Sat, 10/15/2011 - 17:43

I love your cats .3.

I feel like this

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Sun, 10/16/2011 - 01:41

I feel like this Rook/Cricket strip could be printed as stickers. :3

My two cats do exactly

Comment by Cid (not verified) Mon, 10/17/2011 - 05:16

My two cats do exactly this!
They are both male, and brothers, but from different litters. The older male will bathe the younger male, but the younger male will get annoyed and fight back. The older doesnt take no for an answer (and even though they are the same size!) and will HOLD him down and bathe him regardless. This usually results in a cat-brawl.

Even funnier, the younger male getting the bath doesnt need it, he is very clean and meticulous. Its the older one that is always dirty and matted!

comicon!

Comment by Ceschiii (not verified) Mon, 10/17/2011 - 10:14

so glad i was able to catch you guys at comicon! i had the most amazing time and getting to meet you guys was really the icing on the cake (or however that saying goes)! thanks for signing my book and i hope the rest of your weekend went well!! :]

My bro mike really liked you

Comment by Jillian (not verified) Mon, 10/17/2011 - 11:35

My bro mike really liked you Ananth, My friends surprised me cause i couldn't go with a signed book <3

My older cat Jet did this

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Tue, 10/18/2011 - 12:22

My older cat Jet did this when we took in a stray litter of kittens. At first I was afraid he'd try to eat them or something, but when he did finally find them he started grooming them and acting all motherly. O-o The one we called Loki would jump all over him and Jet would just lounge around like "whatev's, kid."

P.S. And all the kittens found new homes, yay! :3

It was fantastic! I agree

Comment by top rated websites (not verified) Mon, 11/14/2011 - 01:02

It was fantastic! I agree with most of what you’re saying here and the way you’ve presented it is awesome. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post.

I can't be the only person

Comment by Magica "Dumbledore" McAwesome (not verified) Fri, 03/09/2012 - 07:08

I can't be the only person who's noticed that Rook is missing a leg in the last panel... Right?