An internship opportunity at Oni Press!

An internship opportunity at Oni Press!

Tue, 11/08/2011 - 17:56 by Ananth in response to jw vol.2 cover

Here are the inks for the cover of volume 2! We are delivering the last of the book files tomorrow, and if all goes according to plan we'll have them in time for the holidays. Will keep you posted!

A lot of you send me e-mails asking about how to get into comics, including people who aren't illustrators or writers. Here is a great opportunity: 2012 Internships at Oni Press! Here is a quick clip:

An intern interacts with every department of the company but will also choose a focus department they desire more knowledge about. These focuses are:

Editorial
-We teach you specific details about editing sequential art including comic coverage, story development, copy editing, book mapping, and proofing.

Design & Production
-We teach you specific details to the design and production of a title including technical skills, ad design, logo design, cover & spine design, and interior book design.

Sales & Marketing
-We teach you specific details to the sales and marketing of a title including generating models, convention planning, creator signings, sales analysis, and developing marketing plans.

This is a chance to get some real, substantial knowledge on the inner workings of a comics publisher, and a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the publishing side of comics. Here's a Tumblr post for you guys to reblog if you think your friends might be interested. I can tell you from personal experience that these guys are really nice and totally ready to put your enthusiasm to good use.

See you Thursday!

Comments

Did anyone else see all the

Comment by Warp2063 (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 18:07

Did anyone else see all the happy faces in the building to the left of Yuko...?

:D

Comment by gale (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 18:08

Ehehe, I love it! The attitude! The crisp lines! The side-of-building smileys!

Also man what I'd give to be in school right now. Will pass this along!

I Can't Wait >w<

Comment by djSARS (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 18:15

any ideas on what the special edition for vol. 2 will be?

Wow!

Comment by Jojo (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 18:20

1) YAY VOL 2! Excited!
2) YAY comics internship! So sad I didn't hear about this before I graduated. Definitely letting the graphic novel society at my old school know about this :D

VOLUME 2?!

Comment by Jonmkl (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 18:26

AAAAAHHH! JOY!! XD

Hi person that commented after me

Comment by Jojo (not verified) Thu, 11/10/2011 - 20:06

My name is Joy in real life and I thought you were someone I knew. But you weren't.

Yuko is the tiniest giant.

Comment by Omnithea (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 19:07

Yuko is the tiniest giant.

Vol 2!!!

Comment by ChristineA (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 19:22

Wow! The cover design is awesome. :D Looking forward to snagging a copy!

John is the most giantest

Comment by Sam (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 20:05

John is the most giantest giant.

"This is a chance to get some real, substantial knowledge on the inner workings of a comics publisher, and a great opportunity to... " slip out a copy of JW V.2 of course >:3

Good luck with vol. 2!

Comment by James (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 20:22

Good luck with vol. 2!

The cover looks amazing! I

Comment by Myrah (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 23:01

The cover looks amazing! I am very excited to hold this book in my hands.

So angry!

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 23:21

I'm sorry but John immediately steals the spot light of any image that he is in for me. His expressions are always so poignant, I can tell exactly what he is thinking.

They always make me laugh, so I've been trying to not look at him and save him for "the finale", if that makes sense.

It's very beautiful cover image! Thanks for posting up the internship information, I would totally apply for it if my school wasn't a complete super giant tosser when dealing with internship credits and doing more than one internship. Also, last semester of senior year @_@. Maybe i'll be able to do it for three months once I graduate, the experience is still valuable!

Cheers!

Amazing

Comment by Bai Usagi (not verified) Tue, 11/08/2011 - 23:28

The cover looks amazing! The perspective, all the little details, the line weight, it all looks great.

This cover is pretty kick-butt!

Comment by The Overcast (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 00:41

I'm liking the cover! It definitely has a "sequel" feel to it(if that makes ANY sense at all)!
As for this Oni-Press Internship deal... I dunno if that would be a good or bad idea for me at this point in time. I would definitely want to know more about the other side of comic-book production, but I also would like to spend that time getting better on the creator's side now...
It's all a bit flustering right now...
I dunno...

JOHNZILLA IS NOT AMUSED

Comment by Nelumbo (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 01:13

I'm a print production major in school right now, so those internships sound pretty awesome to me. Thanks for the info + link!

also the book cover is SO BEAUTIFUL! What do you mean, it's only the lineart!?
/stares in awe
//FOREVER

The cover reminds me of a

Comment by Marina (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 05:22

The cover reminds me of a level in the game 'Psychonauts' :)

I am so ridic excited about

Comment by Rayna (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 05:33

I am so ridic excited about the new volume. The most excited!!

And suddenly they where all Giants..

Comment by Andreas Wiik (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 07:53

Lovely cover, love the composition of it <3

AHHHH

Comment by Olivia Mustain (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 07:53

Thank you so much for posting that information on the internship! I've been freaking out for a while now about it. Congratulations on Volume 2!

It's so sad

Comment by Anonymous G (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 09:55

That Oni Press is located nowhere near me.

This is the most awesome

Comment by Tirinka (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 11:52

Anyone else notice the tiny face on Conrad's hair? ;D I remember that comic.

Retcon

Comment by Sam (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 20:54

I heard Yuko went back and added tiny eyes to Conrad's hair on every comic he's in.

:D

Comment by DannyHellcat (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 15:55

Really nice, I like it a lot.

Love the front cover!! It's

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/09/2011 - 21:36

Love the front cover!! It's great! Do you guys plan on attending TCAF in 2012 and will you guys be bringing these awesome awesome books?

Oh, gosh, that's pretty

Comment by Kunenk (not verified) Thu, 11/10/2011 - 05:41

Oh, gosh, that's pretty adorbs!

I can tell someone wants my

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/10/2011 - 08:23

I can tell someone wants my money.

THEY KEEP MAKING THINGS I WANT.

So....

Comment by Kassafrass (not verified) Thu, 11/10/2011 - 17:08

So are your books published through Oni?

Inerneship?! o.O

Comment by Kotsuso (not verified) Sat, 11/12/2011 - 04:57

Holy craaaaap this sounds awesome! Being a freshman in college limits my schedule a wee bit, but I'm totally signing up for the summer internship =D So flippin' cool! Huge thank you for this.

internship*

Comment by Kotsuso (not verified) Sat, 11/12/2011 - 04:57

internship*

Admiring the persistence you

Comment by Brendon Matamoros (not verified) Sun, 05/27/2012 - 15:24

Admiring the persistence you put into your website and detailed information you offer. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information. Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account. Brendon Matamoros