Party time

Party time

Tue, 11/15/2011 - 21:50 by Ananth in response to party cone

Cricket got spayed! She's doing fine, just adjusting to her new party cone. Imagine Man in the Iron Mask, but instead it's a cat trapped in a Lady Gaga costume. She gets to take it off in 2 weeks, I think she's looking forward to it.

A note on the store: a while ago we were offering the Dark Horse Presents featuring Callie Eats Feathers with a print - I just added an option that is just the book without the print. We'll also be adding a print of this Death and Cecilia illustration to the store later this week, so keep an eye out for that.

I think that's all for us! It's getting closer to the end of the year, which is when the work really comes in big waves ... but we'll keep updating! See you Thursday!

Comments

Cute!

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 21:56

I remember when my black lab Ranger had to lose his "manly bits." Unfortunately our hallways were way too narrow for the collar, so my dad went out and bought what is the equivalent of a blue floatation device that went around his neck. It worked really well actually.

Though I still won't forget my dog looking up at me with that stupefied "I'm still coming off the anesthetics" look.

Do you know that graco

Comment by Sam O'neal (not verified) Tue, 04/24/2012 - 07:29

Do you know that graco duoglider double stroller is an excellent double stroller for your children. It is perfect for both infants and for pre-schoolers.

Attach some lights to the

Comment by Aww (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 21:58

Attach some lights to the ends of it and you can have a real party!

My cat was supposed to be in

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 22:52

My cat was supposed to be in a cone for a week after being spayed but was only it for two days. Licked the scar away, and is a happy kitty today.

Oh, dearie <3

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 22:54

Aw, I love Cricket! It was so suspenseful when you wouldn't reveal her name.
What a great choice for a print! I used that picture as iPod wallpaper... Prolly should have asked permission first... ^_^;

Funny, but necessary

Comment by Walter (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 22:57

Back when our tuxedo cat, Angel was stressing he was scratching the crap out of his neck and ears to the point he had to have a cone put on. As necessary it was, you could tell he didn't like it much. Partly due to the fact that it was to large for him. After he managed to do his traffic cone impersonation, we went and got a smaller one. He still had trouble getting use to it as he would constantly bump into things, getting stuck in/out of his liter box or his personal favorite, being hand feed, because his cone wouldn't allow him to eat/drink without making a mess of things.

Cricket...

Comment by Otakop (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 23:38

Cricket, a snowcone of cuteness.

poor baby! It's always

Comment by FoE (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 23:43

poor baby! It's always sad/funny when they get coned. But it's great that she's spayed.

cones!

Comment by Bizz (not verified) Tue, 11/15/2011 - 23:52

When our cat got fixed, within about 2 hours, she was pulling the stupid cone off. put her face done on the floor, wrapped her paws around it, and yanked her head out. We could not tight it tightly enough on without choking her. So she just didn't wear the cone, and we had to watch her all the time. Thankfully she didn't bother the incision site.

No one I've ever talked to has had a cat do this. I would be impressed if I hadn't had to spend a week watching her 24/7.

re: cones!

Comment by Kdle (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 19:35

I've never posted before, but I have to now, to reply to this.

My cat did that too. I brought her home, made sure my older and bigger cat wouldn't harass her, and left her to adjust to her coned-ness. About half an hour later she wandered into my room and innocently hopped into my lap...cone-free. I went and found it, put it back on, and in a few hours it was gone again. I tried a third time, she got out of it again, and this time I couldn't find the cone for days.

I kept a close eye on her, but she never messed with the stitches, and healed up just fine. I didn't think much of it at the time, but I have never since heard of a cat being so averse to the cone they turn into Houdini.

U need update cast page. has

Comment by Brugobar (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 00:17

U need update cast page.
has new people and cats that have appeared in history and are not there.

Totally reminds me I need to

Comment by Noni (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 01:15

Totally reminds me I need to get Tali spayed. :o We got her months ago, but they're indoor cats so I kinda put it off...

Zoey was really good when we get her done. She didn't try to mess with the stitches at all, but after a few days it was hard to keep her calm. All she wanted to do was tear around the house with the kitten madness (why do they have to do this with their claws out? ._. )

Please don't put it off any

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 11/20/2011 - 14:58

Please don't put it off any longer. From experiance by working at a vet clinic. I often see owners that do that end up having a house full of kittens. When they go into heat they'll do EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING to find 1000's ways to get out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh god, it's

Comment by deva713 (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 02:36

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh god, it's so true! My boy Ash is getting neutered this Thursday but he'll be lucky to not need a cone ^_^

Wait... is this the name reveal or did I miss it?

Comment by Spaceosaurus (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 04:14

Cricket. That was my first cat's name.

The revelation of Cricket

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/17/2011 - 05:30

Oh my god, those cones - our

Comment by Anna (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 04:30

Oh my god, those cones - our cats have both worn them at different points in their lives (both spaying and for various injuries), and they're hilarious and sad at the same time. XD

Our younger cat gets freaked out beyond belief by them - when our older cat wore them, the younger one would run and hide and be utterly terrified for the duration.

... of course, that might be because she's a silly creature who's scared of EVERYTHING, EVER, but still.

Anything pink and glittery

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 04:58

Anything pink and glittery and related to the subject of cats is surely picture-worthy. Hint, hint. :3

I agree... We need pictures

Comment by Dr3w (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 20:39

I agree... We need pictures of this cone!

Another vote for photos of

Comment by Nora (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 22:37

Another vote for photos of this alleged "party cone"! And of the kitten in it, of course.

4th'd glittery cone pics

Comment by Bizz (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 22:47

4th'd

glittery cone pics are a must.

Wait... I was supposed to

Comment by whoops (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 05:06

Wait... I was supposed to put a cone on my cat when I got it spayed? (Was never told) ............ Well, I guess nothing bad came of it... Except I missed out on a tiny cat with a cone on it's neck. You should post pictures to see what I missed. :D

It's okay. My cat wasn't

Comment by Sugar (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 12:36

It's okay. My cat wasn't sent home with a color, either, and she turned out just fine. She didn't even bother the stitches at all!

Depends on the suturing, if

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 11/20/2011 - 14:59

Depends on the suturing, if you don't see sutures on the spay site oftentimes the doctor won't recommend and ecollar because it won't bug them. If you do see sutures, then they'll recommend it.

My two cats did exactly the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 07:09

My two cats did exactly the same thing when they got fitted with those cones. It was hilarious and adorable all at the same time. I felt so bad for laughing at them though.

Whenever we had to put a

Comment by Historygeek (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 07:55

Whenever we had to put a cone on my dog Meg, for whatever reason, she would on purpose run into people or things with the cone on until we got so annoyed that we would take it off her.

Awww, poor Cricket! May we

Comment by Kinami (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 08:13

Awww, poor Cricket!

May we have a picture of the party cone? Pretty please? :D

ohh poor thing

Comment by Zetadar (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 10:07

hahaha poor cricket, i love the name, i once had a black kitty called Latika Du Panterosa wich i found crying under a car, she had her leg hurt, and i took her to the vet, and they put some sort of cask (more like a piece of wood with bandage around), and she couldn't move her leg for 2 weeks, it was not confortable for her

AWW!

Comment by Katsu~♥ (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 10:27

Poor Cricket! I'm glad she's doing well, though. So cute how she keeps running into things. :D

Spayde

Comment by the1truesushiboy (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 17:41

Good thing too. If Cricket weren't spade, you might end up with a full house... of kittens, that is.

The cone

Comment by Hannah (not verified) Wed, 11/16/2011 - 21:05

My best friend's dog was also just spayed, but we've been calling it "The Cone Of Shame"

When my youngest cat got

Comment by Nick (not verified) Thu, 11/17/2011 - 00:18

When my youngest cat got spayed it had to be put in a collar and she unfortunately is so small the collar would hit the ground when she had her head held high. It was so bad she would just lay on the couch with me all day long except when it was feeding time.

Oh man, I'm coming down off

Comment by Keleri (not verified) Thu, 11/17/2011 - 08:54

Oh man, I'm coming down off a terrible internet argument about spaying/neutering pets, so I just wanted to thank you guys for being awesome human beings and responsible pet owners.

Cricket

Comment by Keelan Geraghty (not verified) Thu, 11/17/2011 - 11:41

Hahaha, I love your cat comics the most, because I have four cats myself. Isn't it interesting they all have different personalities?

I have never had a cat who's

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/17/2011 - 14:29

I have never had a cat who's had to wear a cone for being sprayed or neutered O_o And none of them have taken out their stitches.

LOL

Comment by maldar (not verified) Fri, 11/18/2011 - 16:45

E-Collars are so much fun. My poor boy cat had to go through that twice. First for the snip-snip and then when he had to get a corrective operation due to crystal formations in his urine. So glad he is better now, I was worried there for awhile, but money well spent.

When my cats were spayed, my

Comment by Renee (not verified) Sat, 11/19/2011 - 19:25

When my cats were spayed, my mom took a couple old baby onesies, cut holes in appropriate areas, and shoved the cats inside. They loved them because they were warm and soft, and we loved them because they didn't pick at their stitches or run into things.

Great to hear that someone

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 11/20/2011 - 14:55

Great to hear that someone famous is doing the responsible thing for their pets. Thank you for being AWESOME!

team fortress 2

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 11/21/2011 - 23:43

TF2 PAAAARTEH HATS!!!

Man in Iron Gaga costume

Comment by ollwenjones (not verified) Mon, 12/05/2011 - 15:52

"Imagine Man in the Iron Mask, but instead it's a cat trapped in a Lady Gaga costume." -LOL. Brilliant juxtaposition.

Hmm it seems like your

Comment by Cletus Rumbach (not verified) Sat, 05/26/2012 - 04:23

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I'd really appreciate it. Cletus Rumbach