Dog and pony show

Dog and pony show

Tue, 12/06/2011 - 17:56 by Ananth in response to we are going to be best friends

Pretty sure that 'dog' escaped from the zoo! Don't tell anyone, he looked happy. Check it out, the books are here:

STORE INFO:

• All international orders must be in by TOMORROW, DECEMBER 7TH in order to guarantee that you'll receive your items by Christmas.
  • Johnny Wander Vol. 2: Escape to New York is now on sale! It's also available as part of a book pack with Johnny Wander Vol. 1 at a limited-time holiday $5 discount.
  • No special edition until next year! We unfortunately need all of our time to keep up with shipping.
    That's all for now!

Comments

Yay! And I see that Cricket

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 18:02

Yay! And I see that Cricket has made himself right at home at the top of the mountain =D.

Hm, I'm reminded of

Comment by Elwood (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 18:26

Hm,

I'm reminded of Azumanga Diaoh. Neat.

Yuko-chan

Comment by Nare (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 08:12

Now I can't stop picturing Yuko with pigtails.

...and now you can't either =3

Looks like a Newfoundland

Comment by Meer (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 18:34

Looks like a Newfoundland dog. My brother has one, and his kids ride around on it like a little pony XD

Funny thing is, there's a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 10:39

Funny thing is, there's a Newfoundland pony.

Yeah it was probably was a

Comment by Jubal (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 19:20

Yeah it was probably was a Newfoundland. I've had two, they're the nicest dogs, but they're HUGE.

Or a Tibetan Mastiff, or a

Comment by Jessica (not verified) Thu, 12/08/2011 - 00:22

Or a Tibetan Mastiff, or a wolf hybrid, or a random mix breed. :)

It's great to see Cricket

Comment by Jon Mohr (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 19:22

It's great to see Cricket making it's perch-iiiiiirrr-up there.

My guess for the dog is a

Comment by Leah (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 19:34

My guess for the dog is a Newfie too. If it were a Great Pyrenees she would have mistaken it for a polar bear instead. :D

Hee! Cricket has pointy

Comment by Organs (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 19:36

Hee! Cricket has pointy ears!

Horse Doggy

Comment by Tartary (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 19:58

When I was just a little kid I use to ride around on my neighbor's Irish wolfhound all the time! During the winter time we would hook our sheds up to him and take a ride in the snow. Luckily the dog didn't mind and the neighbor got a good kick out of it. It's seriously the best thing, ever.

The cats'll probably like

Comment by Shauna (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 20:17

The cats'll probably like the boxes even more when they're empty.

Cricket!

Comment by Alison (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 20:20

Is so cute. Also, the image of Yuko riding the giant dog is beyond cute.

Sup.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 20:36

"Sup.

Yep. Just checkin' out these boxes.

Mhm, these are my boxes."

Aww, yeah~

Comment by Anon C (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 20:52

Keep the books, I'll take the cat please.

JK, gah, I wish I had money~ DX I would buy sooooo many things from you guys.

I don't mean to contradict

Comment by Anomonom (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 21:30

I don't mean to contradict everyone, but judging by Yuko's shading, she could have seen a leonberger....a dog I want super bad.

I was going to suggest

Comment by Lissa T (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 11:50

I was going to suggest leonberger myself.
I remember seeing a pair of them out for a walk and all i wanted to do was hug them :) They're definitely big, shaggy pony-dogs.

Tallcat is tall.

Comment by Sean (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 22:21

Tallcat is tall.

You can tell that dog barks

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 22:41

You can tell that dog barks in capital letters and smiley faces. WOOF :D!!!!

Sled

Comment by Hugh (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 23:05

I thought of doing that many time when I was a kid. We used to put a cow halter backwards on our dog and hook him to a sled. Sit on the sled. Throw a stick. Weeeeeee!

The guardian of the books

Comment by KitanaiOkami (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 23:28

Cricket seems like guarding the boxes with her big big staring eyes. Just saw today a 10 month Irish Wolfhound and I also though it was like a little horse indeed.

Is there gonna be a book pack of the two special editions next year? I definitely be looking forward it.

pweese make a desktop of

Comment by Alex E (not verified) Tue, 12/06/2011 - 23:47

pweese make a desktop of that last image?

caucasian sheep dog

Comment by Alain (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 00:58

dog breeds

Comment by Leah (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 18:33

I'm pretty well versed on dog breeds but you have me completely floored. *goes to research the breed now*

Books here? Heck, I got the

Comment by White Rice (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 01:24

Books here? Heck, I got the notification that my stuff's been shipped already (as of 6:49 PM, crazy west coast time) Also, it looks more like Cricket is getting ready to pounce on something, and less like she's guarding her new tower. I think it's all in the eyes =0.0=

House horse

Comment by Nor (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 01:51

Dogs like that I affectionately call "House Horses." lol And man oh man do I want one! Lovely comic, as always :)

Hehe

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 02:38

I love those giant dogs!

Lucky Yuko being short enough to probably still be able to ride them comfortably!
Just kidding ~<3

I was looking into getting an Irish Wolfhound when I finally got my own place - and a Corgi.

Wolfhound and Corgi. Best match ever in my opinion.

My book is in that pile! Now

Comment by Q (not verified) Wed, 12/07/2011 - 14:28

My book is in that pile! Now it is on its way to meee! GO WEST YOUNG COMIC BOOK!

One of those books is mine

Comment by Arsnof (not verified) Thu, 12/08/2011 - 10:21

I WONDER WHICH ONE?

References

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/08/2011 - 15:16

Dog and pony show? Welcome to the herd!

this is very weird...but I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/08/2011 - 15:29

this is very weird...but I had a dream last night that Ananth proposed to Yuko and you made a comic about it and that comic was my dream. it was very cute. also I don't know why this was my dream at all. I am very sorry my subconscious featured your comic-selves in its twisted dreams.

in other news, I love Johnny Wander a lot, keep the awesome coming, everyone!

Yuko rides again!!!

Comment by Legendary Aric (not verified) Thu, 12/08/2011 - 16:12

Yuko is the original Warg Rider lol!

Detective Goku Mustang hot

Comment by Adam VM (not verified) Tue, 12/13/2011 - 18:11

Detective Goku Mustang hot on the case of "what the hell are these boxes here for".

I NEED THAT ANIMAL. NEED IT.

Comment by Puck (not verified) Tue, 12/13/2011 - 23:32

I NEED THAT ANIMAL. NEED IT.

MR. TADAKICHI!

Comment by Arsnof (not verified) Wed, 12/14/2011 - 13:33

MR. TADAKICHI!

oh god

Comment by Jena (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 06:44

is cricket included tell me she is

In all seriousness though, I've seen a dog that huge before, when I was younger. It was taller than I was. ;_;

Dog and Pony Show

Comment by Multifish (not verified) Fri, 12/30/2011 - 01:25

See, now I'm just waiting for the inevitable webcomic homage strip to MLP: FiM. Or have you already gotten yours out of the way? I can't quite remember...