Store rundown, Vol. 2 release party in the works!

Mandelbrot sets! In case you were curious and wanted to know more.

Here's the holiday rundown of stuff in the store!

We won't be adding anything new till next year at this point, as our hands are pretty full with shipping!

Also - this is pretty exciting - we're planning a JW:V2 release party in Brooklyn, NY for January! More details on that as they come.

Okay ... back to mailing stuff! Have a great weekend, catch you next week!

Comments

maaaaaaan...am SO tempted to

Comment by Bettina Marie (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 19:00

maaaaaaan...am SO tempted to order JW 2 now...but SO WANT the special edition!!! ^o^...I shall be patient and wait though....it'll be hard, but I'll somehow make it thru! XD<3

allseo

Comment by allseo (not verified) Tue, 02/14/2012 - 02:25

Microsoft Office 2011 mobile computing on the go easier Microsoft Office 2010 with access to all your Download Office 2010 settings in one place and Office 2010 Download greater connection and networking Microsoft Office 2010 Download options. Now you can access Microsoft Office 2007 Download and share all your work computer Microsoft Office 2011 programs and network resources Buy Windows 7 whether at home or Download Windows 7 on the road. You can even Win 7 disconnect from the network Microsoft Windows 7 and then have your network Windows 7 files automatically and Office 2007 Key seamlessly updated with any new changes.
Microsoft Office 2007 Professional you schedule automatic periodic backups to Office 2010 Key save your data or an entire system image to a MS Office 2007 location or a local drive. This helps you quickly Office 2010 restore individual Office 2010 Professional .

Ahaha, oh Yuko... Secretly I

Comment by Black Ice (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 19:05

Ahaha, oh Yuko...

Secretly I get attached to random splotches too. >.>

Take a picture!

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 19:11

Then you can have the blot AND a clean desk! :D You could make a scrap book of random splotches!

Also, if you're going to do the party, DO IT AFTER THE 16TH!!

You don't have to, but that's when I get back from winter break!

What is this I don't even

Comment by Deih (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 19:23

I have NO idea what that is and my brain can't decipher what that wiki page says, but it sounds like almond bread when translated from German..

I don't understand the math

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Tue, 12/20/2011 - 04:35

I don't understand the math either, but here... let me put you in this time-suit... attach the brain electrodes... there! Return with me 20 years through the 4th dimension to 1991, when this was defi-posi-lutely the most impressive non-game thing you could make your non-Amiga home computer do.

Well, actually, turning the fractal data into heightmaps for the mountains and seas of a virtual planet was the most impressive, and the burgeoning megademo scene was second, but producing lots of multi coloured zooming mandy animations was definitely third best.

WOO THE COLOURS

Honestly?

Comment by ??? (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 19:52

Looks like a cock and balls to me.

(somebody had to go there, might as well be me)

You beat me to it....

Comment by Samantha (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 22:37

I was thinking the same thing. But I was planning on saying it more politely.

True that.

Comment by Cougarbrit (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 15:03

True that.

I couldn't bring myself to

Comment by Fay (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 20:41

I couldn't bring myself to wash off a Mandelbrot set splodge either! Mandelbrot sets are my favourite.~

I probably would react the

Comment by andrew_berge (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 20:45

I probably would react the same. It would match my computer's login screen!

Seriously?

Comment by Kilimbo (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 21:04

At least I had the patience to see what one WAS before I posted.

Pretty awesome, Yuko. Your pen's a genius.

*LE GASP* i just went

Comment by Zac :3 (not verified) Thu, 12/15/2011 - 22:49

*LE GASP*
i just went through the entire Johnny Wander archives in TWO DAYS. which boils down to about 7 hours.....MOAR GONTA >8l

Have you ever tried

Comment by Craig (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 00:13

Have you ever tried nail-polish remover? It might require a bit of rubbing but it might just work. If you do try it out make sure you test on a corner or something just to make sure it won't damage the surface any.

You're a Rorschach Test on

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 01:41

You're a Rorschach Test on fire
You're a day-glo pterodactyl
You're a heart-shaped box of springs and wire
You're one badass fucking fractal

And you're just in time to

Comment by Anonymous^2 + c (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 09:53

And you're just in time to save the day
Sweeping all our fears away
You can change the world in a tiny way

Go on change the world in a tiny way

Come on change the world in a tiny way

#mathnerdproblems

Comment by Melodie (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 03:45

This made me smile really big. Julia sets are my favorite fractal. The last comic was so great too, I am exactly the same about quarters now. Why can't landlords just install change machines?

FRRRAAAACCCCTAAAAALLLLLSSSSSS

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 04:16

FRRRAAAACCCCTAAAAALLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssss....!

Wow it's like being 10 years old again and first coming across fractal generators for the computer* ... Julias and Mandys and all the rest in slowly-filled-in 16 colour 320x200 glory. Then zooming in, and in, and in, until we reached the precision limits of its poor little 70s vintage CPU :)

The colours, children! THE COLOURS! Uewaaie...

* not "PC"... _computer_

POKEMON!

Comment by Led (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 13:53

It is a Weezing! (The evolution of Koffing, remember? James had one)

No. Just, no

Comment by ??? (not verified) Sat, 12/17/2011 - 21:52

No, really.

I'm down the same road. My

Comment by Lisa G (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 14:04

I'm down the same road. My ink splotch that I'm attached to is a vibrant blue ink puddle that looks like the dress of a saloon lady.

Questions

Comment by anonimus (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 15:50

I'm soory to ask but how do you make a webcomic have the First, Previous, Next, and Latest? I have been wanting to make a webcomic for a long time and I am drawing some blanks in this area. If you could help that would be most appreciated. I havent added a comments section on it yet so please use my email.
Melody/Lock

I think you basically sign

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Tue, 12/20/2011 - 04:45

I think you basically sign up with a webcomic hosting service and they provide all the stuff...

Otherwise, you can either come up with a homebrew (or self-modified) PHP-MySQL based comic serving app which automatically numbers and indexes uploaded images and shoves them into page templates with the buttons being auto-generated and each new image being revealed at a set time (so you can build up a buffer)... or you can just do it manually, which I have done previously with DIY photo sharing before the days of Flickr and facebook.

Basically you just need the one page template with a title, place to insert the image, and the four buttons, plus any other static data you want to add. I'd suggest making everything except those first three core items part of the main page frame, and the dynamic parts into their own html pages displaying in a sub-frame.

"First" always points to comic 1, so doesn't need to change. "Last" always points to your homepage (index.html), ditto. Previous and Next point to comic number n-1 and n+1 respectively (except page 1, where first/previous both loop back to "1", and the current page, where next/latest both loop back to the homepage), and once set, don't need to change.

Each time you upload a new image, put it first on it's own numbered page, with the links set appropriately (1, n-1, home, home), readjust the links on n-1 (1, n-2, n, home), and then also change the homepage so that the displayed comic is the freshly uploaded one (instead of what is now n-1) and change the "previous" link to n-1.

It's simpler than it sounds ;-)

But the best way if you're just starting out is to go with a free comic hosting site as they should automate all that for you anyway. There's also downloadable stuff like Comicspress (I think???) if you choose to self-host.

Question about Yuko's desk set-up

Comment by Angie (not verified) Fri, 12/16/2011 - 17:39

Like the subject says, it's just a question for Yuko.
Did the little tool slots you have off to the side of your desk come with it? Or did you attach it? I'm trying to figure out either where to set an attachment like that or how to make one...
And is it pretty safe for ink bottles?

Man, less people than I

Comment by Nate (not verified) Sat, 12/17/2011 - 14:57

Man, less people than I thought knew what a Mandelbrot set was. Those and the golden ratio are only on every math textbook ever made. Dang, I feel like such a nerd.

Unrelated note...

Comment by Pandiculator (not verified) Sat, 12/17/2011 - 22:49

Unrelated to Thursday's comic, but...I got my little Johnny Wander package today; guys, this Phoenix Down shirt is amazing. Amazing. The softest.

Plus, bag goodie? You guys rock. Thanks!

I know! What you do is take

Comment by Kiriain (not verified) Sat, 12/17/2011 - 23:10

I know! What you do is take a piece of packing tape; and put it over the Mandelbrot set stain. That way, it'll be preserved, and you can wash your desk! But you should still be careful. The cleaners can get under the tape and dissolve the glue, ruining the tape and possibly, the stain.

I know! What you do is take

Comment by Kiriain (not verified) Sat, 12/17/2011 - 23:10

No! Carefully clean the rest

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Tue, 12/20/2011 - 04:48

Carefully clean the rest of the desk as much as possible, but mask off the stain somehow. ONCE.

Then varnish the thing with a thin layer of clear lacquer.

Stain: preserved. Rest of desk: protected from accumulating dirt. Desk surface: Should still be as smooth as it ever was, if you've applied the lacquer in an even-handed manner.

Though you will of course have to wait for a week for it to dry and stop being so tacky you can't put any paper on without it sticking.

Or, get a big, thin piece of glass and clamp/glue it over the desk somehow. Or cover it in clear sticky-backed plastic. Or whatever.

More like MandelBRO

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 12/18/2011 - 07:43

More like MandelBRO

Hahaa, I see what you did

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Mon, 12/19/2011 - 16:21

Hahaa, I see what you did there.

Okay, just ordered the

Comment by Hohhoi (not verified) Mon, 12/19/2011 - 09:24

Okay, just ordered the Phoenix down shirt. Too bad I'm going to have to wait until (most likely) next year (=January?) to get it. I can't wait. :D

Fractals are magic

Comment by Fraktur (not verified) Mon, 12/19/2011 - 18:05

Have you ever heard of Quaternion Julia's? They blow my mind every time I remember what they are and they're just absolutely hauntingly beautiful.

Looks like Hubba Bubba's

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Tue, 12/20/2011 - 04:49

Looks like Hubba Bubba's first zero-G factory has developed a serious production fault O_O

Hi there just wanted to give

Comment by Harlan Mondok (not verified) Thu, 05/24/2012 - 13:10

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Chrome. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem fixed soon. Thanks Harlan Mondok