Volume 2 Release Party Tomorrow!

The hat was pretty cute but if looks could kill that lady would have murdered everyone on the block. Probably lost a bet!

Tomorrow is the Volume 2 release party at Bergen Street Comics! John and Conrad will be joining us, and John will be doing a live reading of John Advice! We'll have food provided by Lela, drinks provided by the nice folks at Bergen Street, and we'll bring books and prints with us (e-mail us ahead of time and we'll try to bring some shirts and totes if you specify what size you'd like!). If you want Yuko to doodle something in a book, feel free to ask! Come hang out, we'll have a good time! (Hopefully by then we won't be so nervous!)

See you there!

Comments

I went to google for Cupcake

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 01/12/2012 - 19:04

I went to google for Cupcake Hats after this to see if I could find what she might have been wearing, and I am intimidated by the sheer quantity of available cupcake-themed millinery in the world :( I want one. But I always feel slightly suspect being an overweight person in food-themed clothing.

You guys should buy one

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Thu, 01/12/2012 - 23:02

Or maybe make one and sell it. Maybe a basilisk hat?

Did it have sprinkles?

Comment by Katsuya (not verified) Thu, 01/12/2012 - 23:36

I can think of worse things to wear after losing a bet, haha (if that was indeed the case). Good luck with the release party! Wish I could be there!

Cuteness

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 01:22

I love how, even after the "I will murder you in your sleep" look you got from the chicka, your expressions remain those of childish glee and immature (not in a bad way) excitement. It's adorable.

I've seen a few cupcake hats

Comment by koager (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 01:50

I've seen a few cupcake hats around and each time I did the same thing and stared at it for its sheer awesomeness :D

why????

Comment by just a cat (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 02:15

Why I must live in a different country that yours? :(

A cupcake hat. A CUPCAKE

Comment by Blunderbuss (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 04:07

A cupcake hat.

A CUPCAKE hat.

I never knew such a thing existed but I MUST ACQUIRE ONE IMMEDIATELY D:

DAMMIT

Comment by deadbeatriot (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 08:54

i just moved like, ten minutes away from bergen st comics. but i can't make it friday night :(

omigoshiseeyou

Comment by tara (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 09:49

I see the reflection of the wonderous artist!!! XC too bad you live so far away! take pictures of the awesome time for your fans who can't be there!! ohpleasepleaseplease!!!!!
X3 she really is adorably short-*hides*

Pinkie Pie

Comment by Worst (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 10:02

Seeing that hat reminded me of Epic Cupcake Time

OMG!

Comment by Gabbi (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 14:59

I HAVE THAT HAT!!! :DDD
YAAAAY!!!

well, there went my plans for the weekend

Comment by Kimi (not verified) Fri, 01/13/2012 - 18:28

I HAD grandiose plans involving shelving, my son's closet, and my son's toys. Now I must knit a cupcake hat.

And oh! I know! I'm going to give it to my friend who is a fashion designer! Because she'll think it's hilarious but she'll never wear it because she doesn't wear hats... sadness.

This comment started off happy and then trailed down into disappointment. I guess I will go work on the closet.

I saw those cupcake hats

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 01/14/2012 - 10:34

I saw those cupcake hats being sold at Dylan's Candy Bar in midtown.

Awww...

Comment by rufiangel (not verified) Sun, 01/15/2012 - 21:01

I would definitely go if I lived within vicinity. Any chance you guys will do a world tour any time soon? Say, Hong Kong? :P

You guys seems to get a lot

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 01/17/2012 - 16:41

You guys seems to get a lot of dirty looks from people that are just trying to go about their business smoking the cigarettes.

i would of gone if i didn't

Comment by Jillian (not verified) Tue, 01/17/2012 - 17:09

i would of gone if i didn't get ridiculously sick....

Just thought you guys would

Comment by Alanna Yoon (not verified) Tue, 01/17/2012 - 20:50

Just thought you guys would like to know that Johnny Wander was mentioned in an article in today's Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It made me smile to see it there alongside Hyperbole and a Half and XKCD. You guys are awesome, keep it up! :)

Model... on a cigarette

Comment by jessica (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 19:20

Model... on a cigarette break from a photo shoot... maybe forgot she was wearing that hat.

IDK that's NYC for you!