Thanks for coming to the release party!

Thanks for coming to the release party!

Tue, 01/17/2012 - 23:38 by Ananth in response to mermaid

Yuko drew one badass mermaid! I love it, this mermaid is tough. Yuko drew this for the Scurvy Dogs Kickstarter.

You guys are CRAZY! The release party at Bergen Street Comics was packed to the gills, we were totally blown away. The windows of the shop fogged up. The live reading of John Advice was a lot of fun, and we couldn't get a video but we got a lot of pictures courtesy of John Kelly. Here's a few:

A shot of the very handsome Bergen St. Comics

Audience shot during the John Advice reading

(That's us!)

Anyway, I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank Tucker, Amy and Tom at Bergen Street Comics for hosting the party, John and Conrad for helping to come out and entertain you guys, Lela for baking all the food (150 cookies, 80 cucumber sandwiches!), all our pals for joining us there, and you, dear reader! Without you we could not have pulled it off (even those of you there in spirit). Thanks!

Special editions of volume 2 will most likely go up on Thursday! Keep an eye out, hopefully we will be able to prep in time. See you then!

Comments

Looks like it was a blast,

Comment by Magofirst (not verified) Tue, 01/17/2012 - 23:46

Looks like it was a blast, wish I could have gone. That pick should be on a Magic the Gathering card lol

allseo

Comment by allseo (not verified) Tue, 02/14/2012 - 02:22

Microsoft Office 2011 mobile computing on the go easier Microsoft Office 2010 with access to all your Download Office 2010 settings in one place and Office 2010 Download greater connection and networking Microsoft Office 2010 Download options. Now you can access Microsoft Office 2007 Download and share all your work computer Microsoft Office 2011 programs and network resources Buy Windows 7 whether at home or Download Windows 7 on the road. You can even Win 7 disconnect from the network Microsoft Windows 7 and then have your network Windows 7 files automatically and Office 2007 Key seamlessly updated with any new changes.
Microsoft Office 2007 Professional you schedule automatic periodic backups to Office 2010 Key save your data or an entire system image to a MS Office 2007 location or a local drive. This helps you quickly Office 2010 restore individual Office 2010 Professional .

That is an awesome mermaid!!!

Comment by Pyronight (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 00:02

That is an awesome mermaid!!!

That Mermaid is awesome.

Comment by Nate (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 00:14

That Mermaid is awesome. It's a very dramatic picture--different from what I'm used to seeing from Yuko. I wish I could have gone to the party, but alas, I live in Georgia. One of these days, though, I'm going to see you guys!

Aw, man...

Comment by Zinaida (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 00:27

That sounds like it was so fun, I wish I could've been there! (Or been in the same state as.. As there!)

You guys should put out more

Comment by Phillip Albrecht (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 00:38

You guys should put out more books. :D

mermaid

Comment by brokentool (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 01:30

it is absolutely beautiful. just.. really. i love it!

also, just wanted to say that i found the comics and the blogs some time ago and.. thank you for creating all this amazing and beautiful content for us to read!

you guys are awesome.

Sooo wish I could've been

Comment by Arun (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 06:22

Sooo wish I could've been there.

Looked like fun!

Comment by ChristineA (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 08:25

Nice! The pictures are great & looks like fun time was had by all. Definitely wish I could have been there. :D
And love the take on the mermaid! Very cool.

I can't wait to get my

Comment by Abelle (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 09:21

I can't wait to get my volume 2 at TCAF! (You guys are coming to TCAF right?)

Yay! :D

Comment by Kaeleira (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 09:45

That's awesome! I'm really glad you guys had such a great turnout. Better get a bigger venue next time! <3

With all the monsters work

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 10:39

With all the monsters work you have been doing I hope you are not missing out on ...

I always love it...

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 11:33

When people take a very classic/recognizable mythological creature/figure and change them around so they aren't the classical image. I would definitely say this is a mermaid, however it's more "mer" than "maid," if that makes sense. Anthropomorphized is a better term I guess - instead of being half human stuck on half fish, it's the idea of a mer-person with a much more fluid visual.

Yay! <3

false alarm

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 13:26

Saw the top part of the picture and thought you guys had joined the blackout :D

I think the mermaid should

Comment by Kiriain (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 14:29

I think the mermaid should wear a cupcake hat.

Video

Comment by Becky (not verified) Wed, 01/18/2012 - 21:05

Oh! I was able to snag some video footage of the reading. Brief clips, mind you. I already uploaded a couple to YouTube for a friend who couldn't attend.

Shirt!

Comment by misteline (not verified) Thu, 01/19/2012 - 00:19

There should be a mermaid shirt or patch! Or something!

Reposting this comment in the correct post!

Comment by Aria! (not verified) Thu, 01/19/2012 - 09:57

Perfect picture of Ananth, haha! The party was a blast - I've gotten a lot of compliments and giggles about my new CMYcat tote. I just started a course at school called Graphic Novel: Narrative and Sequential Art and we have an upcoming class all about web comics. Excited to bring you guys up!

Can has mermaid print?

Comment by BarnyBoo (not verified) Thu, 01/19/2012 - 15:05

Can has mermaid print?

Reddit

Comment by Alexz ^ u ^ (not verified) Mon, 01/23/2012 - 14:35

You guys are redditors! O o O

Cool post, very interesting

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 14:45

Cool post, very interesting information!
lbps loan modification

sunglases

Comment by sunglases (not verified) Tue, 05/01/2012 - 05:42

Hi! Someone in my Myspace

Comment by Carmon Licciardi (not verified) Fri, 05/25/2012 - 14:07

Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic blog and great style and design. Carmon Licciardi

great post

Comment by Trimountain (not verified) Fri, 09/07/2012 - 01:21

I recommend this company to my friends all the time. is a godsend to those of us without medical insurance. I really appreciated with it, this is fine to read and valuable pro potential, I really bookmark it, pro broaden read. Appreciation pro sharing.

Hey there would you mind

Comment by Nenita Nunnery (not verified) Sat, 11/03/2012 - 12:19

Hey there would you mind letting me know which webhost you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a fair price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Nenita Nunnery

I spy.

Comment by Sen (not verified) Wed, 01/09/2013 - 23:01

I don't know if it's weird, but I spotted you and Yuko in the first phto the moment I looked at it. I DON'T KNOW WHY MAN, but wow this looked like fun! :D

Much love, Sen

If you want do workouts at

Comment by Ventel (not verified) Sun, 06/23/2013 - 03:45

If you want do workouts at home, choose top elliptical machines under 1000. Elliptical machine is a good fitness trainer for home use.

why don't you click