Johnny Wander Vol. 1 @ Midtown Comics! And February experiment.

That guy is amazing.

First things first: we're going to try an experiment in February. We've mentioned in the past that we're doing a book with Oni Press - for the month of February we're going to post an excerpt from the book! We're pretty excited to share it with you guys and we hope you like it. This will also allow us to spend some time working exclusively on the Oni book, which means we can hopefully share the finished story with you ahead of schedule!

Cool news - Johnny Wander Vol. 1 is a Featured Trade at Midtown Comics in Manhattan! It's being offered as part of the Midtown Monthly Book Club - that means they're selling it for 25% off cover price for the month of February - a good deal! It also means that we'll be doing some sort of Midtown Book Club Q & A and chat with readers at the end of February - if you missed us at Bergen St. Comics you can certainly catch us here! I'll share more specific dates and information as I get it in.

Picture care of Gary!

Secondly, WHOA! We are totally blown away by the success of the Kickstarter! Because it went so well we're upgrading the treatments for the cover - improved color treatment and gold foil stamping! There's still time to get an early order in, too - the price of the individual art books will be higher once they're printed so now is a good time to get it at a discount if you're interested.

That's all for us! Catch you Thursday!

Comments

Is...is that a cat on his

Comment by Noah (not verified) Tue, 01/31/2012 - 20:45

Is...is that a cat on his head at the top of the last panel?

urge

Comment by homeimprovement4sure (not verified) Tue, 10/23/2012 - 23:25

Hi………….. This is a great site.

Okay...

Comment by theshim (not verified) Tue, 01/31/2012 - 20:50

can it please please pleeeeeeaaaaaaaase not be on a Friday this time? Because any other day I am absolutely there.

it doesn't reallycount as a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 01/31/2012 - 20:52

it doesn't reallycount as a victory for tall people, you know. they don't have to exert themselves half as much as we do.

SENIOROBICS

Comment by mannyC (not verified) Tue, 01/31/2012 - 21:02

That is obviously me at 80.

Way to go, guys!

Comment by The Mighty Pegasus (not verified) Tue, 01/31/2012 - 21:07

Your book looks great nestled between two Batman comics! Awesome :)

Bigger

Comment by Worst (not verified) Tue, 01/31/2012 - 21:18

One of the things I love about Atlanta. We have Stone Summit, and it is awesome.

Holy crap I totally am there

Comment by Wheat (not verified) Sat, 02/04/2012 - 18:28

Holy crap I totally am there like 4 days a week.

Stone Summit is the greatest.

Haha there's a 70 yr old guy

Comment by Oma (not verified) Tue, 01/31/2012 - 21:44

Haha there's a 70 yr old guy that comes to my climbing gym and hes amazing. My friend and I are both small-ish size girls that climb...I love owning really buff guys :p they're always so surprised

OMG, that happens all the

Comment by Psydotek (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 00:47

OMG, that happens all the time at the climbing gym I go to. My friend and I think we're doing pretty good only to look around to see someone older/younger/bigger/smaller flying up the wall... Humbling and inspiring. :D

Where can we pre-order the

Comment by nick (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 09:44

Where can we pre-order the art books, please?

Through the Kickstarter,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 09:55

Through the Kickstarter, follow the link!

like your style of

Comment by www.freebingopages.com (not verified) Mon, 05/13/2013 - 06:00

At least, it's a thing to be familiar with that there are such events exist.I agree with your Blog and I will be back to inspect it more in the future so please keep up your act

How does preordering via the

Comment by s (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 13:03

How does preordering via the kickstarter work? It looks like you can't specify what book(s) you want, so how can you get individual books?

You don't get individual books~

Comment by rufi (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 20:36

As far as I can tell after perusing the Kickstarter project page for B9, the books are a pack of four right now. It's not exactly 'pre-order' per se - you receive the four book pack as a reward for pledging a certain amount. Individual pre-ordering is unavailable at the moment because this is a group release, though it seems individual pre-orders will become available later on. Hope that helps!

Re: Tall people

Comment by Aric (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 13:03

As a tall person, I can tell you that is most certainly totally untrue that I have any advantage over shorter people of roughly equal skill and strength. Mass is a huge part of the equation.

O_O I MUST FIND THESE.

Comment by Nico (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 13:53

O_O I MUST FIND THESE.

I know exactly what this looks like!

Comment by Nate (not verified) Wed, 02/01/2012 - 21:13

Most beginner climbers just try to crank themselves up the wall with their arms alone, but really good climbers have a beautiful way of economizing every move with their entire body so that each movement requires the least amount of energy possible. Combine this with smooth, steady, confident movement and an attention to balance, and the result is what looks almost like an elegant dance! I aimed to climb in that kind of static style as well. Why go quickly when you can go smoothly.

This is exactly it and I

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/02/2012 - 17:54

This is exactly it and I couldn't have put it better. It has nothing to do with height, weight or age. In my experience, the most unexpectedly un-muscular people are the most graceful climbers. It is really incredible to watch those people at work.

Johnny Wander Book

Comment by Lisa (not verified) Mon, 02/06/2012 - 05:15

Eep! I was on holiday in New York last week and so naturally popped in to Midtown Comics - i was so excited to see Johnny Wander on the shelf!! I may have Squeed out loud.
The guys that work there are really friendly and were very complimentary about your excellent book!
Congrats guys!!

I am so happy to read this

Comment by SEO Services Philippines (not verified) Fri, 10/12/2012 - 23:43

I am so happy to read this blog. Actually this blog was a great one and i got a lot of learning so thank you for that one.