February's experiment: Lucky Penny!

February's experiment: Lucky Penny!

Thu, 02/02/2012 - 19:08 by Ananth in response to Lucky Penny - 1

Hey guys! I mentioned this the last time, but for the month of February we'll be posting an excerpt from the book we're doing with Oni Press. The book is about an unlucky girl trying to figure stuff out. I wrote it with you guys and girls in mind - the humor is pretty similar to Johnny Wander. We're eager to share our work with you, and this will allow us to really dig into the project and bring the completed story to a release date more quickly. Hope you like it!

Besides that here are the other things going on:

That's all for us! Catch you next week!

Comments

Yay, new story!

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 19:13

So is it a magic tattoo?

allseo

Comment by allseo (not verified) Tue, 02/14/2012 - 02:22

Microsoft Office 2011 mobile computing on the go easier Microsoft Office 2010 with access to all your Download Office 2010 settings in one place and Office 2010 Download greater connection and networking Microsoft Office 2010 Download options. Now you can access Microsoft Office 2007 Download and share all your work computer Microsoft Office 2011 programs and network resources Buy Windows 7 whether at home or Download Windows 7 on the road. You can even Win 7 disconnect from the network Microsoft Windows 7 and then have your network Windows 7 files automatically and Office 2007 Key seamlessly updated with any new changes.
Microsoft Office 2007 Professional you schedule automatic periodic backups to Office 2010 Key save your data or an entire system image to a MS Office 2007 location or a local drive. This helps you quickly Office 2010 restore individual Office 2010 Professional .

I Spy...

Comment by zorz (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 19:27

…a Jeph Jacques!

Was gonna say, that looks

Comment by Badger (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 20:55

Was gonna say, that looks like a Jeph

I wondered why the content

Comment by reynard61 (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 00:04

I wondered why the content of this page is so questionable...

Hah!

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 13:03

I laughed really loud at the strip and then at the comments. This is the best.

Oh geez!

Comment by gadzooks (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 19:36

This looks awesome!

So excited!

Comment by Liz Ritter (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 19:46

Oh my goodness, only one page and I'm already set to buy the book. I think I recognize these ladies from Yuko's tumblr, and I've been wanting to see the story they were in. :D

Oh hey, I think I recognize

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 19:58

Oh hey, I think I recognize this girl :D Is she the same girl from your City Limits short? Either way very excited to see where this goes!

Facebook page?

Comment by Brendan (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 20:15

The girl in the flashback looks like Lela. Perhaps a sudo-bio story on your friends? Also I've noticed there hasn't been an update on the Johnny Wander Facebook page since "Saxophone Cat." Not trying to complain since I know you guys are very busy, just a reminder. If it's possible I'd love to monitor it for you or help out, though I doubt it is. Oh look at me rambling, I should be going I got a...food...in the oven.

This was actually written

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/02/2012 - 20:25

This was actually written before we met Lela! But I think I can see what you mean.

Is it just me

Comment by InXplotch (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 21:02

I dunno why, but for some reason after reading this page I was instantly reminded of the manga Solanin. Anyway, this is looking like a good story, can't wait to see the rest.

LTRFTC

Comment by Kenaz (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 21:14

Long time reader; first time commentator here. Where can we buy this book once it's out? Just through Oni Press? It looks awesome just from this one page!

Y'know

Comment by Vanessa (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 21:15

I just realized that on March 8, 2012, it'll be a whole year since I've started reading your comic.

That calls for a celebration picture. :D

I'm so excited that it's

Comment by J-chan (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 21:23

I'm so excited that it's Lucky Penny! > w< I've been hoping to see more from the few images we've seen on Yuko's tumblr and stuff. I'm sure it's going to be great!

Excite!

Comment by meanderling (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 21:47

Ooooh, exciting! I've been hearing whispers and snatches of this book for a while now and I'm so excited to be actually seeing it!

Also, tattoo-artist dude looks familiar...questionably familiar...hmmmm.

Oh man, I'm loving it

Comment by Asparaghost (not verified) Thu, 02/02/2012 - 21:51

Oh man, I'm loving it already! Super psyched to see more.

Noooooooooooooo

Comment by theshim (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 00:09

It's Friday againnnnnnn

;_;

I'm so buying this book!

Comment by Wood (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 02:18

I'm so buying this book! When does it come out?

tattoo

Comment by kethie (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 03:32

The tattooist looks just like Jeph Jaques of QC. :-)

Durrh

Comment by kethie (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 03:34

Might help if I read the other comments first.

Don't blame the ink. I don't

Comment by maldar (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 03:35

Don't blame the ink. I don't have any myself, but I love it.

Hate it when people look down on those that have ink, especially good ink.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!! :)

Comment by Peter Foskaris (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 03:42

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!! :)

Originals for sale?!

Comment by Jostein (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 07:08

Indeed, that is neat! I wish I could go to New York just to get a chance to buy an original... Do anyone of you know how much are they selling for?

Well now....

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 08:25

Since Jeph is now a tattoo artist in the Lucky Penny universe, and Yuko and Ananth have cameo'd in QC, does that make these universes mutually fictional? I wonder what Marten thinks if he reads this . . . "Something naggingly familiar about that big dude..."

Congrats!

Comment by elorg (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 10:47

Congrats on the mention in the Kickstarter newsletter!

Thanks!

Comment by Ananth Fri, 02/03/2012 - 10:49

Thanks!

I'm super excited for this,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 12:01

I'm super excited for this, do you know if there'll be a UK release?

Oh, how bizarre. I saw this

Comment by Jen (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 15:22

Oh, how bizarre. I saw this comic right after reading an anti-tattoo opinion column in my university's newspaper that went viral and caused all sorts of drama.

Excited

Comment by Jasmine P (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 16:29

I love your mini and fictional posts so i'm pretty excited about this. I look forward to seeing where this goes and you're only one page in.

Please sign!

Comment by hohhoi (not verified) Fri, 02/03/2012 - 17:34

Acta; kind of like SOPA, but worse. Just spreading the word.

Huh. Kumatora, the

Comment by D (not verified) Sat, 02/04/2012 - 02:19

Huh. Kumatora, the alternative years.

I'm willfully refusing to

Comment by Karen (not verified) Sat, 02/04/2012 - 04:46

I'm willfully refusing to accept this post as a bad omen having gotten my first tattoo yesterday :)
Thank you for your site, guys. I've been following you since May and the next tattoo I'm getting in March is Yuko's "Strength" drawing. Thanks for all the work you put in!!!

Oh wow! If it's not too much

Comment by Ananth Sat, 02/04/2012 - 09:37

Oh wow! If it's not too much trouble, send us a picture when you're done! We love that stuff.

No problem at all!

Comment by Karen (not verified) Sat, 02/04/2012 - 10:24

In fact it'll be a pleasure! I'll send you the pics once it is done! Thank you for you!!! ^_^

Love the art, though it

Comment by Garfunkel (not verified) Sat, 02/04/2012 - 21:24

Love the art, though it looks so different without the newsprint (?) shading!

Oooh the snake kind of reminds me of faust.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 02/05/2012 - 04:11

This looks great and the snake tattoo kind of reminds me of some of yuko's older work.

But..does this mean no hourlies this year?

We have notes for them!

Comment by Ananth Sun, 02/05/2012 - 09:43

We have notes for them! They'll just get posted later on.

oh yay! Yuko's hourlies are

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/06/2012 - 18:38

oh yay! Yuko's hourlies are the best :D

cannot WAIT for this!!!

Comment by Ross Campbell (not verified) Sun, 02/05/2012 - 21:55

cannot WAIT for this!!!

Other country

Comment by oilage (not verified) Tue, 02/07/2012 - 14:59

I don't know much about the distribution of your comics, but I never bought anything from the internet, so I was wondering if those two volumes and this comic are going outside english-speaking countries. Thanks. you guys are awesome :)

Ten By Ten!

Comment by lightsabermario (not verified) Sat, 02/18/2012 - 16:23

Oh my god it's Ten by Ten from the City Limits book! I loved that story! In fact it was the artwork and relaxed storytelling from that story that got me interested in seeing more of Yuko's work in the first place. I was actually just rereading the story yesterday. The artwork just feels so cozy and inviting I just want to curl up and sleep in the artwork.

Speaking of which, does this mean Collins and Acker are going to make a guest appearance in this city too? That part where they almost ran her over with the Aaron Burr had me in stitches!

Admiring the time and effort

Comment by Lucien (not verified) Thu, 06/14/2012 - 16:13

Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and in depth information you provide. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed material. Excellent read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account. tinnitus info