Lots of bullet points!

Lots of bullet points!

Thu, 02/09/2012 - 18:44 by Ananth in response to Lucky Penny - 3

We had a vending machine in my high school that did this to students. It was a real roll of the dice, which is probably for the best because I don't think there's ever been anything healthy inside of a vending machine. Oh, if you're just joining us, we're posting an excerpt from Lucky Penny, the Oni Press book we're working on.

We're doing some shows this year! Come see us at:

Other items that I mentioned earlier this week:

• Special Editions will be temporarily removed from the store on Friday at midnight, so if you want to snag one I suggest getting it now! We're not sure when we'll be able to offer them again, as it's a very busy month.
  • JW Volume 1 is on the shelf at Midtown Comics in Manhattan for 25% off!
  • Exquisite Beast has been updated a few times, check it out!
  • Benign Kingdom continues!

That's all I got! High five, see you next week!

Comments

Awesome!

Comment by iamded (not verified) Thu, 02/09/2012 - 19:46

I'm thoroughly enjoying this excerpt so far. It reminds me of the Scott Pilgrim comics, which is just fanastic. :D Hopefully Lucky Penny will show up in the comic book stores here in New Zealand!

That's not true!

Comment by Android 21 3/7 (not verified) Thu, 02/09/2012 - 19:57

I've seen ones with milk, apples, and yogurt before.

i love that the vending

Comment by kiwi (not verified) Thu, 02/09/2012 - 20:26

i love that the vending machine has off-brand written down the side

Hopefully I'll see you guys

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Thu, 02/09/2012 - 21:26

Hopefully I'll see you guys at Wondercon. Will you be selling some of your shirts and other stuff at the con?

Wow, just starting to make

Comment by Emily (not verified) Thu, 02/09/2012 - 22:57

Wow, just starting to make connections here. I'm guessing that her luck has turned sour since getting the tattoo?

YaAAaaaY!

Comment by ZomPanDuh (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 00:29

That is AWESOME that you will be at ECCC here in Seattle. I was hoping you all would come by. Hopefully I can sneak off from volunteering in tabletops to buy some swag!

WHOOOO!

Comment by BearHawkWriter (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 02:19

Been going to ECCC for the past few years, and I'm excited to see that you'll be there this year! My girlfriend and I will be coming by as Green Arrow and Black Canary, so, you know, WHOOOOO!!!

That vending machine!

Comment by Anna (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 02:47

We had a vending machine like that in college - but we also had the vending machine that you could, with a bit of skill and a lot of frantic button-pushing, trick into giving you two cans of soda for the price of one.

One legendary classmate of mine even managed to trick *three* cans out of it once.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Lucky Penny. :)

Oh man, I had friends who

Comment by Ananth Sat, 02/11/2012 - 10:02

Oh man, I had friends who mastered that trick too. We used to look that stuff up online and then try it out in the morning before class.

We had a problem with this

Comment by ggelatine (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 09:33

We had a problem with this at my high school too. It's really hard to get a snack on the way to 5A when you spend your last seventy-five cents on a bag of Cheez-Its--only to not get a thing. >:(

Yay, ECCC!

Comment by Molly Watson (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 11:34

So excited you'll be coming to ECCC this year! I'll try not to be too bad of a fangirl. Love Johnny Wander!! :D

Crazy Vending Machine

Comment by Columbia (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 13:31

I remember a vending machine we had I think freshman year of high school that would randomly eat people's money. However, if you got lucky, you could get two or three cans for the price of one. It was also the one that would be sold out on everything but Coke Zero and ginger ale.

Seattle?!

Comment by Sporks Love (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 18:45

Oh yaay! I hope I can go this year, it would be so cool to see you guys!
If I can I'll be sure to have enough money to buy everything. >:3

WOOHOO!! Can't wait to see

Comment by Mira (not verified) Fri, 02/10/2012 - 23:40

WOOHOO!! Can't wait to see you guys at TCAF this year <3

ECCC!

Comment by Dielji (not verified) Sat, 02/11/2012 - 04:42

Awesome! I look forward to seeing you guys there!

JW VOL. 2

Comment by Katsuya (not verified) Sat, 02/11/2012 - 13:29

Just got my special edition in the mail this morning! Spent the last hour laughing hysterically instead of doing my homework (I blame John, obviously). Much thanks and appreciation from Boston; glad I was able to snag one while they were still in the store! :)

Hopefully I'll see you guys

Comment by Marrow (not verified) Sun, 02/12/2012 - 04:01

Hopefully I'll see you guys at Wondercon! ♥ I squealed pretty badly when I saw that you guys were going to be in Anaheim.

We had a vending machine

Comment by Maddie C (not verified) Mon, 02/13/2012 - 00:20

We had a vending machine with fruit in it.

if the roads aren't too bad....

Comment by Maddie C (not verified) Mon, 02/13/2012 - 00:26

Oh man! You'll be at ECCC! That's like, 13 hours from where I live! I'm going! Be prepared.....

Where will you guys be at

Comment by Cricket (not verified) Mon, 02/13/2012 - 13:52

Where will you guys be at ECCC? I can't find you on the list...

Wondercon?!

Comment by TheHYBIRD (not verified) Mon, 02/13/2012 - 15:51

You guys are gonna be at Wondercon? Arrrgh, that just makes me rage all the more at the fact that Wondercon won't be at San Francisco this year!

She looks SO MUCH like the

Comment by Diem (not verified) Mon, 02/13/2012 - 17:04

She looks SO MUCH like the creepy barber from Girls with Slingshots!

Is it just me...

Comment by Alex (not verified) Mon, 02/13/2012 - 19:22

...or does one of the characters look like the lady reading a steamy novel in an earlier comic?

I WANTED NEW JOHN VALENTINES

Comment by Alexis (not verified) Tue, 02/14/2012 - 11:42

I WANTED NEW JOHN VALENTINES CARDS. I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED, GUYS. HIGHLY. DISAPPOINTED.