Adam Warrock, Benign Kingdom, Midtown Comics

Adam Warrock, Benign Kingdom, Midtown Comics

Thu, 02/16/2012 - 23:12 by Ananth in response to Lucky Penny - 5

Love that wide shot! Yuko so rarely gets to do stuff like that in the usual JW stuff - it's nice to see her flex.

A couple of things:

That's all! Catch you next week!

Comments

:O

Comment by Ty (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 01:26

I just discovered this comic three days ago and I read through all the pages since then, and I have to say, I love it. Terribly disappointed that the store doesn't seem to be selling the Catmera charms anymore, but that's what I get for discovering you guys do late. x]

Loving these pages so far!

Comment by Vinnora (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 01:30

Loving these pages so far! They look fantastic and I find the characters quite endearing. :) Looking forward to more and the release of the book itself!

Now... where have I seen

Comment by Nik (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 02:11

Now... where have I seen Penny's smile before... hmmm.....

Loving Penny in the last

Comment by :D (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 02:17

Loving Penny in the last panel XD

Recycling is a good thing :U

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 02:20

Lovin' the George smile she's got going on down there.

I has a question for Yuko, if she be willing to respond!

Comment by rufi (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 03:48

Yuko, I am a huge fan of your stuff (anything your hands make I tend to drool and ogle for ages) and I was just wondering if you eyeballed everything for the wide-shot. Did you freehand it, on top of that? It looks so... so bacon-crispy and seamless, and yet not annoyingly technical. :O

Moving

Comment by Ducky (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 05:04

Haha, the comic reminds me of when my sister and I were moving and we had to move the couch up the stairs. I was all AMAZON WOMAN and she was all I-drop-this-couch-on-you. It did not end well. *whimper* Even amazon woman can not move a couch on her own.

Fluff

Comment by Suilean Dubh (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 06:52

What's that fluffy stuff over on the side of the last panel? Is it... snow? Smoke?

The last panel?

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Sat, 02/18/2012 - 17:37

Are you sure you're not talking about the first panel? I'm not seeing any smoke or snow in the last panel. Just shadows, and defeat.

HAH

Comment by music (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 08:13

Last panel:

FEMALE GEORGE

Stairs

Comment by Hugh (not verified) Fri, 02/17/2012 - 17:44

I really like all the stairs in background of panel one. It makes me think of really hard work.

Johnny Wanderin'

Comment by Brad (not verified) Sat, 02/18/2012 - 01:20

Adam Warrock actually wrote two songs about your comic.
"Call Me Johnny Wander" and "Johnny Wanderin'"
Just saying, he likes you guys.

Ten By Ten!

Comment by lightsabermario (not verified) Sat, 02/18/2012 - 16:24

Oh my god it's Ten by Ten from the City Limits book! I loved that story! In fact it was the artwork and relaxed storytelling from that story that got me interested in seeing more of Yuko's work in the first place. I was actually just rereading the story yesterday. The artwork just feels so cozy and inviting I just want to curl up and sleep in the artwork.

Speaking of which, does this mean Collins and Acker are going to make a guest appearance in this city too? That part where they almost ran her over with the Aaron Burr had me in stitches!

dat smile :D

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 02/19/2012 - 05:25

dat smile :D

nice bolg

Comment by Onketing (not verified) Mon, 04/23/2012 - 02:33

I really like this blog here.

Hi

Comment by Alex (not verified) Tue, 10/30/2012 - 22:03

Hello, this is a really fas­ci­nat­ing web blog and I have loved read­ing sev­eral of the arti­cles and posts con­tained upon the site, sus­tain the great work and hope to read a lot more excit­ing arti­cles in the time to come. Thank you so much.http://isitdownjustforme.com/