Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!

Thu, 03/01/2012 - 19:51 by Ananth in response to Lucky Penny - 9

Hey guys! That's the last page of the Lucky Penny excerpt (courtesy of the kind folks at Oni Press). If you're curious, here are links to the whole thing:

We've gotten a lot of questions about when it will be out. Short answer is we're not sure! Yuko's working hard on it! But we'll be sure to mention it on the website when the publication date nears. Hope you enjoyed it!

@ConnorGSims made an animated version of this comic - check it out! And if you click on me right before I take my hat off, you get the alternate ending (incidentally my favorite).

We're a little swamped right now so we're going to get right back to work - see you next week!

Comments

Hi Gonta

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Thu, 03/01/2012 - 21:04

GONTA!!!!!

God I love the Gonta face, it's just so very telling of EXACTLY what emotional and mental state the person (or cat) is currently going through.

Perfect.

YAY

Comment by Cheshire (not verified) Thu, 03/01/2012 - 21:15

I have throughly enjoyed this little excerpt. I can't wait to get my hands on the final copy! I'm so excited, this looks amazing as usual.

Penny's face in Panel 3 is

Comment by Ashu (not verified) Thu, 03/01/2012 - 21:56

Penny's face in Panel 3 is absolutely priceless. I've never seen '...oh shit!' conveyed so perfectly, haha. Looking forward to the release, I'll be buying it. :)

Haha Penny looks a bit like

Comment by Lindsay (not verified) Thu, 03/01/2012 - 23:10

Haha Penny looks a bit like Gonta in this one ^_^

I know the feeling

Comment by Dragoniangirl (not verified) Fri, 03/02/2012 - 00:59

And just you wait. They'll unpack all those boxes only to discover the keys were in Penny's pocket the whole time!

Yup, I can totally see that

Comment by Kitsu Maharu (not verified) Fri, 03/02/2012 - 05:15

Yup, I can totally see that happening with her luck! Or there lack of!

Where they really are.

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Fri, 03/02/2012 - 01:16

They're in the sandwich she packed for the road, of course. The keys are always in the sandwich!

Yay I can comment now!

Comment by Emergency_fan_51 (not verified) Fri, 03/02/2012 - 02:54

Over the past few days I swept through the entire JW archive, and I only have one thing to say.

You guys are AWESOME. >:D

Your everyday adventures crack me up and at the same time get me thinking about similar experiences I've had. I only wish my life was half as interesting as your guys' is! Whether the situation is relatable or just plain weird, you guys really deliver!
Yuko, your grasp of expressions is fantastic and VERY amusing! Your cat-faces especially make me giggle ^^ and thank you Ananth for your comments afterwards, JW just wouldn't be complete without your jokes :D

Thank you both for giving me a bit more of a reason to smile :)

Penny

Comment by Kitsu Maharu (not verified) Fri, 03/02/2012 - 05:13

Her EYES! They're HUGE! Hahaha! I'm so interested in seeing how it all plays out! I hope it comes out without too many problems!

Re: Gonta face

Comment by Doval (not verified) Fri, 03/02/2012 - 05:24

That's precisely what I thought of too.

You got me hooked, guess now I have to buy the book(s?)

Gonta <3

Comment by Katsuya (not verified) Fri, 03/02/2012 - 19:11

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Penny looked like Gonta, lol. Can't wait to read the whole of 'Penny' when it gets released! :)

Mreow @_@

Comment by Jujubee (not verified) Sun, 03/04/2012 - 20:10

Penny reminds me of Gonta in panel three and four. o.o xD

I would just hot-wire the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 03/04/2012 - 23:59

I would just hot-wire the car instead of trying to find the keys in that mess and then having to repack it all

I was waiting for something

Comment by Jubal (not verified) Mon, 03/05/2012 - 00:55

I was waiting for something really happy and heartwarming to happen, haha. That poor girl.

I might actually pick this

Comment by pjunk (not verified) Mon, 03/05/2012 - 08:12

I might actually pick this up whenever it comes out. This preview certainly ended on a hilarious note, and like almost everything you guys make it has that certain charm that really hits close to home.

purdy penny

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Mon, 03/05/2012 - 12:27

penny's faces are the best faces

Penny's eyes in panels 3 & 4

Comment by Jeremy Wiles (not verified) Tue, 03/20/2012 - 15:05

Penny's eyes in panels 3 & 4 remind me of Gonta.

Excellent post however I was

Comment by Leandro Lazare (not verified) Thu, 11/01/2012 - 07:11

Excellent post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos! Leandro Lazare

My programmer is trying to

Comment by Bryon Lebsock (not verified) Fri, 01/11/2013 - 11:46

My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on various websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated! homeopathic tinnitus remedy