Floating World signing tomorrow!

Floating World signing tomorrow!

Tue, 03/27/2012 - 14:39 by Ananth in response to wait what

We're still on the road, currently bunked down at George's place in Portland, OR. We have a signing tomorrow (Wednesday) at Floating World from 6-8 PM! Come by and say hello, we'll have volume 1 and volume 2!

After that we're off to Emerald City Comic Con this weekend in Seattle, WA - if you can't catch us tomorrow, we'll hopefully see you then!

A few other cool items:

That's all for us! Catch you Thursday (or Wednesday, if you swing by the signing!)

Comments

mad melonz

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 15:07

I assume Yuko is holding a melon in the first panel.

No, it's her bike helmet!

Comment by steffeeee (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 15:43

No, it's her bike helmet! See the straps hanging down? (Also, which makes more sense, a bike helmet or a melon?)

I think a bike melon would

Comment by White Rice (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 16:06

I think a bike melon would make the most sense, but that's just me :-D

Melons. They're so versatile.

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 03:33

First you cut them in half and eat the delicious sweet flesh out of the middle.
Then you poke some holes in the rind, thread through some straps, and use it as a bike helmet.

Nothing goes to waste.

I thought that at first as

Comment by Faiga (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 03:26

I thought that at first as well! I was like "this is an untimely season for melons." Then I realized it was a bike helmet.
orz

more melonz

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 09:13

I assume Yuko uses melons as bike helmets.

You're in Portland?

Comment by Taq (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 15:47

You should come to my show tonight! It's at 7pm at backspace (115 Northwest 5th Avenue) and my band is called Half Way There. http://hwtband.bandcamp.com/

Practice

Comment by Worst (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 16:28

I guess she was practicing some outdoor climbing? Though I am not sure how much climbing a tree contributes towards bouldering practice

I love climbing things.

Comment by sense...tingling! (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 17:25

I love climbing things. Part of my mission (okay fantasy) to be a parkour ninja.

Yuko, on the other hand, has a slightly different reason for climbing practice: http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/362

I thought it was because of...

Comment by Tai Chi-ing (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 18:48

I thought it was because she was inspired by this guy:

But maybe that shimmy job made her realize how useful climbing is.

Comment by MarkyMark (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 17:38

Climbing trees is the best!

Trees

Comment by Hugh (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 21:40

Sometimes you just have to, and that's that.

I suppose this is what happens...

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 22:33

When you have a bacon lover stuck in a house of vegetarians and vegans. She goes crazy.

So does this mean

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 03:36

There's secret bacon hidden at the top of the tree?

Primary objective: determine location of tree holding secret bacon, climb tree, retrieve and eat bacon.
Secondary objective: escape from any residual vegetarians at the scene before they smell the bacon on your breath and become militant.

Remember, the crispiest

Comment by Hohhoi (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 17:29

Remember, the crispiest bacon is near the top.

Yuko, I like your style. If

Comment by Jeremy Wiles (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 22:33

Yuko, I like your style. If you ever find yourself near Morgantown, WV, you should head over to Coopers Rock. There are many places to climb there.

Oh! And there are bike

Comment by Jeremy Wiles (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 22:35

Oh! And there are bike trails, too.

mistress of all those who are at her feet

Comment by Alain (not verified) Tue, 03/27/2012 - 23:58

Queen of the tree? Empress of the tree?

Whoa man, Henry Art Gallery

Comment by MJ (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 00:14

Whoa man, Henry Art Gallery is at my university! So cool that you guys are featured; glad to see that my area is sending some love. :)

I do the same thing all the

Comment by Sue (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 02:30

I do the same thing all the time. Its just gotta happen.

Signing

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 02:42

Argg....seriously, you guys are here in portland and the signing is when I'm at work. Dammit! Maybe I'll call in sick.....

escaped from work!

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 21:49

Haha! Made it out of work early enough to drop by the comic shop. Pretty cool meeting the awesome people who make Johnny Wander. Had a grin on my face the whole time. Then again when I popped open book 1 and read a few pages.

Never stop drawing/writing JW.

Hey Yuko ! GOTTA GO FAST !!

Comment by Giorgi (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 02:59

Hey Yuko ! GOTTA GO FAST !!

Hunger Games?

Comment by Alison (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 06:19

Was somebody excited about/re-reading the Hunger Games? I know I got an intense urge to climb a tree watching that movie :3

Climb zee tree!

Comment by AmbrosiaWriter (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 07:43

My favorite part is how at the end she just up and leaves Ananth there without even a second glance. Completely natural!

Does Yuko ride a folding

Comment by Fourth of May (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 08:22

Does Yuko ride a folding bike?

You're in Portland! Yaaaaaay!

Comment by Celli (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 08:55

I'm bringing my copy of volume one and can't wait to see two for real! And meet you both! Eeeeeeek!

I'll be the hyperactive amazon.

Oh lordy, I'm moving to

Comment by Katzilla (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 10:23

Oh lordy, I'm moving to Portland. Do I want to live in the same city as George?! D:

Punchmonkies....

Climbing trees!

Comment by Pete Burnside (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 10:51

Hey Yuko and Ananth, a friend of a friend of mine recently made a super cool video about climbing trees! Just though you'd like to check it out after your recent escapade :D

You should have a look at his other videos he did of the Lake District here in the UK, featuring some classic UK climbers. I was really impressed with the quality of them.

Anyways, don't ever stop making comics! Or cool t-shirts :P

wait what

Comment by taeli (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 15:09

That was a very John-like stance and delivery. I can't be the only one to think this.

when is the shop gonna be back up?

Comment by ninjatails (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 17:15

I wanna buy stuuuuuuff

♫ One short day in the

Comment by David A. (not verified) Wed, 03/28/2012 - 17:34

♫ One short day in the emerald city! ♫

Awesome comic once again!

A sailor will tell you you

Comment by Jenny Creed (not verified) Fri, 05/04/2012 - 01:32

A sailor will tell you you have to see the sea sometimes. There's no reason for it, you just have to. The sea is its own reason.

So yeah.

Hi there this is somewhat of

Comment by Ping Hollenbach (not verified) Sat, 05/26/2012 - 14:23

Hi there this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated! Ping Hollenbach

This post is all about info

Comment by sarah (not verified) Mon, 09/24/2012 - 11:43

This post is all about info related to floating world. I want to say thanks for this nice and informative post. Keep it up in future as well.