Oh gosh

Oh gosh

Thu, 04/05/2012 - 17:09 by Ananth in response to taking compliments like a pro with yuko

Haha, this happened to Yuko more than once on the West coast! People seem to be super friendly and ready to compliment and chat with you, which startled us. It was nice and we got used to it!

We're still recovering, but slowly getting back on track! The store is back up. We have very few t-shirts left now - if you'd like a CMYCat, Phoenix Down or Hokusai shirt, snag one now while there's still time! We're not sure when we'll reprint them.

I'm going to call it here - have a good weekend and we'll catch you next week!

Comments

I would have chatted Yuki up

Comment by Julie (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 18:09

I would have chatted Yuki up if I was there! :-) Some woman asked me how I was today and she seemed rather flustered when I actually responded and asked her how she was, and muttered "I was just being nice..." o.0 *scratches head*

err *Yuko sorry!!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 04:36

err *Yuko sorry!!

Her One Weakness

Comment by David Herbert (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 18:35

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at compliments too. I always wonder if the person is being patronising or something.

ahahahahahaha yeah i've

Comment by weesa (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 19:35

ahahahahahaha yeah i've heard us westerners are pretty nice

d-do people not like talking back east?

I've lived in the east and

Comment by Ducky (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 04:31

I've lived in the east and southwest. When I lived in the east people were... not unfriendly per se but a little less forthcoming. It was the only thing I really missed about the southwest. (Where it's likely for people to call you 'sweetie', are super friendly, and openly talk with you like they've known you forever.)

Just say "CARL SAGAN!"

Comment by Henry (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 19:48

Just say "CARL SAGAN!"

:c

Comment by Vanessa (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 20:04

That's me all the time. T_T

eh-heh-heh I saw you guys at

Comment by Katherine (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 21:25

eh-heh-heh
I saw you guys at Wondercon and I was kind of the same way as Yuko?!! a-ahh I seemed to have caught like the crippling shy-ness and all I could muster out was that I was a really big fan before kind of awkwardly running away ahhh -dies inside from embarrassment- LOL

We're nice here on the West

Comment by Hotaru-hime (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 21:27

We're nice here on the West Coast. ^__^
Too bad I couldn't go to Emerald City Comic-Con...

YAY!

Comment by Lela (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 21:32

Oh YAY! People like your haircut! I cut your hair! Good job Lela and Yuko!

THIS IS ME

Comment by SuileanDubh (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 21:43

Every time, I'm just thinking, "Your motive: what is it?"

Ahaha, completely true

Comment by Dielji (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 23:30

Saw you guys at ECCC, totally thought about chatting you up, but you looked exhausted. I was the guy lurking around who had a moon for a head. It's true, though, us west-coasters will happily chat with anybody.

Dawww. It was fun meeting

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Thu, 04/05/2012 - 23:58

Dawww.
It was fun meeting you guys at Wondercon, I hope you guys enjoyed the cookies and strawberries. I should really take a picture of the two maws(maw?) in their cake and party hats.

Spaghetti

Comment by Hocksmonovits (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 00:23

Spaghettiiiiiiii

Oh Yuko...

Comment by Kitsumaharu (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 00:24

I imagine Yuko is a very cute person. Hahaha, she's small and seems very shy. But I normally act the same way she does when I get complimented. Sometimes I laugh (because I'm happy) but my boyfriend thinks I'm laughing at him! Aaaaa. Oh well.
Have you thought of other styles? I think you'd look great in mid length hair. =D

Yup!

Comment by Jujubee (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 11:36

We west coasters are a friendly lot. :3

People down here in the

Comment by Dart (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 13:31

People down here in the south-east can be pretty friendly too. We do have our fair share of bigoted assholes that will shut down on you the second they detect you aren't Christian/conservative/straight/etc. Seeing as I'm not exactly the first and am definitely not the last two, that part is pretty terrible and hellish at times. But as much as I slam this place and talk about how much I hate it, honestly, the majority of people here are friendly and nice to everyone in general. Southern hospitality and whatnot.

Actually, our brand of kindness is probably a lot creepier than the West's. I like it because I'm used to it, but someone else might find it a bit disturbing when the shirtless, mulleted guy at the gas station throws his arm around you, calls you 'ol' buddy', and offers to buy you something to eat or drink when you ask him for directions. (Yes, this has happened to me. More than once. With different shirtless, mulleted guys. We have an abundance of those.)

well, if you guys still live

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 14:49

well, if you guys still live in NYC then my guess is that your standards are just pretty low...
cause... like... people pee in subs there, and shout at you upon over taking you from the left when you stop for pedestrians in front of the crossing...
ya... "-_-

I know what you mean by the

Comment by Jax (not verified) Fri, 04/06/2012 - 15:18

I know what you mean by the niceness!!! I lived in NY for a long time, and moved to the south west. People kept smiling and complimenting and being overall nice and all I could think was "Where are all the a**holes?!?" It was a big change of pace. And it took me a while (even the taxi guys are nice!! D8)

8'D

Comment by Sary (not verified) Sat, 04/07/2012 - 11:21

I'm from the West Coast originally and we've just started the moving-back process three weeks ago. [As in, mom and I are here, my dad and sister are still in NC - kid sister is a Sophomore and wants to graduate high school before the move, and dad needs to retire and sell the house]. Unfortunately I don't really know/remember anyone except family and family friends [most of which are waaaaay older than I am] due to being a military brat -and- the fact that I was 6 or 7 when we moved away [to Oahu, then on to NC when dad retired from the Navy]. But it's way obvious I was meant to be here xD I'm pretty weird, which is the norm here in Ashland, OR. Glad you guys got a taste of WESTERN hospitality!

Also. Yuko is freaking adorable, but.. everyone already knew that.

Yep, that's us Westies

Comment by deva713 (not verified) Sun, 04/08/2012 - 14:22

Though, mostly Portlanders. I'd never had full on conversations with random strangers in bars in Seattle but when I moved to Portland it's completely acceptable and commonplace!

Culture Disorientation

Comment by Ryorin (not verified) Mon, 04/09/2012 - 04:35

It can be pretty disorienting going from West to East, too, as I got to experience first hand when visiting relatives in Maryland not long ago. I'm used to store employees at least asking if they can help me with anything when I enter. Being completely ignored was bizarre.

No one else said it, so I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 04/09/2012 - 17:41

No one else said it, so I will.

Lady-Tintin.

Time for adventures.

This has sure come a long

Comment by Gaylesking (not verified) Tue, 04/10/2012 - 16:18

This has sure come a long way from being mistaken for a teenage boy! People are finally recognizing Yuko for her inner beauty, or maybe it's just proof that the West Coast is better.

so basically she turns into

Comment by matt (not verified) Tue, 04/10/2012 - 20:42

so basically she turns into whats-his-face, mihashi, from that baseball anime, is what you're saying. 8<>

You should come to Ireland!

Comment by lany (not verified) Mon, 04/16/2012 - 14:17

I don't think I'd like NY if the people are all that horrible to each other!!! D:
Ye should come to Ireland! :D We're nice people!!

Yuko turned into Fluttershy?

Comment by Mr. MacRoss (not verified) Sat, 04/28/2012 - 16:34

Would it be Flutterko? Yukoshy?

Um...I mean...if that's okay with you...

I've heard west coast can be

Comment by Noni (not verified) Wed, 05/16/2012 - 13:34

I've heard west coast can be a bit of a culture shock? People smile a lot and are pretty friendly. I'm from Oregon, so it's just commonplace.
Oregon is apparently even more laid back than the rest of the west coast. >_> Like...when people honk their car horns here it's really startling, and the immediate assumption is that they're an asshole and have some kind of road rage problem. Unless someone is in danger, car horns are rude...lol.
That is not the case at all in lots of other states. XD

I think Yuko should have

Comment by gripgo phone (not verified) Fri, 12/14/2012 - 06:10

I think Yuko should have been little more controlled while dealing with the west coast people and he should be minimizing his chat with the people over there and concentrate more on his activities here. He should know the team is fully depends on him.