Have a good trip Yuko!

Have a good trip Yuko!

Thu, 04/12/2012 - 13:45 by Ananth in response to this is not my beautiful box

The last box and the end of our tale. Please insert an appropriate quote from your favorite Shakespearean tragedy.

Yuko's off to Japan! There are a few comics from her last trip on the site, and a few more in volume 1 I believe! I am holding down the fort, which mostly means I'll be keeping my head down and working in her absence. Yuko managed to get a bunch of updates done ahead of time, so comics will post as usual.

The very last of our CMYcat, Phoenix Down and Hokusai shirts are in the store! Grab them while you can! Not sure when we'll be reprinting them!

That's all for now! See you next week!

Comments

Wait

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 13:54

Is that just the lid to the box? Who just delivers the lid!?

USPS

Comment by Bob (not verified) Fri, 04/20/2012 - 10:13

The US Postal Service will and they will claim a successful delivery and make you jump through hoops on your insurance claims then short pay you.

They are a joke.

-Bob (Just short of 25 years in the mailing industry.)

And then they wonder why

Comment by typing (not verified) Fri, 05/04/2012 - 10:25

And then they wonder why they're going out of business...

It's not a business

Comment by Lonely wife (not verified) Sat, 06/30/2012 - 16:26

It's not really a business...

Isnt this the last comic but

Comment by Umm (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 13:55

Isnt this the last comic but with less panals?

I lost my entire library the

Comment by Jack T Robyn (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 14:37

I lost my entire library the same way when I sent it USPS, both boxes.

They only gave me the lid and half of what I insured it for.

Favorite Shakespearian

Comment by Allison (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 14:42

Favorite Shakespearian Tragedy quote:

The end of Romeo and Juliet, "All are punished."

well, that is not just a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 07/21/2012 - 15:23

well, that is not just a regular "hook-up date" imho

There is water at the bottom of the ocean.

Comment by Pandiculator (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 15:48

So, just don't ask yourself "My God, what have I done?"

Good luck in Japan, and good luck holding down the fort!

Same as it ever was?

Comment by Byrnenup (not verified) Fri, 04/13/2012 - 17:55

So glad I wasn't the only one thinking of this song while reading this comic. I was about to leave a comment that at least the shippers just got the box, and not his beautiful wife or beautiful house. Decapitation in people & homes > decapitation of boxes on a mess/blood scale.

Please tell me I'm right.

Comment by Teh Scud (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 16:49

The alt text is totally a reference to the Talking Heads, right? RIGHT?

I'm not the only one!

Comment by Lydia (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 17:36

literally never comment on these strips (even though I've been reading for like a year) but... talking heads!

"Alas! I knew him Horatio. I

Comment by Xera (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 18:17

"Alas! I knew him Horatio. I knew him."

I feel kinda bad...

Comment by Suilean Dubh (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 18:59

Because I laughed at this. I'm sorry. It's just so ridiculously bad.

UH I MEAN WAIT NO

Comment by Suilean Dubh (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 19:02

I mean what happened, with the boxes, that is very much an unfortunate thing which happened to you and I am really sorry that it happened but it's also kind of funny so I laughed but I guess that's why you made a comic of it and it's a good comic I like it and so I guess it's good I laughed but still sorry and... I think the only way I can stop rambling at this point is if someone punches me in the face.

*punch!* :D

Comment by Miyavidechu (not verified) Tue, 04/17/2012 - 16:16

*punch!* :D

That happened to me too but...

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 19:43

I think an older address underneath survived and the box got redirected there... so in the end, I got...most of my stuff, water logged of course.... but I also got part of someone ELSES package. so basically boxes broke apart and they threw a buncha stuff together I guess. =/

Romeo and Juliet

Comment by Dippindots (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 20:41

"For never was there a story of more woe than that of the box, Ananth and his Yuko."

homg

Comment by rufi (not verified) Mon, 04/16/2012 - 21:52

Is this a reference to The Lay of Sir Travien? I might explode from giddy delight if it is.

"The lady doth protest too

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/12/2012 - 20:47

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Knew this would be misused

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 04/16/2012 - 16:39

This quote is so often misused out of context. It's not protest as in to complain about or speak against something, but protest as to simply speak or make declarations.

To be, or not to be?

Comment by 13thprotector (not verified) Fri, 04/13/2012 - 09:28

I guess the box, was not to be.

Blender

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/13/2012 - 16:46

Is it the other half to David Willis' blender??

And you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Comment by CameoAppearance (not verified) Fri, 04/13/2012 - 18:54

Same as it ever was.

Or maybe not.

This

Comment by Ferret (not verified) Sun, 04/15/2012 - 12:36

is exactly what I came to the comments to say xD
It's a lovely song

Not the Blender

Comment by bv728 (not verified) Fri, 04/13/2012 - 21:55

But you are not the only people this has happened to. See http://www.comicbooked.com/diamond-comics-distributors-an-incredible-jou... for more info - when the box is seriously damaged, this is not an unusual event. Not that seriously damaged boxes are usual, but they happen. The greatest safety your box has is anonymity. The package handler is not having a good day, because a good day does not involve handling packages. But, fortunately, he does not have the time to mangle every package personally.

Or, as a friend of mine who worked for a major package handling company once said 'Write Fragile on your package, I can read. But the conveyer belts can't, and they outnumber me.'

End of this day's business ere it come

Comment by Marc Antony (not verified) Sat, 04/14/2012 - 13:53

"Here lie the ruins of the noblest box art the ruins of that ever lived in the tides shipping. Woe to the hand that smushed this costly box!"

*Exit, pursued by a bear.*

Comment by Raindrum (not verified) Sun, 04/15/2012 - 02:20

*Exit, pursued by a bear.*

Bad luck?

Comment by James H (not verified) Sun, 04/15/2012 - 14:47

You guys have just have bad luck with post? Love the pacing and composition, especially with the last panel. :)

I can empathize. The same

Comment by Renee (not verified) Fri, 04/20/2012 - 08:57

I can empathize. The same thing happened to me once, except it was a Christmas present I ordered online. It finally arrived... a year later. The packaging was all ripped up, and there was nothing inside.

Is the title and alt text a

Comment by Meer (not verified) Thu, 04/26/2012 - 13:16

Is the title and alt text a reference to Secret Window?

Hey would you mind sharing

Comment by Else Tenebruso (not verified) Tue, 06/12/2012 - 15:02

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm looking to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask! gain muscles

world buy

Comment by world buy (not verified) Sun, 09/16/2012 - 22:34

buy china electronics wholesale from http://www.aworldbuy.comworld buy