Back from TCAF

Back from TCAF

Tue, 05/08/2012 - 19:59 by Ananth in response to japan 2012 travelogue 3

Japan travelogue continues!

We're back from TCAF! It was great! We're exhausted! I can't stop typing exclamation marks! Ahhh!

We need some more time to recuperate so we'll post a little more on Thursday. See you then.

Comments

the pot :o

Comment by AMONymous (not verified) Tue, 05/08/2012 - 20:35

is there any way you could share with us the story behind that pot? like if is has some sort of meaning behind it?

or maybe its just a little pot that you made and put there because hey why the butts not :I

I think

Comment by Deih (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 03:38

I think that pot may have been given to Yuko's relative by her/her family when she was very young, and that's why it's by the grave/shrine/whatever it is because I know very little about Buddhism and Shintoism.

Thanks to the Johnny Wander

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 05/08/2012 - 23:08

Thanks to the Johnny Wander team from Toronto!
(and for the sweet books!)

Must've been interesting.

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Tue, 05/08/2012 - 23:26

I wonder what anyone who looked at your expression would've thought while you were struggling to read.
"Wow, she's really concentrated. I never knew Yuko was so religious."
"She looks kind of... suspicious. Yuko wasn't around 2 years ago when he died, was she?"

It looks like one of the

Comment by Alain (not verified) Tue, 05/08/2012 - 23:33

It looks like one of the first pots I made when I started pottery. It looks like a "pinch pot", with a glazed interior over-running to parts of the exterior. It brings back old memories. If it's as tiny as my own pinch pots then that family grave must be quite small.

Sad little pot

Comment by BearHawkWriter (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 00:21

I had a similar thing happen with a relative of mine. It was actually a woven pot holder instead of a little clay pot, but it made me feel a bit bad for not knowing the relative that well.

I think this is one of my

Comment by Cake (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 05:58

I think this is one of my favourite JW comics ever.

TCAF

Comment by Wax Wolf (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 07:03

Great to see you guys at TCAF. Thanks for the book and fancy hat sketch. Don't tell anyone, but you are the coolest of all the internets.

back story

Comment by 13thprotector (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 07:51

I bet there's one behind the pot and the cousin, but it's all up to you if you want to tell us. No matter, keep up the good work.

Yay! It was awesome seeing

Comment by Abelle (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 08:32

Yay! It was awesome seeing you guys at TCAF, thank you for my Maw/Dragon and the gorgeous b9 book :D Can't wait for next year already.

Hi again

Comment by Cattus (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 10:49

It was really nice to see you guys at TCAF. I hope you were able to enjoy the city a bit.

By the way - The Museum of Anthropology is at UBC not Simon Fraser U as I mistakenly thought. I know you'll love a visit there. Here's a link for you and for all.

Take care

WE'RE THOSE GUYS, YOU KNOW

Comment by THOSE GUYS (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 14:41

it was nice seeing you two again.

-from us

Yuko and Ananth! It was

Comment by Ann (not verified) Wed, 05/09/2012 - 15:22

Yuko and Ananth! It was great meeting you guys at TCAF (I was the girl who had American money and no Canadian money despite being in a Canadian city) but I realized 2 things:

1. I had a funny mug to give you guys - forgot
2. I bought the Vol 2 book and only Yuko signed it...in my ADD attempts to get a tote, talk to Ananth, and get pics with you guys, I grabbed the book before Ananth could sign it ;__;. Next time Gadget, next time?

It's a pity you don't have a

Comment by Danyel Michaud (not verified) Mon, 12/24/2012 - 21:20

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon! Danyel Michaud