The Exquisite Beast

The Exquisite Beast

Thu, 05/24/2012 - 16:52 by Ananth in response to inscrutable social rules

This was a really weird conversation I overheard on the way home. I've got no idea what social rule was broken, but it was pretty serious guys! Those guys were pretty serious.

Have you been checking out the Exquisite Beast lately? They're up to beast 37, and the progress is pretty neat. It takes a long, windy path to get to where it currently is!

That's all for us! It's been a fairly busy week for us, and there's still one day to go ... let's do this! See you next week!

Comments

I went to an acting class

Comment by adam (not verified) Thu, 05/24/2012 - 17:22

I went to an acting class last night and our teacher said he and his acting pals used to practice by doing their lines on the subway and trying to make it so no one could tell they were acting... maybe you were witnessing high drama in progress :D

At least he didn't call him

Comment by Hoopajoo (not verified) Thu, 05/24/2012 - 18:33

At least he didn't call him a crazy pizza with cheese.

This isn't that odd. Really.

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Thu, 05/24/2012 - 20:18

I've seen and taken part in many of the same sorts of discussions, and they usually end just about like this. It's fairly common, as far as things that seem completely random go.

His parents drowned in raw

Comment by Jill (not verified) Thu, 05/24/2012 - 21:58

His parents drowned in raw cookie dough.

The whole story

Comment by BearHawkWriter (not verified) Thu, 05/24/2012 - 22:42

He has diabeetus, and can no longer have cookie dough.

Never call a cute redhead Carrot Cake.

Comment by Shoebox (not verified) Fri, 05/25/2012 - 00:54

People have died for less.

nothin'

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 05/25/2012 - 11:08

nothin' crueler than sharp words

I'm eagerly waiting for the

Comment by Fistman (not verified) Fri, 05/25/2012 - 16:43

I'm eagerly waiting for the moment the beast finally evolves to a humanoid being.

OH NO HE DI'IINNNTTTTT

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 05/27/2012 - 19:43

OH NO HE DI'IINNNTTTTT

Peculiar.

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Mon, 05/28/2012 - 09:16

The number of comments is oddly low for a Thursday comic.

ohgodthis

Comment by Puck (not verified) Tue, 03/12/2013 - 04:46

is every social interaction I have ever ;---;

Mimicry (for attempts at social acceptance) will come back to nosh on your tuchus. Its a ridiculously slippery slope.