Medieval Times

Medieval Times

Tue, 06/05/2012 - 18:00 by Ananth in response to caldwell and the very medieval times birthday

For Caldwell's birthday we got him a tiny king's cloak and crown and Katie got him a scepter that makes a magical glittery sound when you wave it. We piled onto the party bus and rode on down to Medieval Times with his coworkers at College Humor, where we proceeded to cheer the heck out the red knight in a manner most rowdy. The green knight won (the green knight always wins?) but he crowned a little girl the Queen of Love and Beauty and that was pretty adorable. Anyway, happy birthday Caldwell! That was my first time at Medieval Times and it was really fun.

Also: the Venus transit is happening right now! It's where you can see the silhouette of Venus against the sun. Check it out.

That's all, I'd say! See you on Thursday!

Comments

Every time I've ever been to

Comment by theSecretkeith (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 18:58

Every time I've ever been to Medieval Times, the green night has always been the evil one. He always almost always wins.. it's the big finale that he gets beaten.

The Green Knight

Comment by Bakamoichigei (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 19:18

Gotta second that. Went to Medieval Times when I was in school, like twenty (thousand) years ago, and we were in the green knight's cheering section, and he was doing pretty good until OH NOES, he's some kind of traitorous evil cheater! :O

That was a helluva time though. Really coolass place to go as a kid. :3

I went there on a school

Comment by RienLe (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 20:09

I went there on a school trip once. We were part of the green knight's section and were, by far, the largest group. We cheered , whooped, hollered, and screamed the loudest. We started cheering EVEN LOUDER after it turned out the green knight was the bad guy. We got to boo at the king. It was glorious.

Thanks for rubbing salt in

Comment by Steg (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 19:55

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound for those of us in cloudy, light polluted NYC. Aka Jersey. I hear the view will be great from Hawaii

Eh, at least it was at a

Comment by tahrey (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 11:28

Eh, at least it was at a semi-sensible time for you guys. Over here it ended at about 5.40am ... after the sun rose at 5.30... I chose to sleep through it as the horizon's pretty busy round my way (I'd have to drive 15+ minutes each way to get to anything approaching decent unobstructed high ground), lack of any dark material to watch it through, high likelihood of the sky being ten-tenths etc...

Maybe I'll just live to be 200 and catch it next time.

Oh, where I'm from it's the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 20:36

Oh, where I'm from it's the red knight who always wins. Glad it was fun though!

For me, the Green Knight was

Comment by Kitkat (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 21:21

For me, the Green Knight was the villain, and everyone knew it from the start. He almost won the whole thing, I think he was at the last round to fight against the black and white knight (mine! Who threw me a flower!), and then the prince they kidnapped escaped and called the Green Knight out on, you know, being evil.

The people in the audience are the best part of Medieval Times, by far. My favorite memory...
Medieval Times King: *raising goblet* For peace!
Dude in Audience: FOR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Happy birthday, Caldwell!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 21:34

Step 4: Profit?

No no...

Comment by BearHawkWriter (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 01:32

For this to be accurate:

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit!

Although I suppose Step 4 could be crowing the little girl.

It changes

Comment by kc (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 21:55

If it makes you feel any better, I've been 3 times and the winning knight has always been different. I even rooted for the green knight up until the point when he was killed by the traitor and the red knight won....

Actually they just changed

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 22:55

Actually they just changed the storyline at Medieval Times so that's probably why the green knight is suddenly NOT EVIL?

Either way, MT is awesome. I don't care what anyone says.

Katie?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/05/2012 - 23:39

You don't mean Katie Tiedrich, do you?

Everyone wins!

Comment by pies (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 00:18

I've been to three different shows and different characters have won each time. I've seen red/yellow, blue, and red win. I've actually never seen the green one win! The green has always been evil..... Is he not evil when he wins?

My experience

Comment by Puzzlement Gum (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 01:31

I've had the Red/Yellow knight win. I was in their section (yay!).

They fell in the first round, but were spared and went to rest in their chambers. The rest of the knights fought to the death and the winner (Green Knight) got stabbed in the back by the Black Knight who had been acting as a sort of MC.

Red/Yellow knight charges back out, makes the Black Knight fall to his knees, and the king calls out to the audience whether or not we should spare them.

Audience screams for blood and this huge torturer comes out with a bull whip in each hand, cracking them like thunder as fog is pouring in under the dimming lights.

Also, one of the horses took a crap right in the middle of the arena during the show. It was funny.

Not much to say but..

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 02:31

That sounds like an awesome birthday. You are awesome. All of you.

Nah, we did Medieval Times

Comment by Modren Librarian (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 06:36

Nah, we did Medieval Times for my birthday back in March. We had the Green Knight and he was the first one out.

Yellow knight won, BOOOOOOO!

Our show also had the 7th guy as the evil dude.

Last time I went, the Red

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 08:12

Last time I went, the Red Knight won.

Awww man, I haven't been to Medival Times in FOREVER

Comment by SuileanDubh (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 08:33

But I remember the winning knight being different... I forget. I did catch a flower from the Yellow Knight once though! I hung on to that thing for the longest time because I was like 11 and the Yellow Knight was hot.

ohman I haven't been to

Comment by Shauna (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 11:19

ohman I haven't been to Medieval Times since my obligatory fourth grade field trip.

I remember that place

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 11:25

I went there with my classmates for our senior year party or something. But we were dorks and only referred to the knights as characters from Game of Thrones

All I remember is that we were seated in the Lannister (yellow/red) section and that the Kingslayer won

Too much cheering

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 11:38

Last time I went to Medieval Times, my friends and I got our section so riled up for our knight and were cheering so loud we basically got told to shut up.

*Boos the Green Knight*

Comment by Liz (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 15:19

The Green Knight doesn't always win. It does actually depend on how the actors perform that night to determine the winner, but the Green Knight is always the villain.

RED KNIGHT

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 06/06/2012 - 19:25

The red knight is the best.
He blew me a kiss and threw me a flower.
BEST KNIGHT.

The Losingest Knight

Comment by Bewildebeest (not verified) Thu, 06/07/2012 - 10:42

Has anyone ever seen the Blue Knight win? The one time I went I was in his section, and he lost pretty hard. I notice no one here has mentioned him.

Medieval times!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 06/07/2012 - 11:23

I've only ever been to the Myrtle Beach, SC castle. And after years and years of going, I've been in every section. I've always seen the green knight as the villain there, or at least the meanest one. Each knight has won at least once while I've been there as well. I want to see the one in Atlanta and see if the show is any different.

The green knight always wins

Comment by JTSkibbles (not verified) Sat, 06/09/2012 - 20:16

The green knight always wins where you are? I went one time with my brother and the Red and Yellow one won, and his pictures were on all of the merchandise so I figured he always won. Maybe each location has one that always wins? Also that makes me sad because we were in the green section when we went XD

Great Birthday times!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/12/2012 - 14:54

That sounds like a great birthday. I made everyone have "high tea" with me for my last birthday (tons of sandwiches, including some classless fluffer nutters with chocolate frosting). And they all had to wear chincey $1 hats because I couldn't find nice affordable hats. I love weird birthday parties!

BLACK AND WHITE. BLACK AND

Comment by Lego3400 (not verified) Wed, 06/20/2012 - 19:38

BLACK AND WHITE. BLACK AND WHITE!

I wonder where my banner went...

Have you ever considered

Comment by Edison Webbs (not verified) Fri, 01/11/2013 - 10:29

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and all. But think about if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this blog could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its field. Great blog! herbal tinnitus cure