I'm probably in denial

I'm probably in denial

Thu, 07/05/2012 - 18:49 by Ananth in response to a dangerous addiction

We have a serious book problem! I mean, I wouldn't call it a problem. Other people call it a problem. I'm good man. I can control myself.

*LOADS AMAZON.COM*

We've recently been buying more french comics! Exploring a little outside of American comics to see what's going on overseas. It's neat to see the sensibility of one country filter through the minds of another ... there's a lot of post-manga(?? or whatever you call it) stuff going on at some french publishers right now and I'm pretty into it. One day I'll do a long ol' tumblr post about some of our favorites.

Anyway, hope you had a happy 4th! We went to Staten Island, which was lovely. The ferry is also pretty nice, and free! I wish I could sit on that thing with a notebook and just ride it back and forth all day.

That's all for us this week - see you next Tuesday!

Comments

This is a physical

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/09/2012 - 19:22

This is a physical representation of most people after a steam sale.

Well, if you're fine with

Comment by MadH (not verified) Tue, 07/10/2012 - 12:50

Well, if you're fine with webcomics, Boulet translates his diary webcomic into english personally. He's got a nice archive now and still has years left to go before it catches up to the french side! http://english.bouletcorp.com/ You might know him for his 24-hour comic "Darkness" ( http://english.bouletcorp.com/2012/02/01/darkness/ )

He also does plenty of print comics as his main job (he's the one working as the artist on Dungeon/Donjon right now) but I dunno how amazing they are compared to all the other suggestions listed above - can't read french and only found Boulet recently :<

Barbarella

Comment by Lizzie (not verified) Tue, 07/10/2012 - 18:27

It's a healthy addiction! At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

So... French comics eh?? I can dig it. Shall I expecting to see elements of Barbarella in your work now??? Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck.

MY LIFE

Comment by Kou (not verified) Sun, 07/15/2012 - 09:43

I just got back to New York from living a month in the desert (Nevada) and I'm tanner now, meanwhile I ordered comics off the internet and bought a bunch of books so now my bookshelf needs a whole new row.

Every time this happens with a Johnny Wander comic I squeal like a squirrel u__u

Books

Comment by Red Dazes (not verified) Fri, 10/12/2012 - 20:25

If anyone ever tells you that you have too many books , you tell them that they are dirty, dirty liars! You can never have too many books...... NEVER!

Hi! I understand this is

Comment by Wilburn Wolfensperger (not verified) Sat, 11/03/2012 - 08:57

Hi! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I had to ask. Does building a well-established blog like yours require a massive amount work? I'm completely new to blogging however I do write in my journal on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it! Wilburn Wolfensperger