CONNECTICON THIS WEEKEND!

CONNECTICON THIS WEEKEND!

Thu, 07/12/2012 - 14:45 by Ananth in response to monochrome

Don't freak out ... this comic is in COLOR!! We make exceptions for color if they add something to the strip. Yuko has a weird summer tanning process wherein her hair color is constantly coming closer and closer to her skin tone. SOON.

We're at Connecticon this weekend! We'll have V1 & V2, the Benign Kingdom art book, prints and patches!

(figures are at a 1:1 scale)

Come say hello! And we'll catch you next week!

Comments

OHGOD

Comment by Raiser (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 14:51

GIANT ANANTH AND YUKO
WHAT IF THEY BECOME MECHA GIANT YUKO-ANANTH
HELP

I wish my hair and skin actually changed color under prolonged sunlight. Well, other than my skin going from "pasty" to "lobster".

Went fishing with my dad and brother recently. I wore high SPF sunblock. I still got a sunburn. My reaction: ASDFJKLAWHAT

The same thing!

Comment by Pandiculator (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 16:37

I experience the same thing!

Except my hair is red. Oh well.

Me too! (a little bit)

Comment by Dee (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 16:46

My summer coloring doesn't quite equilibrate, but my skin gets darker and my hair gets lighter. And.. it confuses people. I meet new people and get a quizzical look and awkward questions, "so... what are you....?". I go get a haircut and they are baffled/offended because they think I've dyed it but I must have gone to someone else.
And then people tell me to eat seaweed because it will make my hair darker (old wives' tale?) as if I need fixing.

Ha! I see what you did

Comment by daveawayfromhome (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 17:54

Ha! I see what you did there; you made a color comic about being monochrome.

Man, Connecticut must be

Comment by NiK (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 18:30

Man, Connecticut must be tiny...

And thankfully (or unthankfully?) I never have that problem because I never go outside unless it's under the cover of darkness.

CMKY

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 19:19

Cyan Magenta rooK Yuko ?

Anime precedent for this

Comment by Opus the Poet (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 19:40

If anyone is familiar with the anime Peach Girl, the lead character does this except her hair goes red instead of light brown.

So what you're saying is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 20:06

So what you're saying is that Yuko is some kind of animated chocolate statue with chameleon powers. IT'S SO OBVIOUS NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT.

Otakon

Comment by Tabris (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 23:29

Please say that you will also be at otakon?

Oh, hee! I must say by the

Comment by j (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 03:58

Oh, hee! I must say by the time your hair and skin meet, you probably look like a milk-chocolate Yuko-bar. That last frame made me hungry for chocolate in any case.

Cute~

Lack of Eyes

Comment by Mike (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 06:25

I'm always amazed at how much expression you can manage to bring to two main characters whose eyes are not visible.

I have such a crush on

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 07:28

I have such a crush on Yuko.... >3>

Living in Taipei, I'm always

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 08:56

Living in Taipei, I'm always floored by how many Japanese/chinese women here are overly scared of the sun and arm workouts. In just 5 comics or so (with the rock climbing one) you have gone against all that noise that they worry about, thank you for that. Also, crushing pretty bad right now, can't find ANY woman here that wants to spend time in the sun.

This + Korra arms == Tiny

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 13:11

This + Korra arms == Tiny Korra?! Which is adorable/awesome.
Adorablawseome.

Adorablossom sounds like a pokemon.

I don't remember what my original point was.

wolololololo

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 13:27

driver's tan, driver's tan
from my elbow to my hand
drove around, window's down
now my left arm is all brown

at least she won't have to

Comment by Nathan (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 13:40

at least she won't have to worry about being vitamin D deficient

I saw you guys at

Comment by Rev (not verified) Fri, 07/13/2012 - 21:53

I saw you guys at connecticon.. But I was so shy I couldn't even say hi. You guys look awesome in person. And Yuko you're not that dark.

Good on you Ananth

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 07/14/2012 - 00:25

Hiding away in Connecticut while the internet explodes over the announcement at Comiccon

I think this happened to me

Comment by Dee (not verified) Tue, 07/17/2012 - 13:36

I think this happened to me one year.

been there