Hot hot hot

Hot hot hot

Thu, 07/19/2012 - 17:12 by Ananth in response to a song of ice and aaaablaugh

ALRIGHT so this comic is patently untrue and I am not some jerk who lounges in the AC while Yuko bakes!! But it was funnier to frame it that way so we did. We tend to keep the AC on for part of the day so the cats don't melt (also so we don't melt). Anyway I hope you enjoyed this FICTION. I'M NOT A JERK!! You believe me right??

When it gets hot the cats turn into big furry slugs. Their legs disappear and they just kind of ooze onto the hardwood floor. At least they're not slimy! Nah, slugs are alright man.

I read a weird Junji Ito story where a girl's tongue turns into a slug.

I think I'm having a weird day life.

See you next week!

Comments

WAIT

Comment by pjunk (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 17:17

Where can I find this Junji Ito story...

I think that particular

Comment by Broreale (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 17:50

I think that particular manga is Uzumaki, if I recall correctly. It's been a while since I read it last, but Uzumaki is fan-damn-tastic.

Hmm

Comment by pjunk (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 18:42

No, I've read Uzumaki, and I'm fairly certain that's not it. There were human snails and tongues that curled up into spirals, but I think that's as close as it gets.

if we're already talking

Comment by Blue Fox (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 00:36

if we're already talking about Junji Ito and cats. He has one volume manga call "Junji Ito's cat diary". It's comic and amusing especially since he draws it just like his horror manga (as in, everyone has shades under their eyes and etc. )

not so bad...

Comment by Neti Pot (not verified) Wed, 08/29/2012 - 08:26

not so bad...

Heat Wave

Comment by shadowrider (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 20:03

Between the series of heat waves and drought it's been pretty bad heat wise the last few week. The ac has been on more or less constantly so that us and the cats don't melt from the heat and high humidity. The other day was 45*C with the humidex. It was awful. Oh and the thunderstorm that banged around but not a drop of rain.
Hope you managed to stay cool enough.

Would also like to hear more on the Junji Ito story.

I love hearing stories like

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 20:46

I love hearing stories like this about your weather over there! I'm from Australia and we're in Winter right now and today is 17*C. I find it interesting how we think such different temperatures are warm/cold. 35-40*C is our normal Summer :) BTW awesome comic. I love your style!

Weirdly my mom's black cat

Comment by shauna (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 21:02

Weirdly my mom's black cat seems to like the heat, the other two react normally.

It was like that here for a while, and my house doesn't have air conditioning so I spend a lot of time in the library.

He who controls the AC,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 21:09

He who controls the AC, controls the world.

Oh, no! Poor Yuko!

Comment by Alain (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 21:55

Oh, no! Poor Yuko!

Junji Ito

Comment by Deih (not verified) Thu, 07/19/2012 - 23:01

lol Uzomaki is a great story.. Guy turns into a slug!

On Slug Cats

Comment by BearHawkWriter (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 00:55

I once had a cat that literally tried to turned himself into a slug on hot days. He would jump into the little kiddie pool we had in the backyard and get himself soaked to the bone, then he wouldn't even shake himself off for about ten minutes. He would just walk back into the kitchen in all his black furry mop-ness and ooze across the floor. We would have emptied the kiddie pool, but he was a long-haired cat with no other way of cooling down during the summer.

Don't worry Ananth, I don't

Comment by Paige (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 02:18

Don't worry Ananth, I don't believe that anyone would think that you're a Jerk. Especially those who follow this strip would know that you are nothing but a sweetheart to Yuko. :D

Of air and conditioning

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 03:51

You have an AC. That must be nice.

It's +28 °C indoors here, and it's forbidden to install any units of any kind on the building's wall, and AC units indoors are barred due to noise concerns. No air moves in this 70s concrete silo. Such is life in Soviet Finland.

Now if you'll excuse, I should google Junji Ito.

Slugs are not alright

Comment by C (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 06:55

Slugs are not alright. They are cannibalistic and leave slime trails all over your clothing given the opportunity.

Cats who think they are slugs are cute though ^^.

And no one thinks you are a jerk, Ananth.

How does she do it

Comment by Dr3w (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 08:56

Does anyone else find melty-candle-Yuko to be absolutely adorable? How does that even happen?

Mold

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/20/2012 - 18:35

You're going to need a bigger ice tray...

not much bigger mind you.

This reminds me of the last

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Sat, 07/21/2012 - 11:47

This reminds me of the last room I stayed in. The AC was regularly set to 73-76 (I needed it at 73 to even feel it in my room). The rest of the house was good, the girl who owned the house and the master suite, her room was FREEZING. But most nights, my room was about as hot as it was outside, which has been 84ish as of late. I would get nose bleeds from the heat in my room, and that's just crap >=\ It got over 100 yesterday but the AC in the new place is like NAW MAN, LET'S MAKE IT 74, and it actually works. I'm still finding it strange to come home from work and my room to feel nice.

Oh wow, next one is number

Comment by Sally (not verified) Sat, 07/21/2012 - 14:35

Oh wow, next one is number 400! :D

I have my workspace set up

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 07/22/2012 - 09:47

I have my workspace set up in the sunroom, where there is no AC ,and until a few days ago we were in the middle of a drought. I know that feeling.

Candle Yuko

Comment by Ben (not verified) Tue, 07/24/2012 - 07:19

Somewhere, someone, right now, is cutting out some little paper glasses and sticking them on an old candle. If not, then by golly I know I will be!

During the summer, I put a

Comment by catcicles (not verified) Tue, 07/24/2012 - 09:35

During the summer, I put a wet towel in the freezer. When my cats get too hot, I pull out the frozen towel and they bask in its icy glory.

Does anyone else find