The Kickstarter is over!

The Kickstarter is over!

Tue, 08/07/2012 - 17:50 by Ananth in response to burn it down and start over

... throw it out. Just kidding, just kidding.

OR AM I???

I am.

This is another left-handed comic! Yuko's taking it easy until she sees a doctor next week. But take a look at the archive ... they're starting to look more and more like regular right-handed comics! Bananas!

The Benign Kingdom Fall 2012 Kickstarter is over! We're blown away by the interest everyone has shown, very cool and thank you. I spent last night putting the finishing touches on Aaron and Emmy's books - exciting! Can't wait for you guys & gals to see them.

I think that's all for us! It's been a busy week and it's only Tuesday, so I'm gonna take it easy. See you Thursday!

Comments

wowwwee

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 18:16

I had no idea that this was a left-handed comic 'til I read the blog post. Holy ambidexterity, Yuko!

Same for me. Impressive.

Comment by OrcishIncubus (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 19:21

Same for me. Impressive. Good job, Yuko!

But then everything will be new

Comment by David (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 18:19

If you constantly replace all your things, they'll always be brand new and shiny.

Don't throw it out! Just

Comment by shiny_things (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 18:20

Don't throw it out! Just take it to the thrift store. That was my dad's strategy in college. The thrift store would sell washed and ironed shirts for a quarter, so he'd buy some, wear them, and return them. Easier than doing laundry.

I feel the same way when I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 18:57

I feel the same way when I look at my bedroom. I could clean it, OR I could throw everything out and get new stuff.

Wow Yuko got really good at

Comment by Frank Tinsley (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 19:55

Wow Yuko got really good at left-hand drawing! I say just keep using the left now. ;D The little wiggles kind of make it even cuter! X3

I wish I could draw half

Comment by James (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 19:56

I wish I could draw half that good with my dominant hand.

Can I just say I respect the

Comment by Jubal (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 20:20

Can I just say I respect the hell out of the fact that Yuko continues to draw these despite an entirely reasonable excuse to take a (well-earned) break? Most webcomic artists will stop drawing for months at a time if they so much as get a splinter in their finger. What does Yuko do? DRAWS LEFT HANDED.
Respect.

I seriously almost could not

Comment by Katrika (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 20:45

I seriously almost could not tell this was a left-handed comment. Yuko's making leaps and bounds with her left-handed line smoothness! It'd almost be a neat experiment if she kept practicing left handed even once her right hand heals, just to see where she can get to. I mean, not drawing everything left handed or anything, but just practicing.

You already commented about

Comment by Kou (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 21:15

You already commented about how her left-handed comics are soon going to make us forget they're left-handed and I literally forgot again.

We've come to far.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 22:21

Haha, I think this is one of my favourite Johnny Wander comics. Our first two or three solutions to anything we couldn't be bothered dealing with, from house problems to cat problems to health problems, was usually "we should just burn it down and start again." Luckily it was never put into action.

...except for that one time.

This is seriously impressive.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 08/07/2012 - 23:14

The trick now is to see how her right-handed drawing looks after a break.

WOW

Comment by tabby (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 00:12

she truly has a gift :D

to continue this series of horror strips...

Comment by Alain (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 00:44

A few seconds more like this and you'll end up with a cat box stuck on your head, wandering around, terrorizing people in the corridors and then the streets.

Woah Yuko, you're amazing! I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 01:30

Woah Yuko, you're amazing! I hope all goes well with the doctor's appointment.

G'lord yes. It's been said,

Comment by Stalj (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 03:02

G'lord yes. It's been said, but that lefthanded arting is seriously impressive.

Alternative Text

Comment by Leons Movie Reviews (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 03:24

Iam realized just now, this comic has an alternative text, when you hold the mouse on the picture.

I was really enjoying the

Comment by Lita (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 04:53

I was really enjoying the shaky quality of the last few left handed comics, it added visual tension to them. But wow, Yuko is impressive to make this one look so normal! Good luck at your appointment.

A while back, I was in a

Comment by Pirate Tom (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 05:18

A while back, I was in a motorcycle wreck (Yes, I know, they're dangerous. BUT AWESOME.) and shattered my right shoulder. Of course I'm right handed. I tried drawing lefty too, but it did not turn out nearly so well. But, after a month or two of learning to do everything one handed and lefty, I'm back to two hand wonderfulness! And you know, Frank Frazetta switched hands after a stroke. And he was STILL awesome.

Get well Yuko! <3

Comment by Red (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 07:22

Get well Yuko! <3

Southpaw grammar

Comment by Mike R (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 08:30

I thought this was a regular right-handed comic till I saw the news post! That's wicked impressive - I can barely sign my name left-handed, let alone draw a passable comic, let alone draw an amazing looking comic! Wow. The progression in quality in drawing lefty has been quick & impressive. Hope you get some relief / good news at the doc's, Yuko!

I can't believe this is

Comment by ReneJ (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 09:58

I can't believe this is another left handed comment! I couldn't even tell! Yuko is so amazingly talented! :) I hope her hand gets better soon!

WHAT HAPPENED TO CRICKET!?

Comment by Katie's little sister (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 10:14

WHAT HAPPENED TO CRICKET!? *erm* I mean, oh dear, I hope dearest Cricket is okay and only has a check up thingie-ma-who-zits.....

I got tendonitis in both

Comment by Delcatty (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 10:30

I got tendonitis in both wrists from a job I started in May. It's tough, but if that's what it is (or even Carpal Tunnel), there's a high recovery rate if everything is done correctly. I wear braces every night and that even has helped heaps. I'm supposed to ice my wrists, but I only do that if I've been at work and doing hard work.
If it's either of those issues, don't get a prescription from the doctor for painkillers (aka, Naproxen). Mine told me to get Aleve and Tylenol Arthritis, which are both over the counter. Aleve is a better brand of Naproxen than what the pharmacies will give you (weird, I know), and the Tylenol Arthritis is the same as regular, only it lasts longer.
But good luck! I know I'd be dead if I couldn't use my right hand at all. x__x

THROW IT ON THE GROUND!

Comment by il biggo (not verified) Wed, 08/08/2012 - 13:33

If I tried writing or

Comment by Erin (not verified) Thu, 08/09/2012 - 00:13

If I tried writing or drawing with my right hand (I'm a lefty) I'm pretty sure no one would be able to tell what was on the page. Giant kudos to you, Yuko! I seriously didn't realize it was a lefty until the comments!

HOW CAN YOU BE SO GOOD

Comment by James (not verified) Thu, 08/09/2012 - 01:07

HOW CAN YOU BE SO GOOD DRAWING LEFT-HANDED

An ambidextrous artist

Comment by Theresa (not verified) Thu, 08/09/2012 - 01:14

Yuko is. Nice.

Wow! I can barely tell it's

Comment by The Mighty Pegasus (not verified) Thu, 08/09/2012 - 05:22

Wow! I can barely tell it's a left-handed comic. Good on ya!

Start with the legs...

Comment by Arnab (not verified) Sat, 08/11/2012 - 05:54

Now that you are equally good with both hands...maybe you should start drawing with a leg. ;P

That's it!

Comment by elorg (not verified) Mon, 08/13/2012 - 09:18

The Mr & I sometimes get tired of cleaning and chores (only sometimes?). We frequently throw our hands up and declare "That's it! Sell the house!" as the solution. :)

Hi outstanding website! Does

Comment by Jeffry (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 14:40

Hi outstanding website! Does running a blog such as this take a large amount of work? I have very little expertise in programming however I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic but I just had to ask. Thanks a lot! build muscle