The left hand lives

The left hand lives

Thu, 08/09/2012 - 17:34 by Ananth in response to omnivore cat

It's not that Rook is vegetarian, or a carnivore, or anything like that. It's just that he's always hungry and loves to eat. I think it would be easier to list what he doesn't like to eat. Here we go:

That should cover it.

More left-handed comics, till Tuesday at least! That's doctor day.

Shows: We'll be doing SPX and NYCC this year, and I believe that's it. More details on those as we get them.

See you next week!

Comments

Oh, cats, you so crazy

Comment by Anna (not verified) Sat, 08/11/2012 - 02:23

Oh man, I recognise this! Our cat has been known to turn away chicken and other tasty dishes just to raid the bowl of corn. And she eats vanilla buns, too.

Kitties are weird.

Popcorn

Comment by drmike (not verified) Sun, 08/12/2012 - 11:59

We had a very large stray that we rescued who would basically sit in front of the food dish and not let any of the other cats, including the house cats, at it. Our vet suggested feeding the cat popcorn for the same reason why it's suggested for humans. It's supposed to fill the tummy making you feel full while not having a whole lot of calories. The vet strongly reminded us though to watch for kernels as cats can't digest them and they will cause blockages. Also to lay off of the butter as cats don't need the fat.

We already would pop corn a few times a week so it wasn't that big of a deal to leave a bowl of it out for them. Plus they liked to bop it around and play with them so it was a plus.

My Akita eats apples. He

Comment by Yu Huo (not verified) Mon, 08/13/2012 - 10:32

My Akita eats apples. He LOVES apples. I once offered him a choice between an apple and a lump of bleeding raw beef. He went for the apple. He even has a word for them. It is something like 'Mwoaf', and he will say this while doing a little dance to get you to give him an apple. It's unspeakably cute.

Gomf!

Comment by HDeath (not verified) Mon, 08/13/2012 - 12:27

If you were to make a Lichtenstein inspired print/shirt/tote of the Gomf panel, I would have to buy it. It would have a home everywhere in my life.

That is all.

Double your production

Comment by 5thEarth (not verified) Mon, 08/13/2012 - 15:06

Next step, once you see the doctor, is to learn to draw with both hands at once! Then we get twice as many comics!

I also had an eat anything cat!

Comment by ShawnTheGirl (not verified) Mon, 08/13/2012 - 15:23

He particularly loved sour cream and onion pringles, and skittles. He was an indoor/outdoor cat who also hunted and ate gophers.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/14/2012 - 09:54

I had a cat in college that

Comment by rainycity1 (not verified) Tue, 08/14/2012 - 12:01

I had a cat in college that loved green beans. We had to stop letting him eat them, however. It turned out that he was allergic to them...

My dog does that too. It's

Comment by Joey_Malik (not verified) Tue, 08/14/2012 - 14:24

My dog does that too. It's weird. He eats snow peas and radishes and lettuce just fine, but if we give him the tiniest piece of meat he throws up. Most backwards dog in the world...

#2

Comment by Plasticarmyman (not verified) Sat, 08/18/2012 - 00:36

what about Bananas?! you made a comic wherein he destroyed it instead of eating it!!

Becareful of food obsession with cats

Comment by ash (not verified) Fri, 09/14/2012 - 16:00

So cute. I figured there would be so many cat stories in the comments section. I will heed one warning. If the cat gets too obsessed with food, it may eventually become fixated on eating and then develop a kind of anxiety where they eat anything (like erasers and such).

Just be careful because my family had a cat who ate improper things that led to 2000$ surgeries three times. What really scarred us was when the cat finally ate something really terrible and had to be put down. We did everything to change this. We would rotate foods, experiment with feeding times and proportions... playing with her a lot more...