More scanner problems! Oh dear.

More scanner problems! Oh dear.

Thu, 08/16/2012 - 16:57 by Ananth in response to diversity in cat magnetism

Academic paper forthcoming.

More left-handed comics! We should be getting back to right-handed comics in the next week or so. Oh, and again: we're away from HQ and the scanner we have access to is no longer compatible with the OS on our laptops. So we're posting photos and we'll upload corrected comics this weekend! Yup yup.

My brother's visiting and I'm getting the B9 Fall 2012 stuff together so it's busy busy busy! Catch you next week!

Comments

Cat story Bro, It's still

Comment by Aube (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 17:29

Cat story Bro, It's still mind boggling how great these left handed comics are looking.

I say she keeps doing left

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 17:57

I say she keeps doing left handed comics forever. make her be left handed.

Left handedness

Comment by Kitsumaharu (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 18:33

I have to say, Yuko is getting really good at this, I'm half wondering if she's actually ambidextrous! =o I know I'm not. Hahaha. I was writing with my left hand the other day and I was like, "Nope! Not happening!"

Wow

Comment by bloodprincess (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 19:14

First I just want to say where is Cricket in this comic, and I feel bad because I am left handed and my drawings are not this awesome

Also

Comment by SuileanDubh (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 08:26

Gonta?

southpaw

Comment by Sarssol (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 19:44

Are you sure this was drawn left-handed?
I think Yuko is secretly using her right. It is TOO GOOD.

Scanners

Comment by SamuraiArtGuy (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 19:50

For some reason, ever since the advent of those gorram awful scanner/printer/copier/fax things, the makers of stand-along scanners have been pretty frakkin' slack about updating their drivers. Just another instance of creative pros getting kicked to the curb in this consumer focused era.

But I am still filled with hate for UMAX and their hi-res Firewire model that shipped without a POWER SWITCH and was NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE UNPLUGGED. Seriously. Unplug the bastard and the power supply burned out... and the manual said so! What a POS.

Went on to an Epson Perfection and never looked back.

Amazing!

Comment by Cris (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 21:08

Man! I am amazed! Left handed drawings and photos are everything you need for a webcomic, and you're doing incredibly well! That's inspiring!

And what about Gonta's? XDD

Comment by Nester (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 23:07

And what about Gonta's? XDD Very cute! I missed Mika!

Needs further testing

Comment by Jason (not verified) Thu, 08/16/2012 - 23:23

I can't help but notice the back of the hand has the opposite polarity as the palm... an experiment where the attempted petting is with the back of the hand might shed further light on this mysterious subject.

Your left-handed drawings

Comment by Theresa (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 00:45

Your left-handed drawings are amazing.

Wait, who's Mika the Cat?

Scan it.

Comment by TJovian (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 01:47

Scanners can be a horrific pain depending on the make, model, and your OS. I learned early on to avoid the third party software from the Printer/scanner manufacturers at all costs and just fire up Image Capture provided with OS X since it seems to work with every bit of hardware I throw at it.

This is so true! We have

Comment by Snarfle (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 02:57

This is so true! We have three cats, and while two of them will jump up for pets, the other always skulks away when a hand comes down, like she's afraid we're going to smoosh her to the ground like an old dish rag... which is silly because we never have and she still demands pets and scitches anyway.

I'm still shocked these are

Comment by Stella (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 03:57

I'm still shocked these are drawn left-handed, she's picked it up so fast! I would love to see the pictures of all the cats someday! Whatever happened to Yuko's cat videos?

Will your brother be drawn

Comment by King_Bahamut (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 04:28

Will your brother be drawn in the comic? If so does he also have his eyes covered by a hat? ^_^

I love panel 2 for Rook. So

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 05:24

I love panel 2 for Rook. So cute.

I approve of the xkcd styling

Comment by Apreche (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 06:35

I approve of the xkcd styling

Very Nice, but Slightly Flawed

Comment by PlaidViking (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 07:02

Excellent and adorable comic. As a physics teacher, I couldn't help but see that as an electrostatic interaction rather than magnetic

Epilogue panel: When

Comment by Spinachwrap (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 07:27

Epilogue panel: When allergic, all cats from everywhere in all directions, trying to rub themselves on your face.

This explains everything !

Comment by Ospon (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 09:40

So that's why !

I love this one! If it were

Comment by Kairanie (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 09:43

I love this one! If it were a poster I would put it on my wall for sure.

:D

Comment by tabby (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 11:18

these left handed drawings are really coming out amazingly!

Is the polarity of the

Comment by Rai (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 11:59

Is the polarity of the hand/cat a commentary on personal perspective? ;-)

I Fail, Yuko Rules.

Comment by Æzen (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 17:27

Yuko! You can draw hands better with your off hand than I can draw with my dominant hand.

Left-handed?

Comment by Peabody (not verified) Fri, 08/17/2012 - 22:17

You sure you're not ambidextrous, Yuko? I swear, but for the writing, you're drawing great!

Phew

Comment by Plasticarmyman (not verified) Sat, 08/18/2012 - 00:38

Welp, ended up here from QC and I got caught up in 2 days :P I love your comic, it is pretty damn entertaining.

Electrocatics?

Comment by Mordecai (not verified) Sat, 08/18/2012 - 11:31

So, the good news is that this is a flawless illustration of an electrostatic interaction, so if physical accuracy is your thing, you can fix that by just changing the title. Electro... cat... ics? Man I dunno. Something like that maybe.

And then of course you get

Comment by Andrew_C (not verified) Sat, 08/18/2012 - 19:08

And then of course you get the cats with variable polarity, like mine.

hey yuko have you ever seen

Comment by marius (not verified) Sun, 08/19/2012 - 02:26

hey yuko have you ever seen whispers of the heart? its a studio ghibli animated movie and the main characters best friend is named yuko. its a really cute and insightful movie too.

I love your comics I am such

Comment by Kit (not verified) Sun, 08/19/2012 - 23:36

I love your comics I am such an addict. The cat ones are my favorite ones next to the woman with the skeletal hand and the adorable basilisk ones. Will we be getting any more of those any time soon? My cat is weird and goes both ways.... It depends On the time of day actually....

Jumpers!

Comment by Doreibo (not verified) Mon, 08/20/2012 - 04:41

There is a particularly curious kitty around my neighbourhood. It likes to explore our house even though it lives with another family, though you wouldn't know it the way mum feeds it.
Any way, the attraction between this cat and ANY hand is astonishing. It literally JUMPS up into the palm of any one's hand and arcs its neck so that it gets a pat whether you want to give it one or not.
Also Yuko, looks like you are becoming ambidextrous. NEETO!

Science!!

Comment by Pi (not verified) Mon, 08/20/2012 - 14:04

This comic shows magnetic monopoles! Is there a special extension of Maxwell's laws such that they describe interactions with cats??

I love this site so much and

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 08/20/2012 - 18:55

I love this site so much and I just found this video and thought it might come in handy (hurhur) for Yuko. It's exercises for tendonitis and carpal tunnel (and basically something every artist needs to do). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUyMNyrOHJQ&list=FL8yCk2qVyTsZEQoRkJKAZuw...

lefty eh?

Comment by Katherine (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 02:06

I like how you say this is still a left-handed comic, but the only hand IN the comic is a right hand ^^

WHERE IS GONTA I NEED THAT GONTA

Comment by Aaron (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 07:52

OH GOD I MISS GONTA COMICS SO MUCH

Please, can there be a limited Gonta/Yuko's Dad comic arc of sorts? God, that'd be amazing.

Left handedness

Comment by RVK (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 14:44

I really hope Yuko keeps practicing with the left hand drawing even after she can switch back. It's pretty handy to be able to draw with both. No pun intended. Okay, maybe it was.