Boss cat

Boss cat

Tue, 08/21/2012 - 19:25 by Ananth in response to sassycat

He wants what he wants (food) and he'll do whatever it takes to get it. He's a loose cannon!!

I'd said last week that Yuko was going back to right-handed comics, but I think she's enjoying the challenge! So here's another.

The finished versions of last week's comics are up! Check them out:

That's all for us. I'm spending most of my time flatting right now! Yuko's drawing comics. This is our life right now! It will also be our life when we catch you Thursday! See you then!

Comments

Well I'll be

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 19:45

I seriously had to ask myself whether this was one of Yuko's right or left-handed comics, as I can no longer tell the difference between the two. Awesome comics (and sassy cats) as usual!

Strangely similar....

Comment by Nor (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 20:00

I have to say that your Rook must be the long lost twin of my Jinx... Both black cats, both like to eat, both like to be bossy when they want food, both will eat anything that they come in contact with (even non food items, much to my despair).

Great comic, especially love Rook in the last panel lol

Rook is my spirit animal.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 20:16

Rook is my spirit animal.

My black cat likes to shove

Comment by corvideye (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 21:15

My black cat likes to shove items off of tables and counters when I don't do what she wants (such as give her my dinner). She's a vengeful critter.

...Hi

Comment by Tox (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 21:21

I can't see much difference between you left art vs your right art anymore, Yuko!

Which just goes to shows us what a determined artist could do if they lost their primary arm. Teheh.

Bah, I hope your right hand is okay though. I was just pointing that out...

My permakitten (topped off

Comment by Megan (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 21:26

My permakitten (topped off at just under 6 pounds) is a nut for food. She will climb my leg if I don't feed her fast enough. While I'm scooping up her food and adding her vitamins, she wraps herself around my legs. I've almost tripped over her on many occasions. She's not black, though...

Awww!!

Comment by Organs (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 21:37

He's so cute!! How do you stand it??

I thought we were back to

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 22:15

I thought we were back to the right-handeds when I saw this.
Yuko > Challenge

Demanding Cats

Comment by Raptorix (not verified) Tue, 08/21/2012 - 23:26

My black DLH, Inky, will tell me he wants to go outside (or have breakfast) anytime between 5-7am, and he will tell me by clawing at the artwork I have hanging on my walls above my desk. He's removed some of my artwork already and clawed up the clear plastic covers I have on the rest still on my walls. D: I might have to invest in hard plastic picture frames at this rate!

Heh.

Comment by Number Seven (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 00:36

If no one has suggested it yet- this is a thing that needs to happen:

Yuko needs to enter some kind of live drawing contest thingy. I'm sure those are a totally a thing, and not just something made-up to satisfy this fantasy- anyway, she goes to this thing and is all "Man, I am totes good at drawing!" and the doods are all "For reals, yo."

And so she faces off against her nemesis- whomever that is. and they're getting down to the wire, and the judges have no idea who to pick and then she's all "Man, you're really good- I think you might be better than me" and the bad guy is all "Thanks, but why are you smiling?"

And she says "Because I know something that you don't know."

"What is that?"

"I... am not left-handed!" And then she switches hands and everyone is impressed forever.

So Princess Bride but with

Comment by tsu (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 01:19

So Princess Bride but with pencils? I can dig it.

Comment by Dr3w (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 07:22

Very very yes.

Rook's in last panel - it's

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 01:34

Rook's in last panel - it's his John Face http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/263

Oh We got a badass over!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 03:57

Oh We got a badass over!

haunches!

Comment by yankonapc (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 04:49

Rook's legs and tail in panel 2 are so beautiful! I usually enjoy seeing the emotion in your kitties' faces as you interpret it, but find the juxtaposition of the anatomical accuracy of his bum with his highly stylized face very playful in this instance.

That sounded really

Comment by yankonapc (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 04:54

That sounded really pretentious. Sorry.

Like a boss

Comment by zaro (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 10:57

Yuko's drawing these things like a boss, seriously. She should be given a shirt with a left hand with a pencil that says "Like a Boss" or something.

And LoL, this comic made my morning. XD Bossy Rook is bossy.

Also, I don't know if it's me or the internet or just firefox acting crazy, but the site layout is broken on my screen. It's fine in the comments section, but the layout doesn't load on the comic parts... I think it may just be firefox and a case of needing to clear out my cookies and cache again, but is this happening to anyone else?

oh boy

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 12:06

I want Yuko to draw things forever.

:D

Comment by tabby (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 14:04

every week your drawings get better and better! also i fell in love with rook's face in the first column. XD

I actually thought it was

Comment by Moe (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 16:12

I actually thought it was back to right-handed drawing... but this is really cool. And I guess it must be an inherent trait of black cats to be bossy and demanding little things 'cos mine would nto leave me alone until she gets her way. That and also taken a hunk of meat out of everyone's ankle/foot.

This kind of "argument" is

Comment by Shauna (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 19:04

This kind of "argument" is why we use things like these (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11265166) so they always have food available.

Black cats seem to be best at glaring.

My mom's cat used to hook

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 21:28

My mom's cat used to hook her claws into my back pockets and try to tug my pants off when she was hungry. :)

So, I've been wondering for

Comment by Razege (not verified) Wed, 08/22/2012 - 23:02

So, I've been wondering for a while, but what program do you use to fill and shade in? I'm left rather confused as to your methods....

Fuzz the police!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 05:07

Fuzz the police!

... cute but... Is Johnny

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 09:25

... cute but...

Is Johnny Wander now officially a cat-only comic? It seems like nothing but cat jokes.
And most of them aren't even jokes, they are just 1:1 retellings of what your cats did.

Don't be sad!

Comment by Mawwd (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 14:10

Hmmm, Johnny Wander's a life comic, then they get some cats, and then they acknowledge that they spend tons of time making delicious comics for moneys (i.e. not going out)! I would daresay their main form of entertainment now is cats. After all, I believe John moved out, or they moved out on John (or some combination thereof), and his presence is no longer gracing them. Though I would gripe about the "aren't jokes" point, as all the comics here are retellings of events, even the remarkably funny ones.

See, I am all for cat comics. But maybe if you are not a cat person you are sad. Don't be sad! I am sure that you can go read about fat pony by Kate Beaton and stop being sad. It will take the sad right out of you.

This is my cat. ...Except

Comment by Mew (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 14:15

This is my cat.

...Except he's not even hungry when he pulls towels off hangers; he just does it for no reason.

LOL my cat is so similar to Rook

Comment by Boogie-G (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2012 - 02:31

Mine meows at door, then pushes door open, sits over my face and stares quietly. or if shes not feeling bitter enough shell need my face. lol her names Zhiva but we call her B.B