Store running low!

Store running low!

Thu, 08/23/2012 - 19:25 by Ananth in response to filing cabinet

Filing cabinet? Brick oven?

We were talking about an IKEA trip ... IKEA, My old nemesis. I got a new chair today and this thing is AWESOOOOME. We held off on the filing cabinet after all! But we did grab an IKEA lunch, which was ... uh ... okay. The best vegetarian option was Chocolate Cream Cake, which isn't really a vegetable or a fruit but hey, you do what you gotta do.

SPX is coming up in a few weeks! We'll be there and I'll have more info about it as it gets closer. It's going to be nice to be back in my old stomping grounds.

It looks like a lot of the merch in the store is running low - if you wanted to grab something, now may be the time! We ought to be getting some new items in soon, but we're going to be letting some of these things cycle out. Just a heads up!

That's all for us! See you next week!

Comments

Next Olympic Sport?

Comment by Alex Ross (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 19:40

Furniture Charades - It's the new Volleyball.

IKEA run

Comment by shadowrider (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 19:41

We jokingly refer to our trip to Ikea as 'Ikea runs', mainly because when we do go in for something we end up coming out with a bunch of other things as well.
I also agree that the menu at the cafeteria is rather mediocre, especially for semi- and vegetarian options.

Just a quick note- check

Comment by Melony (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 20:05

Just a quick note- check your local thrift shops, I have found some of my best office cabinets in almost new condition there & for 1/4 the price. It's an idea you guys might want to look into.

Is this right-handed?

Comment by Shiny (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 20:23

Is this comic right-handed or left-handed? I can't tell. Yuko's gotten good a drawing ambidextrously.

Next step do a Da Vinci and draw 2 comics at the same time.

(I'm Left-handed here)

Well

Comment by Juggler37 (not verified) Sat, 08/25/2012 - 13:38

It's got the left-handed tag. So I think so.

Okay at this point I'm pretty sure Yuko's ambidextrous, and just needed to get used to holding a pen leftie.

Oh. OHHHHH.

Comment by Rikaneko (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 20:52

I thought Yuko was describing a dresser. Welp.

That "mmhmm" scores bonus

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 21:03

That "mmhmm" scores bonus points and Anath takes the lead!

LOL Yuko is dancing like

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 22:49

LOL Yuko is dancing like Butthead. Dance like Beavis Ananth!

LOL Yuko is dancing like

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 22:49

LOL Yuko is dancing like Butthead. Dance like Beavis Ananth!

I don't even

Comment by whatisgoingon (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 22:51

This is the first time I did not get a JW joke D:

no sweat

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 09:58

I don't get it, either.

Still chuckled, though.

warlbarlgh

Comment by Al Paradise (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 09:59

Aaaaaand I just noticed the comic's title. Duh.

Taken out of contest it

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 23:10

Taken out of contest it looks like she wants to get busy LOL

*cough*

Comment by drmike (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 07:55

Gotta admit that's the *cough* first thing that came to my mind as well.

But I wasn't going to be the first one to admit to it.

Is this left handed, cause I

Comment by derp o3o (not verified) Thu, 08/23/2012 - 23:48

Is this left handed, cause I cant tell o3o

animate!!!

Comment by Anonymous4 (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 01:01

someone please make that an animated gif, i have laughed too hard for it to stay a simple static visual joke.

I woulda guessed 'mailbox'

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 03:05

I woulda guessed 'mailbox' before 'brick oven'?

Though I guess they don't really sell those at Ikea.

(Do you guys know about the Ikea song though? By Jonathan Coulton, troubadour of the nerds.)

Or

Comment by KingofDerby (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 05:36

Not to get creepy, but could

Comment by Maz (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 09:30

Not to get creepy, but could you share with us the chair model? So hard to shop for chairs.

I DO THIS! I think in

Comment by Holly (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 09:42

I DO THIS! I think in pictures, so there's SO MANY times where I can't think of the word, but I know exactly what it is I want to say. ^^;

Comment by LongLiveHumour (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 09:43

this
always
Yuko, I may be your long-lost twin sister
or something

Just found this comic. Read the whole thing in one afternoon. Damn youuuuu etc.
Great stuff.

Uh guys?

Comment by Joe Barrett (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 18:05

"You also need a, uh....a thing."

Comment by fraoch (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 19:40

Happens to me all the time at work. Unfortunately, there is no hand sign for 'data plan', so it gets awkward.

Sign Language!

Comment by Julie (not verified) Tue, 08/28/2012 - 01:22

There may be no general hand gestures for things you can't remember like pieces of furniture or data plans, but in American Sign Language, there most definitely ARE signs for all of these things! Also, knowing ASL (American Sign Language) definitely helps with the aerial hand waving/ hand shaping indicative of something that you've forgotten the name of!

I do this too....

Comment by Strangebee (not verified) Fri, 08/24/2012 - 20:15

I come from a whole family that does this. It's usually accompanied by whoever is trying to get the item across saying, "You know that thing that does stuff?", and a lot of hand gestures. The best part is we almost always know what the other person is talking about. My husband was so lost for the longest time since I would try to do that to him. Haha.

i thought ikea had spinach

Comment by lala (not verified) Sat, 08/25/2012 - 14:41

i thought ikea had spinach crepes or something?? my dad's a vegetarian and that's what he gets when he goes with some delicious ikea french fries (no but seriously i love ikea food it's like fine dining)

:D

Comment by Laurel (not verified) Sun, 08/26/2012 - 00:52

Seriously, Yuko has gotten amazing at drawing leftie!

And I can definitely relate to the not being able to remember names thing.

Eyes?

Comment by drmike (not verified) Mon, 08/27/2012 - 16:34

I just realized that we can see Yuko's eye in the last frame. I don't recall a comic before showing her eyes from behind her glasses.

mmm ikea food

Comment by Olivia (not verified) Tue, 08/28/2012 - 15:22

You should have gotten the mac and cheese! I'm a pescitarian, and that's become my go-to once I had my last Ikea meatball meal haha. It's really good and creamy!

If you weren't a Veg I'd

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/28/2012 - 16:18

If you weren't a Veg I'd recommend the Swedish Meatballs. Those things are tasty as hell, especially with the gravy.